810 users online (76 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
    I have a different concern. Make no mistake, there is no excuse for this shooting. However, I saw Ryans Facebook page. I did not see anything concerning in regard to his posts.
    However, what I do know is that Ryan is from Hoboken NJ. Hoboken was recently devastated by Hurricane Isaac. The residents of Hoboken felt abandoned by the government after the storm.
    I am an ER nurse from New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina we had an increase of homicide/suicide. Everyone was traumatized after the storm. Imagine you wake up in a what looks like a war zone and their is no one to care for you. There were no mental health practitioners and no PTSD screening down after the storm. The result was we had an increase in violence and an increase in suicide attempts. People could not cope. We lost everything except the clothes on our back. Everything was so surreal. Imagine that in America, you have to go look for food to eat and water to drink everyday. The lack of resources such as this, were the complaints of many in Hoboken.
    It was difficult to be an ER nurse, and give hope when you yourself felt hopeless initially after the storm.
    Many of you may say what does this have to do with anything. Well, the psychological effects of going through a disaster remain in New Orleans. We have 3-4 suicide attempt calls a day. An increase in domestic violence, especially involving children and parents.
    If nothing else, the government should take note that any disaster recover MUST include mental health counseling. Remember, RL is at a developmental age that when they do not have the maturity (yet) to use their words to explain their feelings they act out in violence. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN FROM THE FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY OF THOSE DEVASTED BY DISASTER AND TRAUMA.

Just a thought.

Fox reporting Ryan Lanza's father was found dead in his home and his Mother was killed @ the school. Fox is showing pic of Ryan Lanza on the FB page that I have up an copies of the 4 pics on that page.

Fox has been reporting it is a Kindergarten classroom of children killed (but not officially).

Shooter is deceased inside the building. . . .lots search warrants and LE activity in and out of state. scene is secure - major crime scene.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

They said shooters younger brother is named adam and was found hiding in woods behind school with camo pants on. Has been taken into custody

per Fox

These poor people named Ryan Lanza....

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Schools should only allow those individuals inside that have appropriate state and federal child abuse and criminal clearances. This should also apply to school volunteers.
    True. But our teachers son had a background check and fingerprints run and was in college for becoming a teacher. So he had the adequate clearing to be able to work with the kids and he was NEVER alone with them. He was out on the field teaching them to play soccer, but his mom was sitting and watching.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    If his mom was a kindergarten teacher than it would have been easy to get in. I am sure they welcomed him with open arms. My DD's kinder teacher used to have her 22 yr old son come and teach soccer sometimes. The kids loved it and I thought it was nice. I am sure nobody imagined her son was going to slaughter them all.
    You're right. I volunteer for DD's Kindergarten class on Wednesdays, and the teacher's son (a high school student) came in about 2:30'ish, bringing his mom a cup of coffee from town, and running errands for her throughout the school. And I remember thinking at the time how strange it was that amidst all these locked doors and security measures, they just let this kid come in here, and wander the halls.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    That's because there's this pervasive attitude of, "hey, whatever makes you happy." Obviously, not going out and killing people, but if it makes you happy to be a loner, or someone enmeshed in the dark, morbid subculture out there, then hey, anything goes!
    And why shouldn't it go? If someone is a loner, what exactly do you propose be done about it? Lots of people are loners, again, vast majority will not commit mass murder.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Screen shots of the killer's FB have been approved by management. Just make SURE you have the right person.
    the person depicted in teh Screencapped FB page is also the same person who is tweeting (same photo as well) that they are not THAT Ryan.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

On HLN they said parents still looking for their kids. The mother was shot at the school.
    Evil don't look like anything...

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    If I were him I'd be yanking down my FB and changing my name.
    It's now down.

Just got home and heard the news. I taught K and PreK for over 30 years and this one really hit me. Those poor babies.

Prayers to the families and community. This is unbelievably tragic.

An evil idiot could have copied Rlanza's photo and be pretending to be him in the comment section.

STOP posting the FB and Twitter links until we get confirmation this is the perp!

Last edited by KateB; 06-23-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43