MI MI - Sandra Loepp, 37, Washington Twp, 16 Dec 2012

Guinevere

"We are blessed and cursed by our times"
Reaction score
Macomb County detectives investigating woman's body found in Washington Township

Body of woman found Sunday morning near Van Dyke and 28 Mile

Published On: Dec 16 2012 02:12:15 PM EST Updated On: Dec 16 2012 02:56:42 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...hip/-/1719418/17795852/-/m3mvn9z/-/index.html

"Her body was discovered Sunday morning at approximately 8:20 am, by a motorist who was traveling in the area of Van Dyke south of 28 Mile."

Female between 25-35 years of age.
5 feet 2 inches tall and around 120 lbs.
Wearing blue jeans, tan shirt, brown leather jacket, white scarf.

~

Oakland Press

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/12/16/news/local_news/doc50ce260ba9118401184589.txt

"The body of an unidentified white female that was found this morning in northern Macomb County may have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident, according to Macomb County Sheriff’s investigators."

“At this time we believe she was struck by a car,” said Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham. “Now we’d like to know who hit her.”

“Our first goal here is to get an identification and then we will move from there,” Wickersham said.

Wow, my cousins live up that way! It's a pretty decent area IIRC..

They said they didn't know if she was killed or it was a hit and run...that happened in Monroe last year - guy was walking along the shoulder of Monroe St and was hit by a car and thrown into a ditch.... Sad :(

I hope they are able to identify her and find out what happened :(

Woman found dead in Washington Township was struck, killed, dragged by car, police say

5:06 PM, December 17, 2012

http://www.freep.com/article/201212...county-washington-township-hit-and-run-victim

"The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office has identified a woman whose body was found in the parking lot of a Washington Township mobile home park and said today she apparently was struck by a car along Old Van Dyke and dragged to the spot where she was found.
The woman was identified as Sandra Lee Loepp, 37, of Washington Township, Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said in a release."

Police: Body found in Washington Township parking lot victim of hit-and-run

Sandra Lee Loepp, 37, found dead Sunday morning near Van Dyke, 28 Mile

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-run/-/1719418/17795852/-/yqspow/-/index.html

"Investigator say the woman's body may have been dislodged from the vehicle by the person who hit her."

"Investigators believe that the vehicle who hit and left Loepp will have damage to the front end as well as the passenger side."

"Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Macomb County Sheriffs Department at 586-469-5151."

RIP Ms. Loepp.
:rose:

I am so sorry and I hope she was not lying there suffering. While I can understand someone walking home from a bar at night might have been walking in the road, I cannot understand someone hitting her and not stopping.

For the life of me I can not understand how or why someone could not stop and get this woman help!

I certainly hope they are able to track down who did this!

The thought that she laid there possibly suffering is very sad :(

~

SandraLees FB Page

http://www.facebook.com/sandral117#!/sandral117

From a post on her sisters page It seems she was a great lady :(

"This is my sister, she was a wife and mother of 5 beautiful children. Please keep this going, someone has to have seen something.."

I also stumbled across some beautiful photos of her at a nieces wedding recently......

So very sad for her family, I pray the find justice and the person responsible :please:

~

Could it have been intentional? I think I mean planned to look like a hit and run. I can't believe a person would not know they'd hit someone like this.

That's crossed my mind too in the last few hours. So far there have been no reports of any suspects just the mention of LE looking for a car with damage to the front end.

As far as I can figure either intentional or a drunk driver who did not want to get caught.

Either way it is sad and and unfathomable that she was left there for lord knows how long laying in a parking lot :(

So very unfortunate that these poor children lost their mother in such a tragic way ..... and just before Christmas .....

The sister is pleading on her FB page for anyone with any info to contact LE and help bring the responsible party to justice.

~

~

http://shelby-utica.patch.com/artic...ccident-that-killed-washington-township-woman

Detectives are searching for a vehicle of unknown make and model that will likely will have damage to the front end as well as the passenger side.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 586-307-9412 or 1-800-SPEAKUP (Crime Stoppers). likely will have damage to the front end as well as the passenger side.

~

Mother of 5 found dead was a hit and run victim, sheriff says

wjbk-uekm-4526509-320x240.png
Dec 17, 2012 11:35 p.m.​

By Andrea Isom
Fox 2 News​

http://wjbk.m0bl.net/w/main/story/80803295/

"Early Sunday morning around 1:00 a.m., Loepp walked out of Santino's bar on Van Dyke near 27 Mile. She decided to call it a night after a nice evening out with some close friends, but they thought Loepp had a ride.

"I was with her all day and I was one of the last people she talked to until she left. We would've never let her walk, never," said friend Amanda Paduch.

"You've got to find who did this to her. It's not right. She didn't deserve this," said her mother."

~

Does anyone know which Mod I should contact about getting the title of this thread changed to include the victims name?

It just seems inappropriate to leave this as Unidentified Female since we now know her name :(

Would like to rename the thread:

MI-Sandra Lee Loepp (37)- Hit and Run - Macomb/Washington Twp.

TIA

~

Does anyone know which Mod I should contact about getting the title of this thread changed to include the victims name?

It just seems inappropriate to leave this as Unidentified Female since we now know her name :(

Would like to rename the thread:

MI-Sandra Lee Loepp (37)- Hit and Run - Macomb/Washington Twp.

TIA

~

If you "alert" your post (red/white triangle), a mod on duty will respond to your request.

Thanks for posting about this unfortunate incident, Guinevere. I heard about it briefly last week but haven't paid much attention to local news since the Newtown shooting.

If you "alert" your post (red/white triangle), a mod on duty will respond to your request.

Thanks for posting about this unfortunate incident, Guinevere. I heard about it briefly last week but haven't paid much attention to local news since the Newtown shooting.

Thank You BDE

The sister of the victim is local to me so this one hits us here locally.

~

This story has the makings of a lifetime movie. If you look at her Facebook page and that of her circle of friends these are very affluent people. It appears she may have been a trophy wife. There is also scuttlebutt online about "swinging" within this circle of friends. The night in question has the husband Vernon leaving the bar without her. Why?! Then she leaves on foot at 1am and according to friends did not tell them she had no ride. They also claim Vern also didn't have a car. Why not? I think we can all assume there was alcohol and probably a fight of some sort involved here. I know the area very well where she was hit. I grew up there. She had quite a walk from the bar to her home and in December Michigan temps....it doesn't add up. Also why wasnt the husband out looking for her? She wasn't found until 8:30 am!! What was he doing? He didn't keep in contact with her? I'm not buying it.

This story has the makings of a lifetime movie. If you look at her Facebook page and that of her circle of friends these are very affluent people. It appears she may have been a trophy wife. There is also scuttlebutt online about "swinging" within this circle of friends. The night in question has the husband Vernon leaving the bar without her. Why?! Then she leaves on foot at 1am and according to friends did not tell them she had no ride. They also claim Vern also didn't have a car. Why not? I think we can all assume there was alcohol and probably a fight of some sort involved here. I know the area very well where she was hit. I grew up there. She had quite a walk from the bar to her home and in December Michigan temps....it doesn't add up. Also why wasnt the husband out looking for her? She wasn't found until 8:30 am!! What was he doing? He didn't keep in contact with her? I'm not buying it.

Hi KayKay,

Many thoughts have been circling in my head also. You speak of a "scuttlebutt" where have you seen this info?

I was also curious as to why she had not been reported missing earlier and what had taken so long to identify her. Certainly someone had to notice she did not come home.

I used to live in that area myself but have since moved so I am also very familiar with the Affluences of some of the neighborhoods in the area.

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back