IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22

December 5, 2012
(AP) EVANSDALE, Iowa - Hunters found two bodies Wednesday believed to be those of young Iowa cousins who vanished five months Ago while riding their bikes, authorities said.

The families of 11-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 9-year-old Elizabeth Collins have been notified of the discovery, said Black Hawk County sheriff's Capt. Rick Abben said. Abben wouldn't say where the bodies were found.

Appearing to fight back tears as he broke the news in Evansdale, near where the girls disappeared in July, Abben said: "It's definitely not the outcome that we wanted, obviously."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...d-bodies-believed-to-be-missing-iowa-cousins/

Location is noted on Hollye's Case Map.

I also came across a site pipl.com. It lists a persons Contact, Background, Profiles, Public Records and Web information. It has some Youtube videos to choose from with possibly related results to the name that is put in. Teens and young people often videotape crimes they commit as well as areas and places they frequent.

Quoting a few late posts from the previous thread.

Otto, I hate to ask, but is there any way you could find time to map out RSO CMF's addresses which are listed on the variou SO link provided in the las few pages?

We are hoping to discover the proximity of those known addresses to the girls'residnces and the know crime scenes in this case.

If you choose not to I will totally understand. I ask because you have really proved excellent in manipulating map images and breaking things down for us more spacially challenged members.

Thank you either way.

I'm not otto, but I put this together with CMF's addresses: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...ASA-imF9aVyuk3lhzFF_rb6pM0SkQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

What other addresses would you like me to add?

Let me rephrase that. Where would I find the residence addresses?

Bless you carbuff. I am hoping for a map with pins for all his addresses, pins for both girls addresses and pins for lake myers, lastly a pin for 7 bridges. Please and thank you.

Oh yeah and add Readlyn as well, his crime of conviction.

You are the best. Thank you so much.
I am a so so mapper but havent mastered.it on a tablet yet.

You might want to add the 600? block of Greenbriar Dr/St in Waterloo as well. It's north of most of the addresses and near Geo Wyth Lake where Misty took Lyric swimming. I believe Tammy lives there....or did. This was the area Misty was found out in the yard and taken to the hospital and the area where Lyric disappeared for awhile when Misty called Dan and LE....and assuming where the 14 yr old cousin was approached. If I'm not mistaken, Misty's new bf at the time once lived at that addy also. jmo

Just curious as if anyone else has heard or seen update from news media any information about the male body found under bridge in Linn County? And I can't find the link now but I also read somewhere today about a male body being found in a rural driveway, can't remember if it was Dubuque or Davenport...one or the other I think it was.
Is MM still in halfway house?

Just to add to the above info. Greenbrier Rd, where Misty lives/d has 3 sex offenders living in the subdivision. West of the subdivision is George Wyth Lake where Misty took Lyric swimming.

http://goo.gl/maps/9RyYJ

ETA: Oh my word, I didn't know this! The Bertch Cabinet business is located just south of Meyers Lake in Evansdale!!! Wonder if any of the employees take lunch to the lake? OM! And the relative that lives on the street with a backyard on the lake?

http://goo.gl/maps/6UR4M

Ok, I'm still trying to piece this together (late, I know). I would like to know exactly where the parents were when the children disappeared. I found this clip and I am more confused than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=IyX_WPV1Bao

Anyone who can tell me what the heck the father is saying would be appreciated. What was he doing and where was he? The mother doesn't help much either..

I realize everyone is way ahead of me but I am still processing this and dont get it...so I went back to the beginning and got confused. It is my understanding that everyone has eliminated the parents or they have not been considered or are not allowed to be discussed. So I am asking if anyone knows exactly where both parents were for the hours the girls were missing?

Ok, I'm still trying to piece this together (late, I know). I would like to know exactly where the parents were when the children disappeared. I found this clip and I am more confused than ever.

Anyone who can tell me what the heck the father is saying would be appreciated. What was he doing and where was he? The mother doesn't help much either..

I realize everyone is way ahead of me but I am still processing this and dont get it...so I went back to the beginning and got confused. It is my understanding that everyone has eliminated the parents or they have not been considered or are not allowed to be discussed. So I am asking if anyone knows exactly where both parents were for the hours the girls were missing?
My sound isn't working again, so I can't answer anything about the video, but if I remember correctly:

Misty and Drew were both at work
Heather had an appointment somewhere; I can't remember if they ever said where.
Dan was taking a nap at home. Their son was there, and Dan has no license or car.

My sound isn't working again, so I can't answer anything about the video, but if I remember correctly:

Dan was taking a nap at home. Their son was there, and Dan has no license or car.

TY very much. I guess that is why no family member is under suspicion. I can say that the father of Lyric needs to take a course on answering questions.

Can somebody refresh memory on cousin? Cousin that lyric was with when she got home late. How old? Male? Is there a link to "drug" arrest the cousin may have had? Any info appreciated.

I am way behind too, just started reading. But in the video they discuss the week prior and the girls were at a park and wandered off, or were playing as kids do and mom couldn't find them and called dad. He said call the police and as soon as the police arrived the girls came walking up. So he thought this was the same thing when she called him again that they were missing. Crazy how it sorts of forshadows the next event. Dad was at his mom's house with the son, taking a nap. I wonder if the week prior the perp may have made contact with the girls at that park and told them not to say anything? He may have promised them something and set up a meeting with them and then took them the next time. :waitasec:

Can somebody refresh memory on cousin? Cousin that lyric was with when she got home late. How old? Male? Is there a link to "drug" arrest the cousin may have had? Any info appreciated.

I believe the cousin she came home late from the Greenbrier park with is a year or so older than Lyric, a female. Not the same one who was arrested later.

IIRC, Heather was at a doctor's appointment.

I believe the cousin she came home late from the Greenbrier park with is a year or so older than Lyric, a female. Not the same one who was arrested later.

Thank you.

So the cousin Lyric was awol with in Waterloo was not Aunt TB's 14 year old daughter.

Got it.

I wonder so much about that afternoon in Waterloo. I suspect there is a relation to the later abduction.

TY very much. I guess that is why no family member is under suspicion. I can say that the father of Lyric needs to take a course on answering questions.

Dan was at home ( had access to his gf's SUV) her admission and questioned by FBI

Misty was at home
Heather... dr appt then another appt
Drew was at home (sick) that's why Grandma went to watch the kids
until she and Tammy left.

LE has NOT cleared any of them

Thank you.

So the cousin Lyric was awol with in Waterloo was not Aunt TB's 14 year old daughter.

Got it.

I wonder so much about that afternoon in Waterloo. I suspect there is a relation to the later abduction.

I'm not sure which of TB's daughters she was with that day. But it was not the one (step-daughter of TB) who was later arrested.

Although it has not been officially stated that the bodies found were those of Lyric and Elizabeth, it is clear from the Blackhawk County Sheriff's website that these were the girls. (Not that we had much doubt). I hope there will be press conference today now that the autopsies are complete.

http://www.bhcso.org/

Thank you.

Got it.

The one they arrested was 20 yrs old. I do believe the 14 yr old was with Lyric when she went missing in Waterloo shortly before the Meyer Park incident. IF not correct, someone correct me. Yes, it was K, the 14 yr old. Noted in the video linked above^^^^^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46