Horror of Meth: Before & After Photos

Well, those photos are awful and really hard to look at, but I think they need to be out there and viewed by as many people in society as possible.

I have seen a few similar photos on a poster in a high school. It is my hope that something that graphic and dramatic would stick in the mind of a young person, or an older person, for that matter.

The first woman looks like a victim of a burning/acid accident to me. I don't think that disfigurement was caused by meth, unless indirectly (a meth lab explosion or something). But you get horrible before and after images of completely sober burn victims as well. JMO

Edit: according to the comments in the article (for whatever they're worth) she had a shake and bake meth lab blow up in her face. So, meth related but the caption is misleading imo. Explosions happen in a matter of seconds, not over a period of three years.

Shocking: Over a period of just three years, this meth addict's entire face has become disfigured

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-users-hooked-deadly-drug.html#ixzz2ELol6fkq

Edit 2: DM's earlier reporting about her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-lab-explosion-caught-making-drug-again.html
Woman who was left hideously disfigured after explosion at illegal meth lab is 'caught manufacturing the drug again'

thanks for these pictures. meth scares the crap out of me. my grandchildren need to see these pictures when they get a little older.

Not only it is poison to the body alone, but the changes to the brain are horrific. If you research how it changes the brain chemistry in mood and emotions it's just shocking..and you can understand how hard it is for the person to get clean from it. It more or less sends you into major, major depression without it after habitual use and just snowballs from there. Yet kids will always think....they can't be touch by it's horrors and will try it anyway. Anyone making and distributing should spend some very serious time in prison for what they peddling. IMO It's an absolute nightmare how destructive it is to society in so many ways. JMO

http://www.cracked.com/article_15653_the-8-most-terrifying-anti-meth-ads-from-blog.html

i knew i'd watched some excellant anti meth adds, but i could'nt remember what state. But the above link has some of them. thankyou Montana!! i have'nt watched all the ones in the link, so they might be from different places.
These type of short brutal realistic film clips should be shown in schools when kids are about 10-12 just my opinion.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15653_the-8-most-terrifying-anti-meth-ads-from-blog.html

i knew i'd watched some excellant anti meth adds, but i could'nt remember what state. But the above link has some of them. thankyou Montana!! i have'nt watched all the ones in the link, so they might be from different places.
These type of short brutal realistic film clips should be shown in schools when kids are about 10-12 just my opinion.

The DARE program is available in schools but I read it wasn't as effective as they hoped it would be.

DARE AMERICA
http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp

DARE CANADA

http://www.dare.com/home/International/StoryPage64e3.asp?N=International

Meth and all drugs are very scary. Nobody is immune to the risks. It could destroy families in all walks of life.

i just watched them they are the Montana adds, 30 seconds each - they are so well done, short sharp and real, at the end they have a link to the rest of the Montana adds at youtube. i dislike it when governments and such try to reinvent the wheel - it costs money, which should get spent on treatment centres, Montana meth adds are just the best, they should be worldwide educational tools. 30 seconds who ever made those is brilliant. JMO

Yea thanks n/t, just read thru the Dare, nope Montana rules - thats what i mean about wasting money.
My son at 4 went thru a treatment centre with me (Peardonville, Abbotsford,BC) fantastic, life changing, - drug treatment, parenting skills and believe me i needed them, ignorance is not bliss, its just generational neglect and abuse, and i did'nt know any better. People have no problem telling you your doing things wrong, but learning how to do thing right, i needed teaching.
Peardonville the government decided they needed to upgrade the buildings and staff and such, a $million later, they totally screwed up a really good thing. idiots

What i do wonder is how i could show these vids to government or schools, if they are on youtube does that mean no royalties?

My sister and I discussed seveal years back that we wish there was some sort of program where counselors would go to high schools and using computer technology, take volunteer students' photos and show them what they would look like after years of using meth.

Teens are very concerned with looks and being perceived as attractive. We were thinking it would really stick with young people to see their own face of meth.

Ift would be a much more effective message then just say no IMO

This should be taught young, no use telling kids once they start, those Montana adds are there , do not waste money, put the $ into into treatment centers. As an ex streeter, all that is needed is functional, don't need a pretty place, need old addicts (not theory or uni knowledge, i could make them cry, thats not good)Treatment centres should have the input of people who have a positive outcome, i was in a good place now its not, now its club med. the gov is so worried about the way things look.
Children must be in treatment centres, it would make a world of difference to them, so they know whats ok and not. a $ now saves many $later, being a gangbanger or a is not really a choice in some lives.

So why don't they show these adds at school? i 'm just gonna put the adds on disc, an give them to the local schools.

This reminds me of some photos I saw recently of Russian addicts of the homemade heroin substitute "krokodil." (Take my advice and do NOT search for images.) The strange thing is that even though such pictures have been widely published, both meth and krokodil continue to attract new users. I can only assume that some people's lives are so filled with despair that they will use any means of temporary escape, regardless of what it does to them.

Donjeta, yes, that's a burn victim. I looked at her face, and said she'd been miscatagorized...but if she got burned in a meth lab explosion...well, then she's correctly catagorized. However, the meth is not what caused her facial disfiguration; burns are a very unique injury, and have a distinct scarring pattern, which she had.

I am so sorry for all the addicts who wish they were clean but can't get the help they need. That's also something which needs to be talked about - how hard it is to get clean, and stay clean...when you have no resources. And it's not like you can get a job looking like that, you know?

Best-
Herding Cats

This reminds me of some photos I saw recently of Russian addicts of the homemade heroin substitute "krokodil." (Take my advice and do NOT search for images.) The strange thing is that even though such pictures have been widely published, both meth and krokodil continue to attract new users. I can only assume that some people's lives are so filled with despair that they will use any means of temporary escape, regardless of what it does to them.

OMG that drug is horrible. I read an article about it and would like to point out a couple of things for anyone interested.

Poor Russians gravitate to this drug for several reasons.

It's cheap.

But even worse, it takes about a month for withdrawal symptoms to go away. So unless you have superhuman will power...the pull to do the drug again must be huge.

It's made from codeine. In Russia, no one has to have a prescription for codeine. People go to the store and buy codeine tabs and try to use a process to turn that into desomorphine. The problem is they use gasoline and hydrochloric acid among other things(red phosphorous) which produce an impure final product that sloughs away the skin at the injection site until there is no skin and infection sets up.

Users die and often within 1 to 3 years.

It's a horrible horrible drug.

Meth is horrible.

Anything you have to cook in a kitchen using homemade substitutes will not end well.

Some of the worst crimes I've seen on this forum involved someone high on meth.

What a horrible way to exist! I watched a movie- Cook County - and it definitely will give you an inside look of a drug driven life.. I don't know how the actors pulled it off but they really really looked and acted like meth users

It's pure poison. You might as well get up and drink a cup of rat poison everyday. You are slowly killing yourself. It's crazy. They are not getting high there getting poisoned. I have seen some really good looking people get ugly real fast. I don't understand why people do this to themselves but there are thousands maybe millions out there, doing it daily. I feel sorry for the children. They have to witness this daily, and are left alone and are either verbally or physically abused or both. The thing that makes this so bad is it's homemade. So people may be cutting it with who knows what.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back