Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20...jIR_E.facebook

Video News Story at link above......

Heart Breaking family pleads for anyone to come forward with info

~
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Does anyone know which Mod I should contact about getting the title of this thread changed to include the victims name?

It just seems inappropriate to leave this as Unidentified Female since we now know her name

Would like to rename the thread:

MI-Sandra Lee Loepp (37)- Hit and Run - Macomb/Washington Twp.

TIA

~
    If you "alert" your post (red/white triangle), a mod on duty will respond to your request.

Thanks for posting about this unfortunate incident, Guinevere. I heard about it briefly last week but haven't paid much attention to local news since the Newtown shooting.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    If you "alert" your post (red/white triangle), a mod on duty will respond to your request.

Thanks for posting about this unfortunate incident, Guinevere. I heard about it briefly last week but haven't paid much attention to local news since the Newtown shooting.

Thank You BDE

The sister of the victim is local to me so this one hits us here locally.

~
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down

This story has the makings of a lifetime movie. If you look at her Facebook page and that of her circle of friends these are very affluent people. It appears she may have been a trophy wife. There is also scuttlebutt online about "swinging" within this circle of friends. The night in question has the husband Vernon leaving the bar without her. Why?! Then she leaves on foot at 1am and according to friends did not tell them she had no ride. They also claim Vern also didn't have a car. Why not? I think we can all assume there was alcohol and probably a fight of some sort involved here. I know the area very well where she was hit. I grew up there. She had quite a walk from the bar to her home and in December Michigan temps....it doesn't add up. Also why wasnt the husband out looking for her? She wasn't found until 8:30 am!! What was he doing? He didn't keep in contact with her? I'm not buying it.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KayKay72 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KayKay72 View Post
    This story has the makings of a lifetime movie. If you look at her Facebook page and that of her circle of friends these are very affluent people. It appears she may have been a trophy wife. There is also scuttlebutt online about "swinging" within this circle of friends. The night in question has the husband Vernon leaving the bar without her. Why?! Then she leaves on foot at 1am and according to friends did not tell them she had no ride. They also claim Vern also didn't have a car. Why not? I think we can all assume there was alcohol and probably a fight of some sort involved here. I know the area very well where she was hit. I grew up there. She had quite a walk from the bar to her home and in December Michigan temps....it doesn't add up. Also why wasnt the husband out looking for her? She wasn't found until 8:30 am!! What was he doing? He didn't keep in contact with her? I'm not buying it.
    Hi KayKay,

Many thoughts have been circling in my head also. You speak of a "scuttlebutt" where have you seen this info?

I was also curious as to why she had not been reported missing earlier and what had taken so long to identify her. Certainly someone had to notice she did not come home.

I used to live in that area myself but have since moved so I am also very familiar with the Affluences of some of the neighborhoods in the area.

~

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

What I'm hoping is a body shop in the metro area gets this car to work on and reports it, or a neighbor will see the car in a garage or driveway and report it.

As far as the temperature, it's been quite warm (warm for Michigan) lately, so it wouldn't have been too much of a hardship temperature-wise.

My brother lives in an affluent area and his car was repossessed (they can't really afford to still be living there but continue to do so), so he doesn't tell people he has no car and finds alternate transportation. Something similar might have occurred here. I can't answer about the husband, though--does seem hinky.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    What I'm hoping is a body shop in the metro area gets this car to work on and reports it, or a neighbor will see the car in a garage or driveway and report it.

As far as the temperature, it's been quite warm (warm for Michigan) lately, so it wouldn't have been too much of a hardship temperature-wise.

My brother lives in an affluent area and his car was repossessed (they can't really afford to still be living there but continue to do so), so he doesn't tell people he has no car and finds alternate transportation. Something similar might have occurred here. I can't answer about the husband, though--does seem hinky.
    I certainly hope your right michmi and someone calls with a lead! Just seems so wrong for her children and family to have to be left wondering. I noticed one of her sons has posed on an article, about age 16ish.

There is also an ex-husband involved in this equation.....

~

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post

It may be warmer than usual during the day but at 1am? It's cold. This girl seems a bit prissy to me to be walking home from a bar alone in the cold-if she had a clear head. That's why I suspect she was not just drunk but angry drunk.

Guinevere, without divulging who I am and who told me...I know someone who knows these people. That's all I will say. I know this doesn't exactly count for much. But this is the word/talk. I can't verify it. But it seems worth mentioning since this behavior has had murderous results in other cases.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KayKay72 For This Useful Post:

I hope they check the husband's car out before he has it fixed or gets rid of it....just in case.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    I hope they check the husband's car out before he has it fixed or gets rid of it....just in case.....

Reader it has been mentioned/rumored (no factual link) that her current husband does not own a vehicle at this time.

~

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Guinevere, without divulging who I am and who told me...I know someone who knows these people. That's all I will say. I know this doesn't exactly count for much. But this is the word/talk. I can't verify it. But it seems worth mentioning since this behavior has had murderous results in other cases.

Just thought I had read that the "scuttlebutt" was on-line (ie. available for public reading).

Thanks for clearing that up for me KayKay. I completely understand your position.

I do find quite a few things amiss with this story so my curiosity is high

~

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

This article contains a bit more detail surrounding the events of that night. It does mention the husband leaving early but no metion of weather or not he owns a vehicle, left with someone else etc.

Also metions the car parts recovered and how they will use them to identify the type of vehicle they are looking for.

Also interesting comments about her being left at the bar alone by DH and how he possibly could have overlooked her not Making it home ..... hmmmmm thats what I thought too!

Macomb Daily

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/2...ged#full_story

"She and her husband went out with another couple and some friends to eat at Santino’s on Saturday night. At some point, the husband decided to leave early and drove home. Loepp stayed behind and decided to walk home when the night was over."

"The car that hit her likely will have damage to the front end and passenger side. Evidence found at the scene is being analyzed to determine what type of vehicle it was."

~

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Just thought I had read that the "scuttlebutt" was on-line (ie. available for public reading).

Thanks for clearing that up for me KayKay. I completely understand your position.

I do find quite a few things amiss with this story so my curiosity is high

~
    It's both. Online and word of mouth amongst locals and friends of friends.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KayKay72 For This Useful Post:

It's both. On-line and word of mouth amongst locals and friends of friends.

I stumbled upon the comments your speaking of today on-line.

Regardless of the circumstances, whom ever hit then left this poor woman to die in a parking lot on the side of the road needs to be brought to justice!

I certainly hope LE is investigating all aspects and possible scenarios so that this family can get some type of closure on this horrific crime.

I google mapped all locations today. Bar, Home and Trailer park office.
    This was a near 4 mile walk for her to get home. Thats an awful long way at 1am in December! It appears she was almost half way home when she was struck

I don't want to post anyones address here but when I did locate the home it appears to be in a VERY nice neighborhod. Home value in the $350,000 - $400,000 range, and not listed for sale I may add.

I can not imagine that the DH does not have a car?

~
    Last edited by Guinevere; 12-18-2012 at 11:23 PM.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast