Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

<modsnip> The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Thanks IMA ! Do you know the addy of MR or is that allowed? I know the house pics have been up and I wanted to map it........yes after 17 threads,,,,,,,,, I finally wanted to map it. tks ! :)

Dozens of items were flagged by searchers. Of those, 10 were collected by investigators "for future reference," according to the news release.

Read more: Hundreds search for clues in Dylan Redwine case - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...earch-clues-travis-redwine-case#ixzz2EVxRbRqV

Interesting. Wonder what those 10 items were? Sure hope they are all useful. Dylan needs to come back home to his mom, brothers and family soon!! But i have this dreaded feeling this could be another Kyron. :(

IMO-I would like to see them search Dylan's home computer. Find out who he was talking to, who may have known he would be at his Dad's, see if there were any plans with anyone other than his texting friends, etc.
This IMO is a very important must-do regardless of who is responsible..especially given the fact that from all that we have been told this young teen was extremely involved in multiple facets of social media via internet and all electronic communication..

I know by far and wide the majority of recent cases of teens, young adults especially that this is a key piece of evidence that LE lunge for pretty much right off the bat, if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what his recent state of mind, attitude, and social patterns had been leading up to his disappearance..

And then just as you mention above for the other obvious reasons of seeing who he was communicating with..was there someone questionable, older, anything at all that may stand out to investigators...

Needless to say IMO this type of searching of Dylans online presence, communications, etc are all IMO extremely relevant and important to go through..

Oh Lord, let me send you Paul. He would break you, I promise.

When he was born, from day 1, he came home from the hospital crying his eyes out. He was inconsolable and I felt helpless and hopeless. My mother, who lived a couple hours from me, said, "Honey just let me come get him. He's only a few months old and there's no need to let him rule your life like this. He has to sleep sometime. Let me come get him for a few days and I will get him straightened out."
So, even though I was very attached and worried about sending off my little one, I did so. Surely my mother could work her magic on him.
Within 24 hours, she pulled into the drive. She was squalling and he was squalling. When I opened the door, she shoved the screaming bundle into my arms and said, "Honey, I'm so sorry....I don't know what you're going to do with him!" Then she turned around and drove home.
LOL!
Oh shefner this story made me chuckle and tense up all at the same time in trying to imagine myself in this situation.. Oh Lordy I guess it's as they all say that the good Lord won't give you more than you can handle, deal with, and survive..lol..but my having my son at the young age of 21 I am so very greatful that the good Lord realized I just wasn't up for such trials and tribulations as the above situation you perfectly described for us..

Now, let me be clear that instead I have found that while my son was truly an angel in every sense of the word, and easy-peasy thru all of the infant, toddler, and young child stages as he was growing up.. But somehow I always knew in the back of my head that at some point I'd be faced with a difficult, strong willed teen in my reaping what I sowed in giving my own momma Hell thru my teen years.. And thus here we are.. Him now fully into the teen years, but yet still several teen years yet to go and stubborn as all get out...whew!..somehow we'll survive tho, on certain days I'm not so certain it will be BOTH that survive his teen years ..lol..j/k.

And now I am taking that hard turn and veering back ON TOPIC..my apologies for the slightly off road course I temporarily just detoured us on..lol

That's very true. But a lot was made of that grainy picture of Dylan at Wal-Mart that night. Even though we could all see the picture was poor quality, there was a field day over that picture and how Mark did something to him and he was crying his eyes out. It's all subjective.
I know a couple were of the opinion that they thought possibly they were seeing puffiness, pink, or red face in the grainy pic...but IMO MOST were not of that opinion, but rather realized the poor quality of the image rendered it useless as far as gleaning specific details of Dylan's appearance..

And that it was what it was and served it's purpose in establishing a documentable timeline for LE of that nights movements, along with giving a thorough and accurate description of what he was last confirmed to be wearing...jmo.

I've never been in a Walmart around here that had much for cell reception. Maybe that one is the same way.

This IMO is FACT as far as I'm concerned..lol..no lie over the years irregardless of what model cell phone, or what carrier I was with, the one place that I found my cell phone to be unreliable was inside our local Super Walmart .. your now bringing this up as well and I know you and I are not even near neighbors as far as what region of the country we live(at least I don't think we live near one another ..lol..even tho at the moment I'm drawing a blank on what region of the country your in, or if I even have ever known that info..lol)..

anyhoo point is I see I'm not the only one who can count on not having service inside my Super Walmart..

<SNIP>
This IMO is FACT as far as I'm concerned..lol..no lie over the years irregardless of what model cell phone, or what carrier I was with, the one place that I found my cell phone to be unreliable was inside our local Super Walmart .. your now bringing this up as well and I know you and I are not even near neighbors as far as what region of the country we live(at least I don't think we live near one another ..lol..even tho at the moment I'm drawing a blank on what region of the country your in, or if I even have ever known that info..lol)..

anyhoo point is I see I'm not the only one who can count on not having service inside my Super Walmart..

I'm in Minnesota. A lot of water, but a bit of a shortage on mountains. :seeya:

Why didnt they stay in Bayfield if he has a home there.

And I wonder if this home was searched.

O/T: My son cried so much and required little sleep. I was too happy to return to work @ 6 weeks. I had an in-home babysitter, a loving, kind grandmotherly woman that I knew my entire life. Well, she fired my son after 1 month. He cried and cried everyday and required holding. A couple of weeks later, he was baptized. During the ceremony, it was storming and the electricity went out. The priest was a family friend. Afterwards we told the priest my son probably needed an exorcism. I'm happy to report that we survived, and my son turned into a pleasant, independent adult.

But... maybe you returned important family calls when you got a chance?

Only after she was found. They did let me glance at texts and calls coming in, but the questions were so fast and furious that I couldn't focus beyond making sure it was, you know, her. Their main goal is to keep you talking, because the more you talk the more likely you rattle yourself into a corner. So, no, I had no time to call or text in the hours after calling LE. It was on and there but it only had an Eighth of my focus.

You gotta understand, it's surreal. The whole world swirls around you. You say stupid pointless details over and over. Your brain is hashing out a million things, and police are hashing out a million more. There is no room for clear thought. And I pride myself on not being emotionally driven, so i expected I would have had a clearer head. I was told not to help look and I listened. You have to understand that by the time you call LE for help, you are defeated and you surrender to what they ask entirely simply because you are empty and they come in with a plan, which is more than you've got.

I remember people there, friends came as word spread, but I don't remember at the same time. It's vague. I would probably have been unbelievable to most of you, because I didn't cry until she was found. I just couldn't waste time with crying, I had to figure things out. What shocks me the most is that i would repeat seemingly meaningless details, as if LE didn't get it the first time. And then I would draw a blank on things that I really should have remembered.

It's really hard to understand until you have been in that situation, you don't react how you think you will react. My husband was right nearby and we never got to talk or reflect at all.

Thanks IMA ! Do you know the addy of MR or is that allowed? I know the house pics have been up and I wanted to map it........yes after 17 threads,,,,,,,,, I finally wanted to map it. tks ! :)

The only address I know of SCHMAE is:

County Road 500
Vallecito, CO

Only after she was found. They did let me glance at texts and calls coming in, but the questions were so fast and furious that I couldn't focus beyond making sure it was, you know, her. Their main goal is to keep you talking, because the more you talk the more likely you rattle yourself into a corner. So, no, I had no time to call or text in the hours after calling LE. It was on and there but it only had an Eighth of my focus.

You gotta understand, it's surreal. The whole world swirls around you. You say stupid pointless details over and over. Your brain is hashing out a million things, and police are hashing out a million more. There is no room for clear thought. And I pride myself on not being emotionally driven, so i expected I would have had a clearer head. I was told not to help look and I listened. You have to understand that by the time you call LE for help, you are defeated and you surrender to what they ask entirely simply because you are empty and they come in with a plan, which is more than you've got.

I remember people there, friends came as word spread, but I don't remember at the same time. It's vague. I would probably have been unbelievable to most of you, because I didn't cry until she was found. I just couldn't waste time with crying, I had to figure things out. What shocks me the most is that i would repeat seemingly meaningless details, as if LE didn't get it the first time. And then I would draw a blank on things that I really should have remembered.

It's really hard to understand until you have been in that situation, you don't react how you think you will react. My husband was right nearby and we never got to talk or reflect at all.

My heart goes out to you and most importantly, I am so relieved she was found. :hug:

This IMO is a very important must-do regardless of who is responsible..especially given the fact that from all that we have been told this young teen was extremely involved in multiple facets of social media via internet and all electronic communication..

I know by far and wide the majority of recent cases of teens, young adults especially that this is a key piece of evidence that LE lunge for pretty much right off the bat, if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what his recent state of mind, attitude, and social patterns had been leading up to his disappearance..

And then just as you mention above for the other obvious reasons of seeing who he was communicating with..was there someone questionable, older, anything at all that may stand out to investigators...

Needless to say IMO this type of searching of Dylans online presence, communications, etc are all IMO extremely relevant and important to go through..

Oh shefner this story made me chuckle and tense up all at the same time in trying to imagine myself in this situation.. Oh Lordy I guess it's as they all say that the good Lord won't give you more than you can handle, deal with, and survive..lol..but my having my son at the young age of 21 I am so very greatful that the good Lord realized I just wasn't up for such trials and tribulations as the above situation you perfectly described for us..

Now, let me be clear that instead I have found that while my son was truly an angel in every sense of the word, and easy-peasy thru all of the infant, toddler, and young child stages as he was growing up.. But somehow I always knew in the back of my head that at some point I'd be faced with a difficult, strong willed teen in my reaping what I sowed in giving my own momma Hell thru my teen years.. And thus here we are.. Him now fully into the teen years, but yet still several teen years yet to go and stubborn as all get out...whew!..somehow we'll survive tho, on certain days I'm not so certain it will be BOTH that survive his teen years ..lol..j/k.

And now I am taking that hard turn and veering back ON TOPIC..my apologies for the slightly off road course I temporarily just detoured us on..lol

I know a couple were of the opinion that they thought possibly they were seeing puffiness, pink, or red face in the grainy pic...but IMO MOST were not of that opinion, but rather realized the poor quality of the image rendered it useless as far as gleaning specific details of Dylan's appearance..

And that it was what it was and served it's purpose in establishing a documentable timeline for LE of that nights movements, along with giving a thorough and accurate description of what he was last confirmed to be wearing...jmo.

Haha. Nope. Me too. Kind of ironic since I have a tendency to get disoriented in WalMart and need to phone a friend for help finding my way out or remembering what I went in for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73