GUILTY TX - Brent Bartel for child abuse, Richland Hills, 2012

CarmelEyesD

Reaction score
RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man carved a pentagram into his 6-year-old son's back Wednesday, telling a 911 dispatcher that he did it because "it's a holy day," Richland Hills police said.

Brent Troy Bartel was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and was jailed in lieu of $500,000 bond, said Richland Hills police Sgt. Nathan Stringer. He did not yet have an attorney, Stringer said.

Bartel called 911 early Wednesday morning, and in a matter-of-fact tone, said, "I shed some innocent blood," according to a copy of the recording released by police. After the dispatcher said, "I'm sorry?" he repeated those words, then said he inscribed a pentagram on his son. When the dispatcher asked why, Bartel said "because it's a holy day" before hanging up.

http://www.kltv.com/story/20328359/texas-man-accused-of-carving-pentagram-into-son

He's obviously either mentally ill, or on drugs.

Oh, that poor child. I hope he's not left with scars. And if he is, I'd really hope some medical professionals would volunteer their expertise to remove them.

I hope he goes to prison and gets his very own tattoo that says I abused my 6 year old child by carving a pentagram on his back and I'm a fool. Then gets caught and does more time for getting a tattoo in prison.

Police arrested Bartel early Wednesday at the house in the older, middle-class neighborhood. Officers found the 6-year-old boy -- described by a neighbor as a "cute little booger" -- wearing pajama pants without a shirt.

The mother had fled to a neighboring home to get help.

"There was a large pentagram carved into his back which covered the majority of his back," Richland Hills police Sgt. Nathan Stringer said in a news release. "The child was .. shivering in the cold so officers wrapped him in a jacket."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 12-year-old boy who goes by the house every day as he walks home from school said he heard shouting in the house about three weeks ago.

"I heard the mom yell 'leave him alone, he's just a little boy,' " said the 12-year-old boy, who the Star-Telegram is not identifying. "The man was yelling and the boy was crying."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bartel has also been in trouble before outside of Texas.

In 2007, after being found guilty for a turning violation in Lancaster County, Pa., Bartel walked across the courtroom toward Judge Dennis Reinaker and put down his driver's license on the bench, according to an article in the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era.

"I officially resign as a truck driver," Bartel said, according to the newspaper, "and now I'm about to have a little fun."

Bartel was told to step away from the judge and he then walked toward the police officer who had given him the ticket and attempted to punch him.

Bartel was wrestled to the floor by several law enforcement officers and struggled violently before being handcuffed, according to the newspaper.

"It was unbelievable," Reinaker said.

His mother said her son, who worked as a long-haul trucker, was frustrated by a judicial system he judged unfair and that he served six months in jail for his actions.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/1...sed.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

You guys have to read this article. There's something seriously wrong with this guy.

Good Grief!!! From another article-

RICHLAND HILLS -- The father and son were alone in the house when police arrived, a freshly carved pentagram covering the boy's back.

Blood, apparently from the child's wounds, had been smeared on the sides and the top of the home's door frame -- similar to biblical accounts of Passover.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/1...ram.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

I can't wait to hear how dads attorneys will explain this in court! He'll be impossible to defend.

February 2014:

Declared incompetent for trial.

Prosecutors in Tarrant County on Thursday announced Brent Troy Bartel has been committed to a state mental health facility for at least a year.

Authorities say Bartel in December 2012 called 911, made religious comments and said he etched a pentagram on his son. Investigators believe the father used a box cutter to wound the boy.

The district attorney’s office says doctors last year told a judge that Bartel was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...in-son-s-back-ruled-incompetent-for-trial.ece

Also February 2014:

Doctors have diagnosed Bartel as paranoid schizophrenic, and a judge has ordered him to spend at least one year in treatment at Kerrville State Hospital.

According to the Star-Telegram, Bartel has been found incompetent by doctors twice previously since his arrest.

The Star-Telegram reports that Bartel made several bizarre statements to doctors as he was evaluated this month, and was unable to speak about his case without incorporating religious ideas and delusions.

'There’s a lot of spiritual warefare going on'; 'I was hearing voices coming through the television, back when I was on block 56'; 'When I leave here, I’ll fast and eat only rabbit pellets for 40 days'; 'Devil makes sounds that don’t bounce'; 'Got a hernia due to my computer'; and 'Electromagnetic pulse can detonate people' are some of the remarks he made to doctors...

Bartel called 911 shortly after midnight to report the incident, The Dallas Morning Star reported.

'I shed some innocent blood,' he calmly told the emergency services. 'I inscribed a pentagram on my son.'

[He said] he had done it because ‘it's a holy day.’ The date was 12-12-12, a once-in-a-century event without any discernible religious meaning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ompetent-trial-sent-mental-hospital-year.html

When Richland Hills police arrived, they found blood, apparently from the child’s wounds, smeared on the sides and the top of the home’s door frame. Bartel was arrested and his son was rushed to a hospital...

Upon his arrival there, Bartel refused to take psychoactive medications as prescribed until a court order was obtained...

His mother, in a telephone interview from Portland, Ore., that month, said her son had no history of mental illness but had recently been under tremendous stress.

“Brent is not a demon,” Lori Ponce said. “He is loving. He loves that boy. Something happened. Don’t paint him as some crazy man. No, that’s not him.”

His stepfather said Bartel had been searching for his spirituality.

“He is deep into the Old Testament,” John Ponce said in the phone interview.

“There’s a possibility with all of this pain and marital strife and such, he may have resorted to Old Testament references and then convoluted them. If you know about the Old Testament, there’s the Passover marks on the door frame done with a sacrificial lamb, definitely not sacrificial children.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3847731.html

A Richland Hills man was sentenced Friday to 11 years in prison for carving a pentagram on his son’s back because he believed his wife was cheating on him.

Brent Bartel, 42, was convicted Thursday of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on a family member and injury to a child. A jury gave him an 11-year sentence and a 10-year sentence. The sentences will run concurrently, reported NBC 5 (KXAS-TV).

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...f-carving-pentagram-on-6-year-olds-back.html/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back