Does your underwear show?

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4174793/detail.html

Underwear Police? Virginians May Be Fined For Low-Cut Pants

RICHMOND, Va. -- A Norfolk, Va., legislator says the droopy-drawers bill may be his legacy.

The Virginia House of Delegates has tentatively approved a bill to crack down on people who wear low-riding pants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion: Fined For Low-Cut Pants?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freshman Norfolk Delegate Algie Howell Jr. introduced the bill at the urging of constituents who are offended by the exposed underwear.

Howell said, "That's why they're called undergarments. They're supposed to be worn under something else."

Delegates approved a measure that would allow police to assess a $50 fine on anyone who exposes their below-waist underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

AS John Stossel can say "GIVE ME A BREAK"

I posted this earlier today.
Easy way to avoid breaking the law is to just not wear any underwear ...
:woohoo:
Do you think they'll ban cleavage next? :razz:

golfmom said:

Butt cleavage or bust cleavage? LOL :crazy: :crazy:

They tried doing this in Louisiana recently, and it gained us nothing but ridicule from the rest of the nation. Of course, here in Louisiana, we had to tack on exceptions like "except when it's part of a uniform" thereby exempting plumbers and strippers.....

I saw a young man walking down the street the other day and the way he had to walk to hold his britches up was so stupid looking that it was unbelievable that the poor guy thought he looked cool. But he thought he did, you could just see the pride on his face!

golfmom said:

sorry golfmom, I hadn't read all of the posts when I posted this. I was just so amazed that this was happening that I had to make sure it got posted. It reminds me of what the 70's was like with all of the complaints about what young people were wearing and what their hair was like. I guess some things never change.

I work in Richmond and haven't noticed a lot of cracks. I have noticed some people are really proud of their drawers though, enough to want them to show. It's funny, but it's just a fad. Make a stink about it and the kids will want to continue doing it, or do something worse.

I did see one guy lose his britches one time. It was a riot watching him jerk them back up to where they belonged--right at his knees. ;)

When you consider some of these underwear cost just as much as an entire weeks worth of groceries I imagine I'd be showing them off too (If I had the body for it);)

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4187163/detail.html

RICHMOND, Va. -- With some Virginia lawmakers saying the Legislature should have higher priorities, a droopy-pants bill has been dropped.........................................Senate members say the bill has been a distraction and an embarrassment.

The committee hearing drew a standing-room-only crowd that included about 75 high school government students.

Who needs a law? My husband has informed my daughter that if any boy shows up to take her out with his pants hanging down below his butt, hubby will bring out the nail gun and tack them up around his waist where they're supposed to be.

Hopefully, when my daughter turns 35 and is old enough to date, this fad will be over.

Mabel said:
Hopefully, when my daughter turns 35 and is old enough to date, this fad will be over.

I hope my daughter doesn't get to see this!!! She'll be completely jealous. We're not letting her date until she's 40! :cool:

If I may pass on a suggestion I recieved: When your daughter is going to be in the company of a male- pat her down liberally with talcum powder. Then when you find talcum powder on the animal you can take appropriate action.

That's a great suggestion. I also recommend the trick my former boss used whenever a boy would pick his daughter up for a date. He'd sit on the porch cleaning his gun and giving the boy the evil eye.

Mabel said:
That's a great suggestion. I also recommend the trick my former boss used whenever a boy would pick his daughter up for a date. He'd sit on the porch cleaning his gun and giving the boy the evil eye.

That sounds like my dad!

My son and I are black belts in karate. We plan to be outside breaking boards when a boy shows up to take out his younger sister. Of course, she's a karate student, too. So she'll be able to break the guy's arm herself--if she needs to. :)

Re: the underwear thing. I go into prison (in Texas) as a dorm pastor every week. Believe it or not, the younger inmates (who wear white elastic waistband trousers and white boxer shorts) will be walking around the pod with their pants halfway down their rears there too!

All I can say is that I'm glad that this wasn't in style when I was a teenager. Back then it was gaudy bellbottoms, long hair, and platform shoes. (Hmmmm. Maybe the underwear thing isn't so bad after all!)

Jim

Is anyone besides me tempted to give those guys showing there underware a big snuggy up to their ears?

tybee204 said:
Is anyone besides me tempted to give those guys showing there underware a big snuggy up to their ears?

no, actually I am not tempted to do that. My thoughts run more toward pulling them the rest of the way down.

Our last school dealt with the droopy drawers syndrome by keeping clothes line in the office. They made it as embarassing as all get out by making the kid tuck the shirt in and hiking the pants high up and securing them with the rope.

They also would find horrible looking shirts for the girls to put on if their belly-buttons showed.

:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back