Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

<modsnip> The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

bringing this over from last thread.

Article 11/23/12

A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off.

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...ld-have-called'

article 11/26/12

In an interview with ABC News Radio late Monday, Elaine Redwine said she’s afraid her ex-husband may have had something to do with their son’s disappearance.

Contacted Monday at his home, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...ation-mounting

Article 11/27/12

When approached at his home in Vallecito, Mark Redwine answered the door clutching a pillow. He declined to be interviewed, saying he had been “bombarded” by media requests.

He said he didn’t have a lot of support at the moment and had family coming in to help him figure out how to respond to the situation. Mark Redwine said he expected his brother to arrive Tuesday night in Vallecito.

In response to questions about Elaine Redwine’s recent comments intimating that her ex-husband might be involved in Dylan’s disappearance, Mark Redwine said, “I don’t want to lash out at my ex-wife.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...-changes-focus

I do not understand why Mark would not talk to the media. Finally on 11/26 after Elaine voiced her concerns, he doesn't really want to talk but says a few words.

And then he shows up late to the vigil. But yes, he did show up and speak.

Why wasn't he begging for information from day 1? I will never, never understand his lack of response. Heck, he could have written a note for the reporters. I guess he was letting Ms. Hess speak for him.

Will there ever be more leniency about discussing anyone other than the father being involved? It's hard to discuss some of the scenarios that seem more likely to me if we can't discuss any of the participants. If not, I'll just keep trying to come up with others. TIA

ETA: I know there will be if anyone is named as a suspect or POI, but that's not what I mean.

Is there a link to the Marc Klass interview?
Tia

Will there ever be more leniency about discussing anyone other than the father being involved? It's hard to discuss some of the scenarios that seem more likely to me if we can't discuss any of the participants. If not, I'll just keep trying to come up with others. TIA

ETA: I know there will be if anyone is named as a suspect or POI, but that's not what I mean.

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Not necessaily
They did say no one has been ruled out tho.

They wont accuse someone till they have the evidence they need. How many cases have we seen here and on ID where there were no suspects and no poi's
ad bam LE comes out an arrests the very person they kept saying was not a suspect. They do it all the time.

I think they should add "At this time" to that sentence.

I was in the process of replying to this, so I brought it over here. I agree with this, but there are also cases such as Ayla Reynolds or Lisa Irwin where LE has made it abundantly clear that they suspect a parent, but don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

I'm beginning to fear that LE just doesn't know what happened and I believe an article last week quoted an investigator as saying that the trail had gone cold. I hope I'm wrong.
jmo

Talking about resorts/cabins in the area. IF Dylan attempted to walk, he would have passed by:

Blue Spruce RV Park & Cabins (.5 miles from MR house)
1875 County Road 500
Bayfield, CO 81122
(970) 884-2641
bluesprucervpark.com

From their website: Stay with us at the Blue Spruce RV Park & Cabins, just up the road from the lake and a world away from the busy pace of city life. Stay connected if you so choose (Local Cell Tower, Satellite TV, and free WiFi available).

And later possibly Wit's End Guest House & Resort (1.6 mi from MR's house)

254 County Road 500
Durango, CO 81122
(970) 884-3261
witsendranch.com&#8206;

Those are 2 that show up on the map close by.

With resorts in the area why didn't LE put out a Presser. For anyone working or staying there :banghead:

With resorts in the area why didn't LE put out a Presser. For anyone working or staying there :banghead:

They had said at the beginning that they wouldn't reveal anything, but I never expected them to mean it so literally. You would think at least one press conference a month would be done.

They had said at the beginning that they wouldn't reveal anything, but I never expected them to mean it so literally. You would think at least one press conference a month would be done.

Agree. They wouldn't have to reveal anything we dont know by merely showing his picture and asking anyone who may have seen Dylan to call.

I bet there will not be any press conferences until "THE" press conference (now when the "THE" press conference happens is anyone's guess)

I have an awful feeling that this case is now stalling out. I don't think they have any evidence to lead them in any way in particular and they are stuck. JMO

The father was the last one to see Dylan. We don't even have any neighbors saying they saw dad and Dylan arrive home from the airport. We don't even have LE telling us that the tracking dogs picked up Dylan's scent at his dad's house. All we have is a picture of Dylan getting off the plane and a picture of him entering or exiting Walmart.

If Dylan was abducted, LE is not releasing any information.

So, the only thing I could do would be to speculate and make up possible scenerios as to how someone came to the house and took him and most of his belongings...or he was walking down the road with most of his stuff and his fishing pole and someone abducted him, which mean he could be anywhere.

Until LE gives me more information, I have a hard time taking my eyes off dad.

This is an open forum and I love reading your post, so post away!!

And thank you so much for all your work on the timeline and quotes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76