1260 users online (178 members and 1082 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    LE confirms dead shooter is male --HLN (Big surprise.)

Oh no. Pray it's wrong.
    Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
    [Just in] Sources telling @DaveAltimari that children are among the dead in Newtown, Connecticut school shooting
    (Hartford Courant report)
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

Some reporters say they saw someone in cuffs being walked away -- HLN

(These HLN reports are all from sources; not confirmed.)

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    But nobody even dares to mention gun control.
    I am not a gun advocate but it's not going to stop people from getting guns by banning guns. It also doesn't stop those who don't qualify to get a gun to obtain one. The guy at the mall in Portland stole one. A 19 yo killed his mom and bf a few weeks ago in Oldsmar near me and got the gun by having his friend buy it. I could go on.

I guess the only thing to do is have metal detectors everywhere and locks on every door and pray 10x a day that nothing bad is going to happen to my child while I can't be there to protect her.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Some reporters say they saw someone in cuffs being walked away -- HLN

(These HLN reports are all from sources; not confirmed.)
    There are reports of two gunmen. Do they still think one gunman is on the lose?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    There are reports of two gunmen. Do they still think one gunman is on the lose?
    According to HLN there's still a BOLO out for a purple van and reports that someone was walked away in cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    According to HLN there's still a BOLO out for a purple van and reports that someone was walked away in cuffs.
    Reports are the man was wearing camouflage pants, and said to parents as he was being led away, "It's not me."

FOX Connecticut, citing sources, matching Hartford Courant report that children among the deceased in CT school shooting.
    WVIT: Parents reporting gunman at Connecticut school shooting was wearing a mask

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I'm supposed to feel safe that my child is at school everyday with a shooting going on in CT and then Bloomingdale HS is on lock down in Tampa because of something going on???? Everyday it is some shooting somewhere. Can't go to the movies or mall anymore without worrying. Can't leave my child at school and go have lunch with my husband without worrying. Enough!!!
    Mine is only in preschool, never thought I'd have to worry. This is just so messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    This year in the school my kids attend. All the doors are locked, teachers do have cards to get in. The front door has a buzzer and a camera to see you before letting you in. But how do they know you are not carrying something....... I feel like they need to have an intercom to ask why the person is there. But then what can that prevent. They do catch you once you enter.
    That is where the resource officer comes in. A school should always know who is scheduled to be at their doors. Parents write notes to their children's school's to let them know they are coming to get their children early. School's know when a sick child has to be picked up by a parent. School's know when a parent/teacher conference is scheduled. IF someone buzzes the door and it is someone who is not scheduled to be there, then the resource officer on school property should be the one to go up to the door and question the person's motives for being there.

Also, maybe there needs to be an ID card (school logo, "PARENT" clearly written on it) where a parent could show it at doors. I know my nieces school, you have to have a pass (school logo on it) just to pick your kid up during regular pick up times. They won't allow any child in any car if they do not have this pass visibly showing.

As someone else pointed out, I understand we are not 100% safe anywhere, but we should be able to put extra emphasis on our schools safety in order to protect our children.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

I'm reading reports that shooter is dead
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/con...ing/?hpt=hp_t1
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

I just can't get over the fact that this is at an ELEMENTARY school, fgs. They just said that the shooting was just outside a KINDERGARTEN room, omg!
    Proud WS N-LIB

If anybody does Twitter, btw, follow this guy: @TheMatthewKeys. He's a Reuters guy (tempted to say "kid," he's so young!) and is excellent keeping one up to date. Terrific coverage on Sandy.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/h...3.photogallery

Some pics. Are they letting parents take kids already?

DD of principal frantically trying to get info. on her mom.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast