1260 users online (309 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,105 of 1105
    I'm still a little confused about this book ..is it a fictional account or is it supposed to be true crime? It was self published in Oct of 2012 by a company called "Xlibris" here is what the site says about the author "Duane W Roller ,"W "is a first time author who was born in the Bronx, NY and then moved to Long Island, NY at the age of 10 where he spent the majority of his life. W currently resides in central Florida and plans to venture into the horror genre by writing more books in the not too distant future. Stay tuned"

I would think the SCPD or the FBI should be seeking Duane W Roller out for and interview and a lie detector test

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Could the drifter be LISK? I would like to know who the drifter is.

Duane W Roller

I just googled searched this man he appears to a university professor and a legitimate author of historical non fiction books who lives in Ohio.I think his name somehow got dumped on this Xlibris site as the author of the Oak beach book. That being said the Xlibris company must have a record of the person who published the book as they would have had to pay to use their services.I still think whoever the author is he needs to be a least questioned about what he knows about Oak Beach.

Good question.. i couldnt tell if some of it was fiction or real.. although in the epilogue he does say that he called joe brewer and they spoke about shannon gilbert and the other remains found. He also addresses being accused himself of being the killer. Joe brewer would know if the drifter was a tenant for sure.. the drifter lived in the upstairs of brewers house also. I mentioned in a previous post that he lived in the 1st floor which was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali&89 View Post
    I just googled searched this man he appears to a university professor and a legitimate author of historical non fiction books who lives in Ohio.I think his name somehow got dumped on this Xlibris site as the author of the Oak beach book. That being said the Xlibris company must have a record of the person who published the book as they would have had to pay to use their services.I still think whoever the author is he needs to be a least questioned about what he knows about Oak Beach.
    This is a snippet from a new york post article that says the author is known as W.W.

Brewer continues to live under a cloud. A self-published roman à clef, “Confessions of The Oak Beach Drifter,” by an author known only as W.W., casts suspicion on a character (named Damon Brooks in the novel) who bears a strong resemblance to Brewer. The Brooks character beats up a prostitute.

Link to the piece:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/03/4-years...-beach-killer/

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    The links are jammed up guys.. its not going directly to the page, so when you go to the page, just use the little tab up top with the page number on it to chapter 59/page 265.. and then check the epilogue out as well.
    Well the links wouldn't let me look at chapter 59 at all and not the full epilogue but what I did read in the epilogue was intriguing.

You know what he did bring up though about being blamed for being with Brewer during the time Shannon was there made me think about a few things.
    First of all Shannan kept referring to "They" as in multiple people. The only person that was witness to who was in the home besides Shannan was the driver. Correct? So who was "they"?
    Could he not have had more than a few people in the home when she arrived and she didn't know until the door closed? The driver wouldn't have been aware.
    When Brewer went out to get the driver to help him get her out, the others could have easily hid in another room.
    Maybe the only reason she did initially get out of the home alive was the fact she had a driver that night and the other victims didn't.
    The minute she ran out of the house and the driver left after her, the other people could have left on foot trying to catch her before the driver found her and chased her into the marsh. Brewer stays behind to aid the cops acting innocent and pretending not to know what was wrong with her and she was crazy on drugs..... Meanwhile the others were taking care of Shannan in the marsh. She was a witness and needed to be silenced. If the "drifter" was in fact down in Florida healing from the car accident, then the house would only be occupied by Brewer and he could have had anyone there he wanted.

Another thing that truly is absurd is they won't release the 911 call.
    I think the reason is Shannan was naming names and wasn't as out of it as Brewer was trying to make her out to be.
    The 911 call needs to be released. There's no reason for them not to. Especially if it might help solve this case and put an end to the killings.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Everything I write is my very own opinion unless I give a link. I can and will change my mind when the evidence leads me in another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I personally didnt get the feeling that the drifter is the LISK, but who knows. Its just my opinion. I didnt feel the book shed enough light on what was really going on at oak beach.. he could of lied, embellished some stories and you never find out his real name in the book.. although the pub/bar he spent years causing trouble at is called baxters pub. Or was called baxters pub at one point. It was either in babylon or islip which is very close to ocean parkway. These towns are pretty much just north of the robert moses causeway that leads to ocean parkway.
    I agree Vapor, I don't think the Drifter is LISK either.
    My 26 year old niece was missing for 14 months, body found in the woods. She was murdered.

We do not know exactly who or how many people were in Brewer's house with him and Shannan Gilbert. The 'drifter' from the in his book claims he was not present, but other reports imply that there was at least another male in the house with Brewer. Law Enforcement who have absolved Brewer of any wrongdoing have also absolved this house guest whom they refereed to as the 'drifter'.

Brewer is not talking.

It is amazing to me, I have heard of drivers who have a burnt out tail-light stopped, questioned and ticketed, but JB hires a prostitute, (Illegal in New York); there likely were drugs involved, (illegal in new York); 911 is called,(to report criminal activity); and the woman disappears and ends up dead, but no charges are laid.

Does that make sense to you?

it says I have to buy the ebook to read those pages...uuugh

I don't know the law in New York but I've heard in other states that if a person dies as a result of criminal activity the surviving participants can be charged with murder or negligence.if that law applies in NY you would think Brewer and Pak should be charged with either negligence or murder as Shannon would be alive but for their involvement in the crime of prostitution or human trafficking resulting in Shannons death. Their negligence is highlighted by the fact that Shannon called 911 while in their company claiming "they" were going to kill her and now she's dead. Charges against these two would surely get them talking to save their own skins and get them to reveal what happened the night Shannon died. If the SCPD can't or won't charge them then Shannons surviving sister should seriously consider launching a civil suit against them both for their negligent criminal activities that night which resulted in Shannons death.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR View Post
    We do not know exactly who or how many people were in Brewer's house with him and Shannan Gilbert. The 'drifter' from the in his book claims he was not present, but other reports imply that there was at least another male in the house with Brewer. Law Enforcement who have absolved Brewer of any wrongdoing have also absolved this house guest whom they refereed to as the 'drifter'.

Brewer is not talking.

It is amazing to me, I have heard of drivers who have a burnt out tail-light stopped, questioned and ticketed, but JB hires a prostitute, (Illegal in New York); there likely were drugs involved, (illegal in new York); 911 is called,(to report criminal activity); and the woman disappears and ends up dead, but no charges are laid.

Does that make sense to you?
    Great post!
    Why WEREN'T charges brought against him for those illegal activities?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Everything I write is my very own opinion unless I give a link. I can and will change my mind when the evidence leads me in another direction.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74