Thread: Another Child Unbelievably Abused

Another Child Unbelievably Abused

Last edited by Chica; 02-10-2005 at 01:11 AM. Reason: link

"Eric Bare, 42, of St. Paul, admitted to child protection workers that he did lock the teenager in the kennel on two different occasions, once for three consecutive days, and once for seven consecutive days. Bare said that he "fixed up the kennel nice" and that it was "a suitable temporary living arrangement."

Well I don't understand why the police arrested him ... he fixed the kennel up real nice ...

He was charged this week with unreasonable restraint of a child.

The girls mother was charged too ~ she would bring her food to the kennel and talk to her

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    He was charged this week with unreasonable restraint of a child.

The girls mother was charged too ~ she would bring her food to the kennel and talk to her
    Cass, you would think that they could find a few more charges to throw at them. Especially inlight of the naked inspections.

Here's another more indepth article. Seems like they had a dog that they treated better ....

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5231694.html

Bare told police that he believed the kennel was a suitable temporary living arrangement for the girl.

He said he put two car seats, a throw rug and a blanket in the kennel and placed it over a floor drain so the girl could urinate while locked up overnight. The girl told authorities that the kennel was cold but not freezing because she had a blanket.

Bare said he strip-searched the girl twice because he worried that she was concealing a stolen key to unlock the kennel. He said he forced the girl to spend one night naked in the kennel.

Cameron said that the confinement was Bare's idea but that she agreed to it.

She said she observed one strip search of the girl and approved of it. She also said she sat outside the kennel and talked to her daughter in hopes of altering her behavior problems.
    Neighbors said the couple had a golden or orange labrador retriever that they kept in their upstairs apartment or next door in the warehouse space. Neighbors reported seeing the dog often but not the girl. No one reported seeing obvious signs of injury on the girl.

"We'd hear yelping at night when we'd step outside but that's about it," said Mose Yang, who lives two houses away

I guess he thought what he was doing was ok:

"Bare also said that the kennel was assembled over a drain in case the girl had to urinate."

"Cameron said that the confinement was Bare's idea but that she agreed to it"

comes under the section of the population that should never be parents. This is a misdemeanor so there won't be much of a punishment for them. I would like to see them sentenced to 7 days in the kennel. And open the kennel to the public, so that people could come in and make fun of them. I know that sounds severe, but they outlawed the public stocks.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Huh? Unreasonable Restraint? It does sound like he actually thought it was okay. From his description of how he fixed-up the kennel, you would have thought that he was describing a room in an apartment.

I don't understand how this works....could this girl ever be forced to return to these two monsters? UGH

Quote Originally Posted by lcookster
    I don't understand how this works....could this girl ever be forced to return to these two monsters? UGH
    I don't understand how this works either, but I have a real problem with this being a misdemeanor considering the dog had a better life than the girl.

Wow. Unbelievable. And it sounds like almost no punishment for this scary monster.

BBMcrae

Somebody should strip search him and leave him in a kennel along with the idiotic mother.

Quote Originally Posted by csds703
    Somebody should strip search him and leave him in a kennel along with the idiotic mother.
    It is a lifetime of abuse if she survives. If nothing is done legally she will be a pawn in the undertakings of this couple. It is all classic except for the fact that it was discovered fairly early. Now it is up to LE and child protection to rescue from it surely this child's demise.