Request your opinion. Did the murderer(s) feel comfortable in the mansion?

Did the murderer(s) feel comfortable in the Spreckels Mansion?

• Yes

Votes: 39 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • This was not a murder

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do I think the murderer(s) felt comfortable in the house but that concept is the basis of Ann Rule's book. "The last thing most murder victims see is not that of a stranger....." Good thread and thank you.

Not only do I think the murderer(s) felt comfortable in the house but that concept is the basis of Ann Rule's book. "The last thing most murder victims see is not that of a stranger....." Good thread and thank you.

The time that was taken to set up the murder and frame Becky as a suicider would have taken hours. That indicates to me the murderers had intimate knowledge of the architecture -- interior and exterior layouts of the Spreckels of the rooms, balconies, railings, etc. -- where the "perfect" balcony overlooking the courtyard was to hang Becky, which side of the bedroom door to paint so that the painted words are first seen upon arrival to murder room, where to find both Jonah and Becky's computers so as to lay them as set-ups in the murder room, where to find two knives, two paintbrushes that belong to the house, etc. The murderers even know to plant ASIAN anime *advertiser censored*, ASIAN lesbian *advertiser censored*, and ASIAN "The Housemaid" video. If Becky committed suicide and wanted to point it towards murder committed by others, why would she plant ASIAN items indicating herself? So no, this is another reason I do not believe Becky killed herself.

The way I see it, it is most evident who the murderers are -- person(s) who have lived in the Spreckels mansion with Jonah and who have most to gain by Becky's death -- people who hated Becky with a passion.

And I would add, not just comfortable in the main house/ mansion-- but comfortable on the entire grounds of the Jonah Shacknai/ Spreckles property.

AND-- comfortable on Coronado Island, and in the community. Quite comfortable, and quite familiar with all of the surroundings, both day and night.

And I would add, not just comfortable in the main house/ mansion-- but comfortable on the entire grounds of the Jonah Shacknai/ Spreckles property.

AND-- comfortable on Coronado Island, and in the community. Quite comfortable, and quite familiar with all of the surroundings, both day and night.
What K_Z said.

I just posted a few pics of the renovated Spreckels........

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks as though they've walled and gated the front yard. Makes the house look smaller and closer to the street.

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks as though they've walled and gated the front yard. Makes the house look smaller and closer to the street.

My pleasure. The driveway is also gated..........what I found curious is the height of the chandelier........very low hanging like the one before, and it doesn't appear as though the bannister was changed.

Just an after thought: could the kids have been using the scooter to "hook" the chandelier chain from the mid-point landing in order to swing from it? This might also explain the plant ending up where it was "lodged" in between the railing.

My pleasure. The driveway is also gated..........what I found curious is the height of the chandelier........very low hanging like the one before, and it doesn't appear as though the bannister was changed.

Just an after thought: could the kids have been using the scooter to "hook" the chandelier chain from the mid-point landing in order to swing from it? This might also explain the plant ending up where it was "lodged" in between the railing.

Thanks for posting the pics IP! I know we were discussing your doing so awhile back but alas, they're posted. I would like to comment on the pics, but it is difficult since they're on the "Post only, no discussion" thread. Is it possible to post them here on this thread too?

If not, here goes.

I see gates have been constructed to block the public's view somewhat from the Spreckels mansion. Why was the front door open when you took the pics? Were they allowing possible buyers in to check out home or moving equipment, etc.?

Does the last pic depict the garage and the ironwrought black gate that Nina said she peered over or through? Did you get a pic of the balcony where Becky was supposedly hanging?

Interesting about the similar chandelier and the same balcony railing to the one that was hanging when Max had his accident. You'd think Jonah would have had the railing reconstructed to a higher one to prevent accidental falls, in the aftermath.

Thanks for posting the pics IP! I know we were discussing your doing so awhile back but alas, they're posted. I would like to comment on the pics, but it is difficult since they're on the "Post only, no discussion" thread. Is it possible to post them here on this thread too?

If not, here goes.

I see gates have been constructed to block the public's view somewhat from the Spreckels mansion. Why was the front door open when you took the pics? Were they allowing possible buyers in to check out home or moving equipment, etc.?

Does the last pic depict the garage and the ironwrought black gate that Nina said she peered over or through? Did you get a pic of the balcony where Becky was supposedly hanging?

Interesting about the similar chandelier and the same balcony railing to the one that was hanging when Max had his accident. You'd think Jonah would have had the railing reconstructed to a higher one to prevent accidental falls, in the aftermath.

The front door was open (and some windows) because there were workmen in and out of the house/garage. It has been this way from when the remodeling work began. I think the gates to the property (front walk-way and the driveway) are there for 2 reasons: 1. to keep out tresspassers, and 2. it is a very Paradise Valley look, as are the 6 palm trees lining the walkway to the front door. Both of these gates are new, and not the gate that Nina said that she peered through (but didn't touch). That gate is at the end of the drive, on the right side, just before you reach the garage. Unfortunately, because the balcony that Rebecca supposedly hung from is located in the interior of the court yard, I was not able to get a picture.

And lastly, the house was never sold, and has been officially off the market for several months. IMO, it never really was for sale........1043 Ocean LLC was just a front in an attempt to get the public to think that Jonah wouldn't be returning to Coronado. And now that the Valeant/Medicis deal closed yesterday, Jonah is no longer the CEO and received about a $7m bonus, so I expect that he will be spending a lot more time in Coronado.

<Respectfully snipped for brevity> And now that the Valeant/Medicis deal closed yesterday, Jonah is no longer the CEO and received about a $7m bonus, so I expect that he will be spending a lot more time in Coronado.

Jonah got quite a "golden parachute"

According to Medicis’ proxy statement issued in April, if there is a change in control of Medicis and Shacknai does not stay with the new controlling company, he will receive salary and bonus totaling $6.7 million, as well as health benefits for the rest of his life, administrative support and other equity awards totaling $30.7 million.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/12/11/valeant-medicis-complete-26b.html

Wonder what he'll do next? I can't imagine he's ready to retire.

Or some personal matters to attend to, as was Tweeted a few weeks ago from within the Pharma due diligence community. $VRX $MRX

(To prepare to defend himself in a civil lawsuit perhaps?)

Or some personal matters to attend to, as was Tweeted a few weeks ago from within the Pharma due diligence community. $VRX $MRX

(To prepare to defend himself in a civil lawsuit perhaps?)

Which might explain him being in Coronado more..........

Maybe start another family?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one bit. Rumors have stated he has been seen with very beautiful young women. Other rumors have it Jonah is quite serious about one. I think being a father has been the greatest joy to Jonah. With G and E close to college age, I'll bet Jonah has seriously considered starting anew with a stunning young wife and baby.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one bit. Rumors have stated he has been seen with very beautiful young women. Other rumors have it Jonah is quite serious about one. I think being a father has been the greatest joy to Jonah. With G and E close to college age, I'll bet Jonah has seriously considered starting anew with a stunning young wife and baby.

I agree. I don't fault Jonah for starting a new family after the tragedies.

I agree. I don't fault Jonah for starting a new family after the tragedies.

I think it's great if he found a new partner, but he's too old to be a new dad (my opinion)... and, they've found autism has some link to older fathers.

Older men are more likely than young ones to father a child who develops autism or schizophrenia, because of random mutations that become more numerous with advancing paternal age, scientists reported on Wednesday, in the first study to quantify the effect as it builds each year. The age of mothers had no bearing on the risk for these disorders, the study found.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/h...to-risk-of-autism-and-schizophrenia.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling