688 users online (90 members and 598 guests)  

Websleuths News

North GA

SC/GA - DONALD HENRY GASKINS, late '60s - Nov 1975

Today I saw the end of show on ID about Henry Donald Gaskins who has been dubbed "the meanest man in America." As usual on the ID channel, it will probably be on again. Apparently, it didn't matter to him whom he killed, man, woman or child or even how he did it. He was executed in September of 1991.

It is possible that we may also have a thread under Books, but since he is a serial killer, I wanted to include him in this thread.

Here is a snip from Wiki on an entry about his life and crimes.

While on death row, Gaskins told his life story to a journalist named Wilton Earle, confessing to having committed between 100 and 110 murders,[13] one of them being that of Margaret "Peg" Cuttino, the 12 year old daughter of then SC state senator James Cuttino, Jr. of Sumter, SC. However, law enforcement sources found it impossible to verify all of his claims. In his autobiography, Final Truth, Gaskins wrote that he had "a special mind" that gave him "permission to kill."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Henry_Gaskins"]Donald Henry Gaskins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yep, he was a bad one. I've got the book somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that all the facts he gave about the Cuttino murder had been published somewhere, so he may have simply been lying to LE.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

He was a greasey little dude...

I wasn't much older than Peg at the time BUT he was also a legend in his own mind. He was executed for killing the guy in prison. Peg's murder was different story tho as I learned when growing older. Sad. MOO