HODGE-PODGE - LISK-related

I'll get the conversation going...

I'm curious if the distance from the last known place to where the bodies were found is of any significance. There has been some talk about the distance factor, but the conversation has mostly focused on home vs. dump site. What does the distance between JT's remains and JD Manorville 2000 say? What does the distance between JD Fire Island 1996 say? I would think those hold significance in finding a central location for where their murders took place.

Sort of answering my own question. I mapped out the distance between where the girls were last seen to the farthest point where JT's body was found. I pinpointed the center (by miles) and went to the same distance below. The distance to the center of the triangle is 32 miles.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/594/2kmyp3.jpg

Sort of answering my own question. I mapped out the distance between where the girls were last seen to the farthest point where JT's body was found. I pinpointed the center (by miles) and went to the same distance below. The distance to the center of the triangle is 32 miles.

2kmyp3.jpg

I really like your map and I think if we flipped it we might know a possible new dump site on the North Shore. I wonder if it needs to be skewed just a tad to account for the Bronx. Maybe also throw the hotels in Hauppauge and Massapequa. I see you have the hotel in Massapequa. I need some triangulation software. If you flip the map towards the North Shore of LI you are near Huntington Bay. Would be interesting to know if the LE have searched this area. There are places there that are remote where you could dispose of a body/bodies.

I really like your map and I think if we flipped it we might know a possible new dump site on the North Shore. I wonder if it needs to be skewed just a tad to account for the Bronx. Maybe also throw the hotels in Hauppauge and Massapequa. I see you have the hotel in Massapequa. I need some triangulation software. If you flip the map towards the North Shore of LI you are near Huntington Bay. Would be interesting to know if the LE have searched this area. There are places there that are remote where you could dispose of a body/bodies.

The thumbtack June 5, 2010 is the hotel in Hauppauge. I didn't use any triangulation software, just Google Earth, and the measuring tool and basic geometry.

I hope I dont get a time out for this, but I did a test on another LISK page. Just to test what would happen if I made some outlandish accusations maning a possible POI. If anyone has ever heard of Howard Stern, then you sould appriciate this test. I went into the live chat room where roughly 15- 20 people were talking about CPH and the drifter. I also wrote an e-mail to the site. (Posted 2 days later btw). I said there is a POI that was arrested in Uniondale, LI named Gray DelAbate. Gray DelAbate is the producer of the Howard Stern Radio Show, also known as Babba Booey. The crazies went , well, crazy. Until someone finally said it was just a goof. But they were like pit bulls. And if you google his name, you will see in less than 30 seconds it was a goof. But the crazies in the chat, bought it hook line and sinker. What I am getting at is, we need to focus and not react to the slightest hint of rumors, hersay and just plain lies. That being said. Babba Booey.

I hope I dont get a time out for this, but I did a test on another LISK page. Just to test what would happen if I made some outlandish accusations maning a possible POI. If anyone has ever heard of Howard Stern, then you sould appriciate this test. I went into the live chat room where roughly 15- 20 people were talking about CPH and the drifter. I also wrote an e-mail to the site. (Posted 2 days later btw). I said there is a POI that was arrested in Uniondale, LI named Gray DelAbate. Gray DelAbate is the producer of the Howard Stern Radio Show, also known as Babba Booey. The crazies went , well, crazy. Until someone finally said it was just a goof. But they were like pit bulls. And if you google his name, you will see in less than 30 seconds it was a goof. But the crazies in the chat, bought it hook line and sinker. What I am getting at is, we need to focus and not react to the slightest hint of rumors, hersay and just plain lies. That being said. Babba Booey.

:floorlaugh: that's gonna be my new phrase... Babby Booey.

2kmyp3.jpg

I'd love to get PB or Hawk's take on this.

I'd love to get PB or Hawk's take on this.

Nice job. In reality, the triangle would be a little bit distorted because he has to use roads, but it's still a nice approach. So, his real base of operations would be, IN MY OPINION, nearer to one of the interstates. Since Manorville is, IN MY OPINION, no cluster builder because he spread not only bodies but spread even parts of his victims all over the place, the relevant factor would be, IN MY OPINION, the geometrical shape, the most outlying victims form. That would give the triangle some kind of round nose to the East. Well it would, IN MY OPINION and by all laws of geometry. Which would point out the concentration of his motions along the traffic ways a little more. But basically, look at the left side of the triangle and you see, I-695 and I-895 are thw two big ways out of Queen and Bronx and heading via I-295 (did I get that right) to all places. So his motions have, IN MY OPINION, some kind of node in the area of Queens or a little East of it. That is, what forms the left upper corner of your triangle. Technically, that means, IN MY OPINION, we look at a kill site in that area. That is, what your map exercise really shows. Again, nice job.

Nice job. In reality, the triangle would be a little bit distorted because he has to use roads, but it's still a nice approach. So, his real base of operations would be, IN MY OPINION, nearer to one of the interstates. Since Manorville is, IN MY OPINION, no cluster builder because he spread not only bodies but spread even parts of his victims all over the place, the relevant factor would be, IN MY OPINION, the geometrical shape, the most outlying victims form. That would give the triangle some kind of round nose to the East. Well it would, IN MY OPINION and by all laws of geometry. Which would point out the concentration of his motions along the traffic ways a little more. But basically, look at the left side of the triangle and you see, I-695 and I-895 are thw two big ways out of Queen and Bronx and heading via I-295 (did I get that right) to all places. So his motions have, IN MY OPINION, some kind of node in the area of Queens or a little East of it. That is, what forms the left upper corner of your triangle. Technically, that means, IN MY OPINION, we look at a kill site in that area. That is, what your map exercise really shows. Again, nice job.

495 goes into the city and straight through the center of LI. I put the points of the triangle base where JT was last seen alive and where her torso was found. Would this tell you anything about the killer's location or kill site?

I should also ask, what points would you use?

495 goes into the city and straight through the center of LI. I put the points of the triangle base where JT was last seen alive and where her torso was found. Would this tell you anything about the killer's location or kill site?

Well, in fact, this is never a real triangle, because the killer can't drive as the crow flies, he has to use roads. But if you look, you see two big roads going out to the middle of your baseline and from there down to the islands and beaches. Both run almost parallel to your baseline. So we have on one side his hunting ground (left upper corner of the triangle) and on the other side the farthest extend of his body part spreading (right upper corner of that triangle). Usually, the killer lives somewhere in between, but since the most remains were found right of your constructed middle line, it's pretty clear that this is some kind of minimal distance for him. So, since he wouldn't have, IN MY OPINION (sorry have to do this or Foreigner jumps me again), his kill site near to this line, I would look for him somewhere in or a little east of Queens. You can make a little experiment: Draw a second triangle in (I would have to figure how to do that in Google), use the point, where JT was last seen, the right corner of your triangle and then a line from JT through the May 1, 2010 point and another one from where the remains were found through the April 20, 1996 point. Where the cross, this new triangle closes. Now, the 1996 point is not entirely accurate, those legs were washed ashore. But you see, where your first and your second triangle overlap in the left half, there would be the way, he would like to take out to drop bodies. No road there, so he has to go a little more South. And somewhere between the optimal line and the roads he actually uses, there is his kill site.

Well, in fact, this is never a real triangle, because the killer can't drive as the crow flies, he has to use roads. But if you look, you see two big roads going out to the middle of your baseline and from there down to the islands and beaches. Both run almost parallel to your baseline. So we have on one side his hunting ground (left upper corner of the triangle) and on the other side the farthest extend of his body part spreading (right upper corner of that triangle). Usually, the killer lives somewhere in between, but since the most remains were found right of your constructed middle line, it's pretty clear that this is some kind of minimal distance for him. So, since he wouldn't have, IN MY OPINION (sorry have to do this or Foreigner jumps me again), his kill site near to this line, I would look for him somewhere in or a little east of Queens. You can make a little experiment: Draw a second triangle in (I would have to figure how to do that in Google), use the point, where JT was last seen, the right corner of your triangle and then a line from JT through the May 1, 2010 point and another one from where the remains were found through the April 20, 1996 point. Where the cross, this new triangle closes. Now, the 1996 point is not entirely accurate, those legs were washed ashore. But you see, where your first and your second triangle overlap in the left half, there would be the way, he would like to take out to drop bodies. No road there, so he has to go a little more South. And somewhere between the optimal line and the roads he actually uses, there is his kill site.

ta da

Well, it's actually not new, but I was, lousy sketch artist as I am, for two years a few miles (somewhat about 3-5) off to the East. MysteryMom's sketch made me realize that point. Still, that area still includes probably a million buildings. So we need more to narrow it down. And I have not enough about Manorville to get anything to use for that narrowing down.

What I got from this is I now know I screwed up and realize if I only carried a triangle and a map with me I could have been NYPD's version of Sherlock Holmes. What difference does it make even if the triangle theory has some merit....there are several million people living in that area. Remember the old TV Detective Story, The Naked City? It started with 'there are 8 million stories in the naked city.'

I hear WALL-E's voice. All I can do is laugh

Sorry. Carry-on y'all

I'm so bad at this mapping thing... when I first looked at MM7's map up there... all I could focus on was the point in the water (where's that tug boat cap't)?? :D

I hear WALL-E's voice. All I can do is laugh

Sorry. Carry-on y'all

I'm so bad at this mapping thing... when I first looked at MM7's map up there... all I could focus on was the point in the water (where's that tug boat cap't)?? :D

:floorlaugh: to WALL-E and tug boat captain. Hehehe (Obviously I don't offend easily.)

Thanks, Hawk, for the vote of confidence. ;)

:floorlaugh: to WALL-E and tug boat captain. Hehehe (Obviously I don't offend easily.)

Thanks, Hawk, for the vote of confidence. ;)

I think you "got it" - I was making fun of myself NOT you nor your work!!

PS: I wanted to add a Wall-E "ta-da" sound clip but then I realized I'm already on the verge of inappropriate :)

I think you "got it" - I was making fun of myself NOT you nor your work!!

I think I'm pretty good at reading sarcasm, since I write it quite a bit, myself. ;) Tugboat captain... :floorlaugh: that's good stuff!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back