1182 users online (241 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Kansas City police officer delivers baby girl on bench outside Walmart

KC police officer delivers baby outside Walmart (Kansas City Star)
    ---
    Officer Matt Phelps, a seven-year KCPD veteran and father of four, encountered a woman outside the Walmart at 4200 Blue Ridge Blvd. whose water had broken.

The woman was in labor and about eight minutes later gave birth to a baby girl on a bench at about 7 p.m. Saturday.

The mother, Marsheanna Clark, and baby are doing well, according to a police department press release.
    ---
    In the release, Phelps said this was his first baby delivery.
    ---
    “When it wants to come, it’s just going to come,” Clark said.
    a bit more at link

Probably not in his job description....lol.

Hooray for Officer Phelps. Nice to read good news for a change.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

I've always said you can get anything at Walmart. But even I hadn't thought of OB/Gyn services.

This baby girl was evidently born to shop.

Best wishes for Mother and Baby.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight