GA GA - Villa Dowdy, 42, Dahlonega, 1 Sept 1993

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's another husband who reported his wife missing and now is being charged with her murder......11 years later!

A man who reported his wife missing more than 11 years ago has been arrested after authorities found skeletal remains they believe belonged to the woman.
David Lamar Dowdy, 61, has been charged with felony murder in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Villa Inez Dowdy.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=58593

Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Villa Inez Dowdy

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dowdy, was last seen by her husband around 8:00am on September 1, 1993, when he left their home to run errands. When he returned about two hours later, she was gone. Their residence is located 4 miles west of Dahlonega on Tom Bell Odum Road. Ms. Dowdy has made no contact with either her family or friends since she disappeared. No vehicles were missing, and her remaining clothing, personal effects and ID were still in the residence.

Matches for Villa on yahoo

Husband Charged in 1993 Death

David Lamar Dowdy, 61, has been charged with felony murder in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Villa Inez Dowdy.

Anyone with further information is asked to contact the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Office at (706) 864-3688 OR the GBI Gainesville Office at (770) 535-5423.

Villa Inez Dowdy
December 5, 1950 - September 1, 1993​

Rest in peace, Villa. Now, I pray for justice.
With love and HOPE, Lanie

I am glad she has beenfound after so long...
Hopefully justice will be served.

I'm Villa "Chubby" Inez Dowdy's niece. This has been a long time coming. We now hope for two thing, for her to rest in peace now, and for justice to be long over due served. I hope God is with my cousins, Her daughters, in this terrible time. They have long believe that their mother left them and ran away. Many ugly stories have come about her in these long years. I hope these children try to remember the mother they knew, and not the one their father has told them she was, over the years. Their mother loved them more than life itself. I think she has proved that.

Deanne

Perfect said:
I'm Villa "Chubby" Inez Dowdy's niece. This has been a long time coming. We now hope for two thing, for her to rest in peace now, and for justice to be long over due served. I hope God is with my cousins, Her daughters, in this terrible time. They have long believe that their mother left them and ran away. Many ugly stories have come about her in these long years. I hope these children try to remember the mother they knew, and not the one their father has told them she was, over the years. Their mother loved them more than life itself. I think she has proved that.

Deanne

Such a sad thing to have happened. I wonder if the girls will believe that their father murdered their mom? That is such a horrible thing for kids to have to live with. Maybe now that the dad will be in prison you and your family can help them remember the mother that they knew through pictures and memories that you hold dear. It has to be hard for your family that the girls think bad things about their mom.

From April 2007:

http://gainesvillelegals.com/news/stories/20070426/localnews/170072.shtml

David L. Dowdy Jr. never stood trial for his wife's death. But guilt pressed the lifelong Lumpkin County resident to tell family and authorities two years ago that he killed Villa Inez "Chubby" Dowdy in September 1993.

Now, at 63 years old, David Dowdy died Sunday from an extended illness, according to his obituary...

Dowdy was charged with murder following his February 2005 confession. Yet, he was declared mentally incompetent to stand trial, said Smegal, of the Enotah Judicial Circuit's Lumpkin County office. The case was shelved until Dowdy's mental state improved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back