824 users online (163 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Parent of student says Northside ISD is the Antichrist

Parent says Northside ISD is the Antichrist (San Antonio Express-News)
    Because she has religious objections to John Jay High School's new student tracking system, sophomore Andrea Hernandez and her father testified this morning in federal court that she should not be transferred to another school for refusing to carry a student I.D. badge.

Hernandez, 15, a sophomore at a science and engineering magnet program at Jay, and her father, Steven Hernandez, both testified that they believed the school's radio frequency identification system was a sign of the Antichrist described in the biblical Book of Revelation.
    ---
    the rest of the story is at the link above

But wearing it would be tantamount to “accepting the Mark of the Beast,” which Revelation predicted the Antichrist would attempt to make people do, both Andrea and her father testified.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/edu...#ixzz2FLfIUvkL

Wouldn't it be a good thing to transfer to a different school if everybody else in that school has accepted the Mark of the Beast?

Seems to be between accepting "the Mark of the Beast" and getting her interface web designer classes at John Jay, or rejecting "the Antichrist" and transferring to Taft.

As Shaquille O'Neal graduated from John Jay, I'd stick with the Beast. And the classes.

But who knows if any of the stuff the Antichrist school district teaches you is even true?

Yes. She could in fact wind up interfacing.......with Satan.

What the hell do you talk about in the school cafeteria with your friends who are all Antichrist disciples? (pun intended)

Big tennis tournament next month versus Beelzebub High?

“Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of their religious beliefs, it just sounds so surreal to me. My school is the Antichrist but I wanna go!

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of their religious beliefs, it just sounds so surreal to me. My school is the Antichrist but I wanna go!
    Yes, you should. They have freedom of religion. We have freedom of ridicule (satire is a protected form of speech per Supreme Court) to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Descisions, decisions.....so she chooses the devil in a blue dress?

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Yes, you should. They have freedom of religion. We have freedom of ridicule (satire is a protected form of speech per Supreme Court) to counter it.
    If it is okay to ridicule religion then it must be okay to ridicule gays, other races and ethnic groups? Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    If it is okay to ridicule religion then it must be okay to ridicule gays, other races and ethnic groups? Do you agree?
    If they believe anything as stupid as their principal is the Antichrist, then by all means, mock away.

"Okay" is a vague word. I said we not only have the right but the obligation to mock nonsensical beliefs. That's not the same thing as mocking somebody for an immutable trait they did not choose.

Now, personally, I don't think Christianity is per se ridiculous, so, no, I don't go around ridiculing Christians as a general rule. But since I was raised in a conservative Evangelical denomination, the belief systems of some Protestants have gotten more and more ridiculous.

We all ought to stand up and say so. Silly ideas do not deserve respect just because they deal in magic.

There was an article about the student a month or so ago in the Express-News. I didn't post that as a thread as she's a minor and thus should not be subject to ridicule.

But when the parent stepped forward one could see the adult basis for the ludicrosity.

I remember when those sorts decided that the bar code was The Mark of the Beast and spread their tales of Antichrist. Their version of being "tech-savvy" appears to be to up the ante.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Parent says Northside ISD is the Antichrist (San Antonio Express-News)

the rest of the story is at the link above

From the story above-

After Andrea refused Northside's offer to remove the RFID chip from her badge, the district ordered her transferred to Taft High School, her regular neighborhood campus. Northside officials said Monday she will be allowed to finish the fall semester at Jay regardless of Garcia's ruling.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/edu...#ixzz2FNJhgKIe

I'm sorry they have offered to remove the RFID chip and Dad is still not happy? Am I missing something here? What's going to happen when college requires anID?

I personally don't like the RFID chip but have no problems with an ID badge at all.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast