743 users online (80 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...183501531.html

Jonathan Dienst and Shimon Prokupecz

| Friday, Dec 14, 2012 | Updated 10:10 PM EST
    school, which includes kindergarten through fourth grade.
    Just facts about the school.

He said the shooter didn't say a word.
    Father of a child that was in the room the shooter entered and the child escaped.

A reverse 911 call went out to parents about the emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMama3 View Post
    I will be curious to see if we find that NL had some mental health issues of her own. Not, obviously, on par with AL's, but enough that she didn't regard his problems as ones that someday be lethal. Maybe untreated issues combined with insistent denial.

It would explain why she had firearms accessible to AL, despite being cognizant of his instability. Her older son has acknowledged some kind of personality disorder or major mental health issue. If one family member knows of it, then likely all family members are aware of it.

I also wonder if RL has not been in contact with NL as well as AL. He may have chosen to put physical and mental distance between himself and family members who were not dealing with their dysfunctions.

I'm speculating on this because, absent the unspeakable violence, I have family members like this, and have put long-term distance between them and me for emotional self-preservation. And all JMO.

I still can't fathom the senseless murder of twenty little ones whose biggest concerns should have been what holiday gifts were coming their way. The fear those children must have felt is gut-wrenching.
    I totally understand what you are saying. Why in the WORLD would a middle aged woman (my age) have several assault weapons in her home? REALLY? This is NOT a right to guns post, I am for gun rights, and could imagine myself having a protection pistol in my glove box of my car. But what is the mindset of this mother who had this kind of weaponry available to her son who had some kind of mental health issues?

PLEASE, do not make this tragedy into your place to preach hateful messages about people who make different parenting choices than you.

PLEASE do not make this tragedy into a soapbox for telling the youth of today that they are pathetic, because they are not.
    Abby, I could kiss you right now!
    Birds and herps <3

R.I.P. Tina Hermann, Kody Maynard, and Stephanie Sprang

Gone but never forgotten.

Http://www.flickr.com/redheadphotog
    http://underneaththecanopy.blogspot.com

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
    NBC News' Brian Williams reports the bodies of the children are starting to be removed from Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

Girlfriend, friend found safe

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-so...ad-ties-school

One of the officials said earlier Friday that a girlfriend of one of the Lanza brothers and another friend were missing in New Jersey. Subsequently, the third official said police had talked with the girlfriend. One of the friends had to be reached in California, so it took some time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...cs&ir=politics

A grandmother of the suspect – who is also the mother of the slain teacher – was too distraught to speak when reached by phone at her home in Brooksville, Fla.
    "I just don't know, and I can't make a comment right now," Dorothy Hanson, 78, said in a shaky voice as she started to cry. She said she hadn't heard anything official about her daughter and grandsons. She declined to comment further and hung up
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

I do have sympathy for his mother, she did have guns and they where registered to her, but she did not go and shoot people. Her own baby whom she loved murdered her. The mother probably never thought in a million years her son was a murderer or would do harm to anyone, If she did I'm sure she wouldn't have purchased the guns and had them around her son.

It's truly terrible for all involved. Only one person is responsible for this. If he wanted out of this world he should have took his life and left everyone else alone. He was selfish cold and caculating. Everyone involved has my deepest sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Please let the media allow these victims to be removed peacefully and with dignity!
    Justice for Trayvon

A bit O/T but:

I was spanked as a child and endured other punishments, such as slapping, along with a few instances of what today would, if I am not mistaken, be considered a crime.

I've struggled with low self-esteem and self-loathing my entire life. Cause and effect? No way to prove it beyond a doubt, but I believe so.

My parents did this not because they are evil people--they are not--but because they truly believed in that day and time that those were appropriate ways to discipline a child.

Based on my own experience I would never advocate spanking a child. Ever.

Is it appropriate to hit a spouse when they do something they shouldn't? A friend? A parent?

If not, why is it okay and even desirable to hit a child?
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

The Associated Press ‏@AP
    Law enforcement official: Conn. shooter's mother did not appear to have connection with the school: http://apne.ws/XoxxQm -SS
    Lengthy article about today's events at link.
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

HOW on earth will the people in that town survive?
    HOW? HOW are the folks suppose to grieve for one murdered child...much less 18?

Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post

A grandmother of the suspect – who is also the mother of the slain teacher – was too distraught to speak when reached by phone at her home in Brooksville, Fla.
    "I just don't know, and I can't make a comment right now," Dorothy Hanson, 78, said in a shaky voice as she started to cry. She said she hadn't heard anything official about her daughter and grandsons. She declined to comment further and hung up
    The victims of AL seem to be spreading by the minute. Praying for Grandma Hanson.
    Justice for Trayvon

I am just so saddened. My heart aches for the victims who spent their last moments in fear, for the victims' families whose lives have been completely turned upside down, and for the survivors who will have a long journey in recovering from this tragedy. My nephew is five years old, such an innocent age, I cannot even begin to fathom him having to experience something like this. And so close to Christmas!?!? It will never be the same for the parents, siblings, and children of the victims. My heart is so heavy tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post

Why THE HELL is the media calling the mother of the teacher??? She just found out her grandson killed his mom, 18 children and 6 adults?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Still am completely against these children being interviewed. It's been just over 12 hours since their lives have been turned upside down. They should be home in a quiet environment to cry, at a church to pray and mourn, or at the pediatrician's office getting medical advice for their parents on how to deal with their babies suffering such a trauma. I'd rather wait for Law Enforcement to give more details than hear children, who have not had time to even comprehend the magnitude of what has happened today, recount what they heard or seen today.

40 parents (counting mother's and father's) have lost children today. 6 adults were killed. The children who were there today should not be dealing with the media! I'm pissed at the parents right now!

MOO
    I totally agree with you. These parents are right by the side of the kids being interviewed. so I guess they think this is fine. Maybe a way to talk and get it off their chests. I know Newton is setting up locations for the children and parents to get grief counseling. This is where they should be. 11 years ago yesterday the best friend of two of my kids, was involved in a car accident which involved a drunk driver, killing both mother and child. My kids were immediately taken by hubby and I to the grief counseling that was held that very same night. They were the best people you could know. We all felt the same...numb. Till this day there are special ornaments hanging on our Christmas tree to remind us of their memory.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast