1065 users online (259 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

UK - Death dances 'Gangnam Style'

Poor guy. Then again, one could do worse than to die when dancing. Prayers for his family this holiday.

Dad-of-three collapses and dies from heart attack at Christmas party - dancing to Gangnam Style (Daily Mirror)
    A dad-of-three collapsed and died from a heart attack at his office Christmas party - after dancing to Gangnam Style.

Eamonn Kilbride, 46, complained of chest pains and keeled over after performing the vigorous horse riding-style moves to Korean pop sensation Psys number one hit.
    Tests revealed the Irishman, who lived with his family in Burnley, suffered acute heart failure.

The tragedy occurred at the Whitehall Country Club in Darwen at the Christmas party for Thwaites brewery, where Mr Kilbride was an IT manager.
    the rest at the link and in countless other news articles online

I don't think they should be blaming this particular dance. Any physical activity would presumably have had similar effect on this guy.
    Just my opinion

I tried to do this dance (while no one was watching, of course) and omgoodness I'm glad that I didn't have a heart attack. It's not as easy as it looks.
    ^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^