Identified! WV - Charles Town, WhtMale 45-70, UP10480, rod/screws in femur, in camper, tattoo/wallet/ID, May'11 - namus removed

DippyBlonder

Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10480

ME/C Case Number: 11-2050
Jefferson County, West Virginia
45 to 70 year old White Male

Date found May 21, 2011
Estimated postmortem interval 1 Months

Found by land owner in the living room/kitchen area of a camper, wallet, ID, no records.
246 C John Whister Rd
Charles Town
Jefferson
West Virginia

Weight (pounds) 134, Estimated
Height (inches) 69, Measured
Hair: Brown/Gray 10" in length, Gray Beard Hair

4" scar right side of lower abdomen (appendix removed).
Unprofessional heart shaped tattoo on right upper arm.
Metal rod and screws in Right femur.

Michael Dale Mclaughlin

mclaughlin_michael_dale.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8682/0/
http://www.nampn.org/cases/mclaughlin_michael.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mclaughlin_michael_dale.html

Missing Since: December 25, 2009 from Bristol, Virginia
Date Of Birth: September 26, 1964
Height: 5'5" (1 inch out)
Weight: 130 lbs. (match)
Hair Color: Blond (UID is brown/grey)
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White (match)
Distinguishing Characteristics: He has numerous scars on abdomen from surgeries. Has a metal rod in his right leg. Has a tattoo on upper right arm that says Bub which is his nickname (I wonder if in Decomposing/putrefaction "Bub" looks like a heart?)

McLaughlin is thought to have left his girlfriend's home on Christmas day after an argument. It has been reported that he was last seen walking down Wagner's Road near Malcolm's Meat in Bristol, VA. He has not been seen or heard from since and these details regarding his disappearance haven't been confirmed.

A few inconsistances but it's too close to ignore. I've submitted.

NOT Michael Dale Mclaughlin

and Walters went missing 15 years too early.

The weight wouldn't worry me but it's a huge difference in height and hair length.

wow, i really thought you had something there with so many matches!

thoughts:
-so the man who owns the land found a camper with a dead guy on his property? they never interacted prior to JD's death? he didnt allow him to set up camp and then went buy to grab rent or something?

-what kind of injuries require a metal rod to be put in someones leg? could he be former military?

-was the camper one of those pop-up trailers that you tow with a truck? was it more like a small RV?

Yeah, but he's still within the age range, if he had been transient for all those years (50+15=65). I don't know whether that's likely but I can't see anything to rule it out.

I'm trying to figure out what the circumstances are supposed to mean. a camper as in a vehicle or a camper that can be pulled by another vehicle? how did it get there? I would think in most states if something can be operated on the public roads then it must be registered.

I'm also trying to figure out what " wallet, ID, no records" means. he had a wallet and ID but they did not match anything as if they are all fake?

assuming he was a squatter, do you think they bothered to fingerprint the joint?

I'm trying to figure out what the circumstances are supposed to mean. a camper as in a vehicle or a camper that can be pulled by another vehicle? how did it get there? I would think in most states if something can be operated on the public roads then it must be registered.

I'm also trying to figure out what " wallet, ID, no records" means. he had a wallet and ID but they did not match anything as if they are all fake?

assuming he was a squatter, do you think they bothered to fingerprint the joint?

I might be reading too much into it, but it sounds like he had a name he was using, but the name wasn't his real identity. So maybe the vehicle if any was registered, but to the alias name, so it didn't tell them anything useful.

Namus Ruleouts as of 18 April 2015
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10480

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

James Bradford 1942 Arizona
James Johansen 1955 West Virginia
Samuel Riser 1949 West Virginia

I don't think they should of ruled my brother out or how they did..You know there has to be photo's of the body taken by the coroner. I'd really like to see those. No one has ever contacted me about this. I ran across this article doing my searching.. I just need to contact the police in Jefferson county on Monday.. what puzzles me is the small tatoo. "Bub" could make a small heart shape decomposed..

So was the conclusion it was not Michael dale mclaughlin. I would like to see a photo cause I could tell whether is was him..I still believe it may be him because I don't think the information on NamUs is not complet like his DNA and dental records.. he also had a black times watch..

Has there been anymore information about the body found in the camper? I was just wondering about this for years. I can't seem to find any. They say it's not my brother , but I believe NamUs has a lot of information wrong including the day he went missing, such was Christmas Day not Dec1st..

Sorry if I'm a little slow here. McLaughlin is your brother?
Yes he is. This just seems so strange, I cannot seem to find anything about this case. I know it's been along time ago but his identity is all I'm concerned about..I intend on the contents on this case tomorrow..

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:
MP453 James Bradford 09/06/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP27178 John Devaughn 09/30/1988 Ritchie WV
MP11218 James Johansen 06/13/2007 Greenbrier WV
MP8682 Michael McLaughlin 12/01/2009 Bristol VA
MP9527 Samuel Riser 12/08/2010 Kanawha WV

@Rfletcher, did you ever get any more information about the decedent and your brother?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back