Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

<modsnip> The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Please read the opening posts and post responsibly.

Thanks!

Brining over from last thread......................

I thought I would post this timeline again to help us out about text's and things like that:

Timeline of events in Dylan Redwine case

Day 1: Sunday, Nov. 18

Evening: Dylan arrives in Durango from Colorado Springs after 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson issued a court order granting Mark Redwine, Dylan&#8217;s father, visitation rights during the Thanksgiving holiday. Dylan sends his mother, Elaine, a text message that says he has arrived. Elaine Redwine tells The Durango Herald that Dylan&#8217;s text message ended with an emoticon that was interpreted as a scowl.

Day 2: Monday, Nov. 19

6:30 a.m.: According to Dylan&#8217;s friends, he was to meet them at this time in Bayfield. His friends say he did not show up.

7:30 a.m.: Mark Redwine says he left his house to run errands in Durango. This is the last time he saw Dylan.

11:30 a.m.: Mark Redwine says he returns home and finds that Dylan is gone.

2 p.m.: A postal worker may have seen Dylan walking on County Road 501 near Vallecito with another boy. Both reportedly were wearing hooded sweatshirts and had black backpacks.

Afternoon: Mark Redwine checks with Dylan&#8217;s friends when he does not find Dylan at his home and notifies Elaine Redwine that the teen is missing.

6 p.m.: Mark Redwine calls police to report Dylan missing. Shortly after, La Plata County Search and Rescue begins searching for Dylan in areas near County Road 500, where his father lives, north of Vallecito Reservoir.

Day 3: Tuesday, Nov. 20

Afternoon: Two rescue workers think they may have seen Dylan on two separate occasions but say he fled into the forest. One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan.

La Plata County Search and Rescue look all day using ground search teams and dogs but pull out before dark in the hopes that Dylan would be encouraged to go to a friend&#8217;s house for the night

Read More......................................

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ws01/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

Sorry, I don't know how to bring things over from the other threads, but I don't think the poster was insinuating that Dylan purposely did anything to push dad's buttons, but that, it could have happened, and it could very well have been just something that went too far.

I'm to the point where, it either happened that night, and Dylan never made it back to dad's house, or an acquaintance or stranger abduction happened the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
I respect your opinion but I dont believe that for one second. I see resentment as I have seen in other custody cases where a Judge makes a decision one side of the family doesnt like.

Im not sure we will ever know the real truth about that either. When one parent only says the child felt so and so ......we will never know what the real truth is.

IMO

Well, I for one will believe Dylan. Who immediately wanted to see his friends and typed the scowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to add to what LindaNJ said, that in that cropped image of Dylan at Walmart, he does NOT look happy. At all!

Do I need to read the last 20 pages of the last thread?

OceanBlueEyes - I don't know how to copy over from previous thread, but I know you didn't say that - I did. :) Sorry I wasn't clearer.

I'm 50/50 between he took off walking and was hit, or something happened Sunday night. I don't think anything was premeditated though.

Do I need to read the last 20 pages of the last thread?

Not really, but they are doing a search tomorrow along that road that I think will turn up something. Or close out a possibility in my mind, anyway.

Volunteers to search ditches for Dylan Redwine clues Saturday

Volunteers and investigators in La Plata County will search ditches between Durango and Vallecito Saturday for clues in the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.

In a statement Thursday evening, the Sheriff's Department said the search was not prompted by new leads, but to get in one more look ahead of potential snowfall arriving this weekend.

The search along La Plata County 240 will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Edgemont Ranch picnic area in the 5300 block of La Plata County 240 west La Plata County 234.

Read more: Volunteers to search ditches for Dylan Redwine clues Saturday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz2ELvm4GeB

Is anyone posting who is familiar with this area?
Is there anything you can tell us about this picnic area?
Interesting they are including ditches in Durango

^ I brought this over here because in addition to the above, I had another question.

Am not good with google maps, especially here because it involves a CR. Now last night I tried to find the above picnic area to get the visual; first it took me to some residential looking area with different road names and everything.

Then I googled something else, and I honestly do not remember what it was - I think it was CR 234. It brought up a CR, very few, if any houses. The area pointed to a somewhat undefined gravel area, no parking spots, nothing that looked like there was a pavillion, picnic tables or anything else. But, there was a lake to the right of this road (the way i was looking at the map).

So, my next question is, is there a lake very near this picnic area they are searching today or tomorrow? Anyone know?

Sorry, I don't know how to bring things over from the other threads, but I don't think the poster was insinuating that Dylan purposely did anything to push dad's buttons, but that, it could have happened, and it could very well have been just something that went too far.

I'm to the point where, it either happened that night, and Dylan never made it back to dad's house, or an acquaintance or stranger abduction happened the next day.

Thank you mmmagique, I was not insinuating in any way that Dylan would have been responsible for any altercation that may have occured. He is a child. MR is the adult. Children say and do things out of anger that adults are expected to understand and deal with, and to be able to diffuse situations, not escalate them. But that's not always the case.

ER herself indicated her fear that Dylan may have said something that MR did not like if I recall correctly.

MOO

Not really, but they are doing a search tomorrow along that road that I think will turn up something. Or close out a possibility in my mind, anyway.

Thanks! If Dylan was still alive Monday morning then I believe an accident occurred on that road so I'm glad they will be searching it.

Usually at this time of the year Vallecito and surrounding areas are covered with snow. 240 is being searched on saturday because a snowstorm is expected. It would be spring before the snow is all melted. LE doesn't want any evidenced covered up, pushed and destroyed by snowplows. Methinks that they have nothing in ways of evidence.
Earlier someone posted a link to a vid of Vallecito creek. I am thinking that is from above the Lake and from some spring season years ago. This past summer there has been very little rain. (i have daily monitored the weather out there for maybe 10 years) Not much snowfall last year. Vallecito creek does not look like that this time of the year. Below the dam the name changes to Los Pinos (Pine) River. From that area of the San Juans the rivers flowing are the Pine, Animas, Florida, all emptying into Lake Navajo and the San Juan River. Lake Nighthorse is not opened to the public yet.

Nothing new reported here but written today by the pinerivertimes

Where are the journalists and investigative reporters?? If I were local and had resources I'd be asking questions, doing research, looking into the RSO's, and exploring as many options as possible.

Seems there's not much new to work with...

Hang in there sweet boy

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1098

Hopefully this works......

Salem
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille
I don't think anyone in the family would have a motive for Dylan to disappear. I don't think anyone in the family wanted anything more than for him to spend an enjoyable week with his father and friends and return home safely. But this visit fell on the heels of some very tumultuous years and events. It is also right after two separate court proceedings where in at least one that we've heard, Dylan made statements. This would be the first time MR would have had the chance to speak to him about those statements as well. I'm not sure this visit turned out to be as much of a happy reunion between father and son as I'm sure all of the family, including MR, hoped it would be.

MOO
Can you link the bolded part, please? I think I missed it somehow?

Thanks,

Salem

This is interesting if true that MR and DR have not seen each other since DR made statements. That would only be bad if DR made really negative statements about MR and the court sealed them. But I do think if minors make sealed statements to court and they are sealed that even the PARENTS cannot access those. Parents may presume something bad was said about them due to the outcome of the case, but I think they are private and that's why kids feel safe to say them to the judge in secret, knowing the parents will never see them. That's my understanding anyway.

Don't have a link, but the friend of the family said one of the errands MR did Mon. morning was turn in paperwork at his place of employment.

There was a good map posted on the previous thread regarding what they are going to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie