950 users online (132 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    But the family of the slain driver believes justice must be done.

"It was an accident. He didn't purposely do that,' Janie Tellez told KTRK. "Whoever did it is getting away with murdering my nephew. He deserves justice."
    From above link

Drunk driving is not an accident. He didn't accidentally pour himself drinks and accidentally drink them. He made a conscious decision to drink and then put himself behind the wheel of a car.
    I hope the father gets a compassionate judge and jury and they let him go with a reduced sentence. He has suffered enough. I am sure even prison isn't as bad as living without his sons.
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Reminds me of John Grisham's A Time To Kill.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

"But the family of the slain driver believes justice must be done."

Justice was SERVED! I really hope the father chooses temporary insanity and wins. I can't stand irresponsible drunks.

I don't think this was justice. But I understand the man's reaction. I don't think it was right and he should stand trial for manslaughter but I don't know how a jury would convict him of anything that will give him any worse sentence than he has now.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Completely inexcusable. While I feel for the man, it is not acceptable in this country to enact vigilante justice like this. I feel for the family of the slain driver, as well as the shooter's family - he's now putting them through extra heartache, having to deal with the consequences of his impulsive, thoughtless actions.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Okay, I just read the article, it said that the boys were pushing a disabled vehicle at night. Was it dark? Did they even have the lights on? There's just not enough info to even judge if alcohol even played a roll.

Justice hasn't yet been achieved. Death isn't an appropriate punishment for vehicular manslaughter, even when alcohol is involved. And now the victims' family is further anguished at the potential imprisonment of the father/husband. Which he should be imprisoned. Sober, conscience choice to kill a person is at least as bad, or perhaps worse than the impaired judgment of someone who is driving drunk. Let the justice system do its job.

I looked up some more articles on this case because I wanted to know more. As a first responder who has seen the damage done by drunk drivers, I would have a hard time convicting the father of any crime.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ning-over-kids

This link has pics
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2KgMxximA
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    Completely inexcusable. While I feel for the man, it is not acceptable in this country to enact vigilante justice like this. I feel for the family of the slain driver, as well as the shooter's family - he's now putting them through extra heartache, having to deal with the consequences of his impulsive, thoughtless actions.
    Thank you! I was growing increasing alarmed by the overwhelming support this father was getting! He KILLED someone, in cold blood. At least the other driver had the excuse of being drunk for his actions.

This is what happens when everyone and their brother has a gun or two in their waistband/purse/glove compartment/under the seat, etc.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Thank you! I was growing increasing alarmed by the overwhelming support this father was getting! He KILLED someone, in cold blood. At least the other driver had the excuse of being drunk for his actions.

This is what happens when everyone and their brother has a gun or two in their waistband/purse/glove compartment/under the seat, etc.

No excuses for the drunk driver!He drank in excess that was his own doing.He in essence murdered 2 children by auto because he made the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel. I have 0 sympathy for him,IMO He murdered with his auto if not for his actions the father never would have done what he did!I do not see it as cold blood,his kids where killed in front of him ,I would think he was in severe shock when he reacted!Me I would have just strangled him with my bare hands if it were my children!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyslims View Post
    "But the family of the slain driver believes justice must be done."

Justice was SERVED! I really hope the father chooses temporary insanity and wins. I can't stand irresponsible drunks.
    I agree! I wonder how drivers family would feel if it was their loved one murdered by a drunk driver!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    No excuses for the drunk driver!He drank in excess that was his own doing.He in essence murdered 2 children by auto because he made the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel. I have 0 sympathy for him,IMO He murdered with his auto if not for his actions the father never would have done what he did!I do not see it as cold blood,his kids where killed in front of him ,I would think he was in severe shock when he reacted!Me I would have just strangled him with my bare hands if it were my children!
    I totally agree with this post!
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post

BBM, NO NO NO!!! I disagree. Drinking & driving is not excusable.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I don't believe in vigilante justice. For one, it sends the message that it's okay to take the law into your own hands - which for some will mean a less severe situation (such as a response to road rage or someone hitting someone else, etc).

The sad thing is - this family hasn't just lost two boys now, but also a father/husband.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I don't believe in vigilante justice. For one, it sends the message that it's okay to take the law into your own hands - which for some will mean a less severe situation (such as a response to road rage or someone hitting someone else, etc).

The sad thing is - this family hasn't just lost two boys now, but also a father/husband.
    But he may have just snapped.

I can't see how he would be in his right mind after witnessing his children being killed.

I think this will come down to temporary insanity.

It's not like he went after the guy six months after the "accident". It happened moments after.
    Although I don't see it as an accident since the driver was impaired.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    I was not making excuses for the drunk driver. But neither will I give the dad a "get out of jail free card" for his actions.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast