1121 users online (225 members and 896 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did the murderer(s) feel comfortable in the Spreckels Mansion?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 90.70%
  • No

    1 2.33%
  • This was not a murder

    3 6.98%

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,943

    Request your opinion. Did the murderer(s) feel comfortable in the mansion?

    Did the murderer(s) feel comfortable in the Spreckels Mansion?
    Thank you for your vote and your thoughts are welcome.

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    Ř My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    Not only do I think the murderer(s) felt comfortable in the house but that concept is the basis of Ann Rule's book. "The last thing most murder victims see is not that of a stranger....." Good thread and thank you.
    All of my posts are simply thought-starters and are not meant to be implications in any way, shape or form.

  3. #3
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by justice be served View Post
    Not only do I think the murderer(s) felt comfortable in the house but that concept is the basis of Ann Rule's book. "The last thing most murder victims see is not that of a stranger....." Good thread and thank you.
    The time that was taken to set up the murder and frame Becky as a suicider would have taken hours. That indicates to me the murderers had intimate knowledge of the architecture -- interior and exterior layouts of the Spreckels of the rooms, balconies, railings, etc. -- where the "perfect" balcony overlooking the courtyard was to hang Becky, which side of the bedroom door to paint so that the painted words are first seen upon arrival to murder room, where to find both Jonah and Becky's computers so as to lay them as set-ups in the murder room, where to find two knives, two paintbrushes that belong to the house, etc. The murderers even know to plant ASIAN anime porn, ASIAN lesbian porn, and ASIAN "The Housemaid" video. If Becky committed suicide and wanted to point it towards murder committed by others, why would she plant ASIAN items indicating herself? So no, this is another reason I do not believe Becky killed herself.

    The way I see it, it is most evident who the murderers are -- person(s) who have lived in the Spreckels mansion with Jonah and who have most to gain by Becky's death -- people who hated Becky with a passion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    6,064
    And I would add, not just comfortable in the main house/ mansion-- but comfortable on the entire grounds of the Jonah Shacknai/ Spreckles property.

    AND-- comfortable on Coronado Island, and in the community. Quite comfortable, and quite familiar with all of the surroundings, both day and night.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    And I would add, not just comfortable in the main house/ mansion-- but comfortable on the entire grounds of the Jonah Shacknai/ Spreckles property.

    AND-- comfortable on Coronado Island, and in the community. Quite comfortable, and quite familiar with all of the surroundings, both day and night.
    What K_Z said.
    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859

    Pictures of the Renovated Spreckels

    I just posted a few pics of the renovated Spreckels........
    Last edited by Inparadise; 12-11-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Correct typo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    I just posted a few pics of the renovated Spreckels........
    Here or in another thread? Need any help?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Here or in another thread? Need any help?
    In the "Pictures Only".......

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,899
    Thanks for posting the photos. It looks as though they've walled and gated the front yard. Makes the house look smaller and closer to the street.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Thanks for posting the photos. It looks as though they've walled and gated the front yard. Makes the house look smaller and closer to the street.
    My pleasure. The driveway is also gated..........what I found curious is the height of the chandelier........very low hanging like the one before, and it doesn't appear as though the bannister was changed.

    Just an after thought: could the kids have been using the scooter to "hook" the chandelier chain from the mid-point landing in order to swing from it? This might also explain the plant ending up where it was "lodged" in between the railing.
    Last edited by Inparadise; 12-11-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Addition


  11. #11
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    My pleasure. The driveway is also gated..........what I found curious is the height of the chandelier........very low hanging like the one before, and it doesn't appear as though the bannister was changed.

    Just an after thought: could the kids have been using the scooter to "hook" the chandelier chain from the mid-point landing in order to swing from it? This might also explain the plant ending up where it was "lodged" in between the railing.
    Thanks for posting the pics IP! I know we were discussing your doing so awhile back but alas, they're posted. I would like to comment on the pics, but it is difficult since they're on the "Post only, no discussion" thread. Is it possible to post them here on this thread too?

    If not, here goes.

    I see gates have been constructed to block the public's view somewhat from the Spreckels mansion. Why was the front door open when you took the pics? Were they allowing possible buyers in to check out home or moving equipment, etc.?

    Does the last pic depict the garage and the ironwrought black gate that Nina said she peered over or through? Did you get a pic of the balcony where Becky was supposedly hanging?

    Interesting about the similar chandelier and the same balcony railing to the one that was hanging when Max had his accident. You'd think Jonah would have had the railing reconstructed to a higher one to prevent accidental falls, in the aftermath.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics IP! I know we were discussing your doing so awhile back but alas, they're posted. I would like to comment on the pics, but it is difficult since they're on the "Post only, no discussion" thread. Is it possible to post them here on this thread too?

    If not, here goes.

    I see gates have been constructed to block the public's view somewhat from the Spreckels mansion. Why was the front door open when you took the pics? Were they allowing possible buyers in to check out home or moving equipment, etc.?

    Does the last pic depict the garage and the ironwrought black gate that Nina said she peered over or through? Did you get a pic of the balcony where Becky was supposedly hanging?

    Interesting about the similar chandelier and the same balcony railing to the one that was hanging when Max had his accident. You'd think Jonah would have had the railing reconstructed to a higher one to prevent accidental falls, in the aftermath.
    The front door was open (and some windows) because there were workmen in and out of the house/garage. It has been this way from when the remodeling work began. I think the gates to the property (front walk-way and the driveway) are there for 2 reasons: 1. to keep out tresspassers, and 2. it is a very Paradise Valley look, as are the 6 palm trees lining the walkway to the front door. Both of these gates are new, and not the gate that Nina said that she peered through (but didn't touch). That gate is at the end of the drive, on the right side, just before you reach the garage. Unfortunately, because the balcony that Rebecca supposedly hung from is located in the interior of the court yard, I was not able to get a picture.

    And lastly, the house was never sold, and has been officially off the market for several months. IMO, it never really was for sale........1043 Ocean LLC was just a front in an attempt to get the public to think that Jonah wouldn't be returning to Coronado. And now that the Valeant/Medicis deal closed yesterday, Jonah is no longer the CEO and received about a $7m bonus, so I expect that he will be spending a lot more time in Coronado.
    Last edited by Inparadise; 12-12-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Addition

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    <Respectfully snipped for brevity> And now that the Valeant/Medicis deal closed yesterday, Jonah is no longer the CEO and received about a $7m bonus, so I expect that he will be spending a lot more time in Coronado.
    Jonah got quite a "golden parachute"

    According to Medicis’ proxy statement issued in April, if there is a change in control of Medicis and Shacknai does not stay with the new controlling company, he will receive salary and bonus totaling $6.7 million, as well as health benefits for the rest of his life, administrative support and other equity awards totaling $30.7 million.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...plete-26b.html

    Wonder what he'll do next? I can't imagine he's ready to retire.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Jonah got quite a "golden parachute"



    http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...plete-26b.html

    Wonder what he'll do next? I can't imagine he's ready to retire.
    Maybe start another family?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    472
    Or some personal matters to attend to, as was Tweeted a few weeks ago from within the Pharma due diligence community. $VRX $MRX

    (To prepare to defend himself in a civil lawsuit perhaps?)
    Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. -- Agatha Christie


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Spelling Mansion for Sale
    By Floh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 10:13 AM
  2. Australia - Judge denies murderer's request to wear makeup in prison
    By Casshew in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 07:45 PM

Tags for this Thread