GA - Destiny Ashe, 5 wks, shaken to death, Atlanta, 16 Dec 1998

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wsav.com/servlet/Satelli...c=MGArticle&cid=1031780750989&path=!frontpage

Printer-Friendly Version
Email This Story

Woman Ordered Sterilized After Pleading Guilty in Daughter's Death
Associated Press
Thursday, February 10, 2005
>>Advertisement<<

A judge in Georgia wants to make sure that a woman can't have more children. So he's ordered her to get sterilized.

Carisa Ashe pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the death of her five-week-old daughter. She could have faced life in prison if convicted.

As a condition of her sentence, she has 90 days to get a tubal ligation or prosecutors can reinstate the murder charge.

A woman accused of killing her newborn was given the option of undergoing sterilization and 5 years probation, or facing a prison sentence for 2nd degree murder of her baby. The woman's name was Ashe, and she has 5 or 6 other children all farmed out to relatives or in foster care. (Heard it on TV, sorry, can't find a link)

There are critics on both sides. NOW claims the court has no right to impose a sentence on her body, while other critics say she is getting off too light and should serve time.

Personally, I think that any parental child abuse should result in mandatory sterilization. I don't she where the Constitution protects the right to bear children, if those children are in harms way because of the parental actions. Women who are breeding machines and keep churning out babies while on drugs, or who starve or beat their children senseless should lose their ability to bring more unfortunate souls into their sick world. The same applies to men! I don't care if these so-called parents are mentally ill or not. Don't let them continue to harm the innocent bi-products of their irresponsible behavior. :furious:

Pepper said:
A woman accused of killing her newborn was given the option of undergoing sterilization and 5 years probation, or facing a prison sentence for 2nd degree murder of her baby. The woman's name was Ashe, and she has 5 or 6 other children all farmed out to relatives or in foster care. (Heard it on TV, sorry, can't find a link)

There are critics on both sides. NOW claims the court has no right to impose a sentence on her body, while other critics say she is getting off too light and should serve time.

Personally, I think that any parental child abuse should result in mandatory sterilization. I don't she where the Constitution protects the right to bear children, if those children are in harms way because of the parental actions. Women who are breeding machines and keep churning out babies while on drugs, or who starve or beat their children senseless should lose their ability to bring more unfortunate souls into their sick world. The same applies to men! I don't care if these so-called parents are mentally ill or not. Don't let them continue to harm the innocent bi-products of their irresponsible behavior. :furious:

I was just getting ready to post this. It happened in Alanta, Georgia and they mention another case in Louisiana. Mom was in agreement with the plea, she was suffering from post-partum depression, and had no previous history of abuse. Here is the link:

http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/auto/epaper/editions/thursday/news_24b0716482a5c1680067.html

Interesting.

Perhaps they should offer lighter sentences to rapists who would agree to being surgically castrated?

Maybe So said:
Interesting.

Perhaps they should offer lighter sentences to rapists who would agree to being surgically castrated?

But that wouldnt stop them from raping again. You can castrate a dog, but it will still try to breed a female. Castration doesnt stop the urge.

Timex said:
But that wouldnt stop them from raping again. You can castrate a dog, but it will still try to breed a female. Castration doesnt stop the urge.

Thank you.
Rape is not about sex.Its about power,control and humilation.Many rapists even have "problems" and cant get an erection.They are some of the most dangerous.
Also look at the pedos' who agree to castration but then are caught re-offending.

I myself think some people shouldnt be allowed to breed but I know the ACLU disagrees!

I started a thread about this at http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19431

I think that mandatory sterilization should be imposed anytime a parent is convicted of serious child abuse to their own child. If you murder or permanently injury your child, you should not have the right to bear another, period! (Male or female).

I agree with court ordered sterilization in ADDITION to the original sentence. These breeding machines who harm or cannot care for their young have no right to give birth to them. I live in beautiful New York State and we have a mess of breeding machines here and I mean a MESS. Is that the same ACLU that defends NAMBLA?

max said:
......... Is that the same ACLU that defends NAMBLA?
Is there any other!!

ACLU - Attorneys for Criminal Liberation United

Tybee, The Judge that ordered this is the one who was killed in Atlanta yesterday. What a shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back