1058 users online (213 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,051 to 1,055 of 1055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronso View Post
    It's sad that's a mindset being instilled in our children. "I was bad, so I deserved to be hit."

No wonder so many women stay with abusive husbands/spouses.
    That is sooo funny.

They knew they were acting up and deseved a swat on the butt every now and then.

They are great children and they would beg to differ with you strongly. They will tell anyone they were never abused children but they were disciplined when needed which was rare. Never had one bruise on them from a swat on their butt with their clothing on.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Can we take the spanking debate to the parenting forum?

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here I go anyway. I think this tragedy has many ingredients. I've been trying to figure out if there is anything I can do on a day-to-day personal level to help change the environment I create where mental illness has a stigma - a stigma that stops people from getting help for themselves or their family members.

My family has a history of depression. I'll never forget hearing about my father finding my grandfather huddled in a corner, crying and unable to get up due to severe depression or the years my father spent in an orphanage with nuns for daycare while my grandfather worked and my grandmother was in a facility getting help.

From this point on, I am not going to make light of mental illness. How, you ask? I'm not going to call things 'crazy' or say someone is 'not playing with a full deck' and all the other cliches. I think I am seeing this in a new light where these terms and phrases belittle and mock people who are ill which really is a form of bullying. Bullying people by shaming them about something they can't fix without help.

It's now one of my New Year's Resolutions that I am starting early.

Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193786"]Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Is there a phone number or contact to report people who are impersonating family members of the suspects and victims' family members i.e. trolls? I want to haul one in.
    Newtown Police

http://www.newtown-ct.gov/public_doc...t_police/index
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71