Disgruntled Taco Bell Customer tosses chalupa at employee

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Call it assault by chalupa.

The Des Moines Police Department has filed a simple assault charge against a Des Moines man for an alleged Thursday incident at Taco Bell, 1501 E. Euclid Ave.

The weapon? A crispy, chewy concoction called a chalupa.

"I've never had anything quite like that before," said Darren Cornwell, the detective who investigated the case.

Police received a report early Friday alleging that a disgruntled customer threw the snack at a Taco Bell employee just hours before.

Nancy Harrison, a Taco Bell employee, told police she was working the drive-through at 10:45 p.m. Thursday when Christopher Lame, 24, ordered some food. Shortly afterward, Lame parked in front of the store, went inside and stated that he did not get the taco he ordered, records show.

Harrison said she asked if he had a receipt.

"What the (expletive)," he said. "Do I have to bring my receipt, too?" he answered.

Lame allegedly went back to his car, grabbed the bag the tacos were in, and told her, "There's the (expletive) tacos."

Police records show Harrison informed Lame they were closing, and as she turned away, a chalupa hit her in the face near her right eye. Lame ran out, but Harrison followed and took down his license plate number, she said.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2004406070315

:rolleyes:

Well, it does kinda p you off when you pay for an order and half of it doesn't make it to your bag. This happens to my husband and myself frequently. Not that I would ever throw the food back at the employee. However, I do understand his frustration.

It starts with a chalupa and the next thing you know the customers are heaving entire burritos at the employees! This must stop now!!:doh:

Did you see the news the other day about the McDonalds employee that was putting glass in the hamburgers. I never eat fast food. Never have , never will. Years ago when we were in high school my sister worked for Jack in the Box. The manager used to get his laughs by peeing on the grill.

Hi Tybee... I put a story on crimes in the news today where a cop is suing mcdonalds for 6million for glass in his burger.

I worked at burgerking when I was a teenager and I never saw any thing like you describe, we cared about our product and customers and our store was spotless. Hearing stories like this disturb me though like the guy masterbating into the honey mustard dip, or spitting on food :eek:

I think it depends on the Store Manager. They use to put 18 year olds as Manager trainees . Putting an 18 year old in charge of a bunch of kids to work the evening shift was asking for trouble IMO.

In one of my less well thought out moments, I once assaulted a former co-worker with a cup of coffee in a Taco Bell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back