1014 users online (124 members and 890 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    On HLN they say there's a BOLO for a car. No details yet on that. (This info from Mike Brooks) Partial tag, vehicle last seen getting on hwy whose number I can't remember.

ETA Source: One shooter is dead. Police recovered two weapons. Not known if LE or shooter took his life. Can't confirm if there was another perp.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This is so sad... I am tears thinking about the children and adults. Makes me want to go get my kids out of school.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Not another one!!! OMG this is sooo sad and scary!! I hope those children are okay. Makes me want to go pull mine out of school.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
    There are no confirmed reports by any news organization of a deceased child in connection with CT school shooting.
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

[Programming note] Reporters on scene say police will hold press briefing on CT school shooting at 1pm ET (1800 GMT)

Danbury Hospital, located about 11 miles west of the school, had been put on alert for possible casualties, a hospital spokesman told Reuters.

A hospital spokeswoman told NBC Connecticut that the hospital had received three patients from the scene.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BD0U120121214

BOLO purple van headed towards Burlington -- HLN's Mike Brooks

No.
    Hartford Courant: Some shooting victims are children, but unclear if they are among the deceased, in CT school shooting

First and foremost, my prayers go out to the students, teachers, and any employee's of Sandy Hook Elemetary School. Also, my prayers are to the parents, family and friends, and the entire community of Newton.

With that said. Why, after all these years of school shootings, is there not better security measures in our schools to make sure something like this doesn't happen. No one should be able to walk into a school with a gun and open fire. Ever.

The doors on the school should be locked from the outside and an access card given to all employee's to gain entrance into the schools during school hours. In case of an emergency, and with all the technology we have, there could be a switch where those doors could be unlocked in case of an emergency where police/EMS need to gain access.

If a parent has to pick up their child from school (appointment, a child is sick and has to go home, etc...) it should be the responsibity of a staff employee in the front office to meet the parent at the front doors and allow them in. No one should be able to freely walk into any school. That goes for parents (custody dispute??), students (suspended??), random people (ex of an employee), etc...

I hate to say it, even at an elementary stage, but there should be metal detectors in schools. I think these school shootings prove that these things can happen anywhere. Even in the best, most unsuspecting communities.

Are our children's lives that dispensable that we can not demand our tax payers money go to protect them in a place where they should be 100% safe?

I'm just sad and shocked that this can still happen.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

[Just in] Hartford Courant report multiple dead in Connecticut school shooting
    http://www.courant.com/news/breaking...,3969911.story

AP: at least one teacher wounded - shot in foot. The adult gunman is dead.

You can't be a 100 % safe anywhere.
    Just my opinion

I'm supposed to feel safe that my child is at school everyday with a shooting going on in CT and then Bloomingdale HS is on lock down in Tampa because of something going on???? Everyday it is some shooting somewhere. Can't go to the movies or mall anymore without worrying. Can't leave my child at school and go have lunch with my husband without worrying. Enough!!!
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc-police-...0,455352.story

NEWTOWN—
    Multiple people have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dickinson Drive.

Police said some of the shooting victims are children but it is not clear if they are among the dead. They were still searching the school at 11 a.m., and police dogs had been brought in.

State police personnel led children from the school, following the shooting.

Sources said a person believed to be a shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This year in the school my kids attend. All the doors are locked, teachers do have cards to get in. The front door has a buzzer and a camera to see you before letting you in. But how do they know you are not carrying something....... I feel like they need to have an intercom to ask why the person is there. But then what can that prevent. They do catch you once you enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I'm supposed to feel safe that my child is at school everyday with a shooting going on in CT and then Bloomingdale HS is on lock down in Tampa because of something going on???? Everyday it is some shooting somewhere. Can't go to the movies or mall anymore without worrying. Can't leave my child at school and go have lunch with my husband without worrying. Enough!!!
    But nobody even dares to mention gun control.
    Just my opinion

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast