1020 users online (200 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

Sandy victim's class ring, gone 35 years, washes ashore in Bahamas after superstorm

What goes around comes around: Sandy victim whose house was destroyed is
    reunited with ring he lost 35 years ago - after storm washes it up on Bahamas beach
    (Daily Mail)
    Stood among the wreckage of his former home in Staten Island, Robert De Vincenzi must have felt down on his luck.

Days earlier a 12ft wall of water had swept into his property during Superstorm Sandy destroying his home and all his belongings.

But within a few days his luck was about to change with a single phone call.
    A couple honeymooning in the Bahamas had found it encrusted in coral and wrapped in seaweed washed up on the shore.
    When they finally managed to get through Mr De Vincenzi said he was 'overwhelmed' by the discovery.

'It was 35 years ago,' he said. 'I was on vacation with my friend and we were in the water, splashing around, when the ring came off. How strange, the way God works.'
    more, with pictures, at link above

An amazing discovery after all those years...
    ... but the article is a little strange, the way it implies that he was down about losing his house at first but then his luck changed and with a single phone call things were okay again.

I don't know, maybe he was very attached to his ring. But if I was feeling down on my luck because my house was wrecked I'm not sure finding an old class ring would make everything very much better.

where no man has boldy gone
    I know this is a little off topic but have you seen all the plastic and other stuff that has been washing ashore from the Tsunami in Japan. Wonder if all the stuff from Sandra will end up in Japan? I know it's a long way from the North Atlantic, to the South Atlantic, to the Indian Ocean, to the Pacific.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.