Attention all space lovers

Oh I wish I would be awake! From the article, BBM:

Beginning at 11 ET Thursday night, Cooke and other comet experts at will hold an online chat about the meteor showers. NASA will also provide a Ustream feed of the meteor showers. As many as 120 meteors an hour may be visible, NASA said.

Did anybody see what looked to be a jets trail about 5:30 p.m today? The trail looked something like the comet trail in the picture at the link in the first post. My sister called me from Maryland and I'm in Ga, she said go look outside and tell me if you see two trails I saw a short one for about a minute but the other one went on for about 3 to 4 min. It went from west to east, and disappeared. Where my sister was the two trails crossed each other. It couldn't have been a plane because we both wouldn't have been able to see it. Weird. If that is a preview of what is coming tonight I can't wait. I love meteor showers.

Here it is almost 10 pm and I have seen about 5 already. My roommate saw one with lots of colors. Of course I missed that one but hopefully there will be another one. Just dress warm and enjoy. Get something to lay down because your neck will be killing you. The peak should be around midnight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back