1458 users online (240 members and 1218 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,051 to 1,059 of 1059
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    His brother Ryan who was named first as the shooter, I hope he will be okay,first to be named then to realize it is your own brother who is the monster who killed all these innocent children and teachers ,then to realize he killed your mom wow how do you process that and come out okay?
    I cannot even imagine that.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

I'm going to open a new thread in a minute. So everyone be prepared to make the transition.

fran

Originally Posted by Pensfan
    "Mr. Novia said it wasn't unusual for school officials to meet about troubled students, but Mr. Lanza's problems were more severe than most. He said he told the school's three security staffers who reported to him to carefully monitor Mr. Lanza, concerning "where he was, who he was with, and what he was doing."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...48422.html

Uh....Clearly this killer wasn't just autistic. Adults were afraid of him the results of his behavior and he was tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Their fear wasn't that he was dangerous. "It was completely the opposite," said Richard J. Novia, the director of security at Newtown School District at the time in 2007. "At that point in his life, he posed no threat to anyone else. We were worried about him being the victim or that he could hurt himself."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...797348422.html
    I'm standing by my statement. This killer clearly wasn't just autistic.
    "Mr. Lanza's problems were more severe than most. Three security staffers were told to carefully monitor Mr Lanza......"

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    "Mr. Novia said it wasn't unusual for school officials to meet about troubled students, but Mr. Lanza's problems were more severe than most. He said he told the school's three security staffers who reported to him to carefully monitor Mr. Lanza, concerning "where he was, who he was with, and what he was doing."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...797348422.html

Uh....Clearly this killer wasn't just autistic. Adults were afraid of him/the results of his behavior and he was tiny.
    Are we reading the same article?
    "The scrawny teenager with a mop of brown hair evoked feelings of sympathy, not fear, from teachers and the few classmates who even noticed him."

It says that they were watching him, but trying to help him get in clubs and form friendships. They knew something was wrong, and that he needed help... but I'm not sure I got the impression they were afraid of him.

eta- sorry, I see you've already clarified. I disagree on the afraid of him part, but I agree that he obviously had more going on than High Functioning Autism. That just seems obvious IMO.

They explain very clearly why they were monitoring him. Not because they were afraid of him, but because out of their concern for his well being.
    Since he was apparently such an unusual person, I am sure they were concerned he would be bullied.
    Just my opinion

“Nancy told me he was burning himself with a lighter. In the ankles or arms or something,” he recalled of a conversation they had about a year ago. “It was like he was trying to feel something.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2FHk6HEsz

Uh...nope. Self mutilation is an attempt to keep suicidal feelings and emotional pain at bay by relieving psychological tension. Ten percent of self mutilators will eventually commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal Again View Post
    Are we reading the same article?
    "The scrawny teenager with a mop of brown hair evoked feelings of sympathy, not fear, from teachers and the few classmates who even noticed him."

It says that they were watching him, but trying to help him get in clubs and form friendships. They knew something was wrong, and that he needed help... but I'm not sure I got the impression they were afraid of him.

eta- sorry, I see you've already clarified. I disagree on the afraid of him part, but I agree that he obviously had more going on than High Functioning Autism. That just seems obvious IMO.
    That was also stated is 2007... I think things got worse for Adam

Please continue the discussion here:

Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA I moved a few of the later posts over to the new thread.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-23-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Someone needs to tell the Republic American to remove the video as well as WTNH.
    I told them and several reporters and it is gone now.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71