Whoa: Physicists testing to see if universe is a computer simulation

Reader

Reaction score
Are we all really here?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...e-universe-computer-simulation-224525825.html

Some physicists and university researchers say it's possible to test the theory that our entire universe exists inside a computer simulation, like in the 1999 film "The Matrix."

In 2003, University of Oxford philosophy professor Nick Bostrom published a paper, "The Simulation Argument," which argued that, "we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation." Now, a team at Cornell University says it has come up with a viable method for testing whether we're all just a series of numbers in some ancient civilization's computer game.

Researchers at the University of Washington agree with the testing method, saying it can be done. A similar proposal was put forth by German physicists in November............more at link......

My 2 favorite comments:

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe

We are living in Farmville?

error_cartoon.gif

http://www.metatags.org/solution

Interesting, very interesting.:websleuther:

Reminds me of the Hindu idea that the universe is Brahma's dream.

My DH was going on and on about this last night. He is fascinated because that has long been a pet theory of his. I have heard him describing it for about 10 years so far...

My DH was going on and on about this last night. He is fascinated because that has long been a pet theory of his. I have heard him describing it for about 10 years so far...

But then scientists would have to do something they are loath to do .......admit there are higher lifeforms, gods even.

DH watched something on the history channel about this. He found it fascinating.

Would make a good episode of The Twilight Zone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back