799 users online (89 members and 710 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    I tried to make a new thread but it seems I am not allowed. Im only just getting serious about this case but something really bothers me.

Law Emforcement claims that because Times Square and Penn Station are so crowded that we would not be able to see anything on surveillance footage at the time the phone calls were made to the little sister of one of the victims.

I call BS. Give us footage for an hour window around the phone calls at both locations and let us loose on this and I bet we would come up with at least a few possibles.
    Unfortunately Im betting that by now any footage has been deleted..... but this whole thing stinks to me. The fact is we HAVE or at least HAD surveilance footage of LISK. Its not even debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmessier View Post
    I tried to make a new thread but it seems I am not allowed. Im only just getting serious about this case but something really bothers me.

Law Emforcement claims that because Times Square and Penn Station are so crowded that we would not be able to see anything on surveillance footage at the time the phone calls were made to the little sister of one of the victims.

I call BS. Give us footage for an hour window around the phone calls at both locations and let us loose on this and I bet we would come up with at least a few possibles.
    Unfortunately Im betting that by now any footage has been deleted..... but this whole thing stinks to me. The fact is we HAVE or at least HAD surveilance footage of LISK. Its not even debateable.
    We have Rovers crusin around Mars but LE cant get this guy.
    How did Melissa get from the Bx to LI? Probably by car. Her phone pinged all the way. Why cant LE zoom in on the plate #s of the cars that went over the bridge? It could have been done. The same applies to Maureen. She was at Penn Station. Cameras everywhere. Inside and out. Did anyone bother to view them? LE blew it.

Agree

I tried to make a new thread but it seems I am not allowed.
    respectfully snipped

It's open now. For future reference, please send a private message to an administrator or moderator. Nine times out of ten, we will approve the thread unless there's a very good reason not to.

Thanks, and welcome.

Bessie
    WS ADMINISTRATOR
    Last edited by bessie; 02-17-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

For those of you that get the Channel Investigation ID channel on February 28 they are starting a series called"Who Killed Jane Doe"
    My 26 year old niece was missing for 14 months, body found in the woods. She was murdered.

In some of the articles I've read there's discussion of John Bittrolff having lived on Long Island for a while, then moving elsewhere, then moving back again. Does anyone know exactly when and where he's lived besides his current address? Also - I saw an interview with one of his neighbors when Bittrolff was arrested. Strange that he described him as a hunter AND animal lover. Kind of contradictory. Anyway, the neighbor said Bittrolff has a cabin "upstate" where he roosts when he's on a hunting trip. Any idea where that cabin is located?
    Appreciate any information you can provide.

Also...found this great map that shows the missing from the New York Metropolitan area.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/em...395092741&z=10

I am sorry I have zero information on the questions you asked, but I do want to say that being a hunter and being an animal lover are not mutually exclusive. I myself love venison, though I have very little patience to hunt (I have, but only on few occassions). I have no issue taking a deer. I do not want it to suffer, of course, so well-placed, deadly shot is always ideal as most hunters will agree. I fish regularly. Very often. And I often eat what I catch, which of course necessitates killing it. There again, I try and do it quickly. I have no desire for any animal to suffer.

HOWEVER, there is a huge difference in my mind, and in many people's minds, when it comes to game and pets. A deer is game. A dog is a pet. A dog is a family member. Sometimes even a hunting companion. Heck, we have a family of raccoons that frequents my yard and my deck. I will not harm them. Even though sometimes they knock over my trash cans and make a mess, I would never, ever harm them as I have grown fond of them. (My kids make messes too. ).

These guys that torture animals are scum and I have always wished that long term prison sentences for animal cruelty were standard. But hunting for food is an entirely different matter. Most hunters do not wish to see their prey suffer.

Most hunters enjoy the kill. They get a rush. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Nope, usually it's an immediate case of throwing up. Then a private homage to the animal for giving it's life so you can eat it. Thrill killers are far and few between in the world of hunting. Anyone will be able to spot them a mile off, and are most likely not to be welcome in the hunting community.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Again, animals are different, specifically game animals. There are hunters who have become desensitized to killing and celebrate their success. I have to say, I resent your statement a little. Most of us believe that some animals are intended for food. Chicken, fish, turkey, deer, cattle, pheasant, all come to mind. I myself will not eat pork because I find pigs to be too intelligent and do not consider them food.

These same hunters, who may get a rush and even post photos of themselves with bloodied carcasses, will come home to their families, their dogs, their cats, wives, children, etc whom they love dearly. Many will give away meat that they cannot use. They would never dream of preying upon a human being. And I assure you, as has already been stated in this thread, that most hunters make every effort to ensure that their quarry does not suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeandacig View Post
    Nope, usually it's an immediate case of throwing up. Then a private homage to the animal for giving it's life so you can eat it. Thrill killers are far and few between in the world of hunting. Anyone will be able to spot them a mile off, and are most likely not to be welcome in the hunting community.
    Yea I don't believe that
    Last edited by PictureSnatcher; 02-20-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PictureSnatcher View Post
    Yea I don't believe that
    Mods, please place a permaban on my account. I do not take kindly to being painted with such broad strokes and am requesting a ban before I say something I regret.

Shame we all cant unify in our desire to see justice for these women. But I have hunted...have many friends and family that are avid hunters and I do not appreciate the implications being made here.

Quote Originally Posted by PictureSnatcher View Post
    Yea I don't believe that
    Well, that is my experience with hunting, and the people I know who continue to hunt. If you have a different experience with hunting, please share...

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeandacig View Post
    Well, that is my experience with hunting, and the people I know who continue to hunt. If you have a different experience with hunting, please share...
    I'm just saying I don't believe that usually a hunter will throw up than do an homage like you said, that's all. That sounds like an exception to the rule. Personally I don't know why anyone would kill an animal unless they had to, I just can'y imagine hurting animals for fun, that is some dark ****.

Interestingly 3 of the Manorville bodies were found by duck hunters.
    Inspct Gadgets theory was one of the best

Mods, please place a permaban on my account. I do not take kindly to being painted with such broad strokes and am requesting a ban before I say something I regret.

Shame we all cant unify in our desire to see justice for these women. But I have hunted...have many friends and family that are avid hunters and I do not appreciate the implications being made here.
    Nah, don't take yourself out just yet. I read your posts and what you said aligns with what I know to be true of most people who hunt. I live in rural mid-America and have been around people who hunt and fish my entire life. My mother did both. Dad not so much.
    I enjoy fishing nearly every day in good weather, but I'm too lazy to clean them so I catch and release. For a few years, I tried white-tail hunting, but I hate cold weather and found myself too hesitant to pull the trigger. I now see them on my land every day and the only shots I take are with my camera. However, if I ever get hungry, I still do have my rifle.
    Most regular hunters are not people who vomit when they kill for food, nor are they people who are thrill-killers (I've personally never witnessed either of these behaviors), but they lie somewhere in between.. Just regular people with a healthy respect for what these animals are wrt food. Regular folks are not people like Ted Nugent. right?

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast