TX - Parent of student says Northside ISD is the Antichrist

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Parent says Northside ISD is the Antichrist (San Antonio Express-News)
Because she has religious objections to John Jay High School's new student tracking system, sophomore Andrea Hernandez and her father testified this morning in federal court that she should not be transferred to another school for refusing to carry a student I.D. badge.

Hernandez, 15, a sophomore at a science and engineering magnet program at Jay, and her father, Steven Hernandez, both testified that they believed the school's radio frequency identification system was a sign of the Antichrist described in the biblical Book of Revelation.
---
the rest of the story is at the link above

But wearing it would be tantamount to “accepting the Mark of the Beast,” which Revelation predicted the Antichrist would attempt to make people do, both Andrea and her father testified.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ed...D-is-the-Antichrist-4124059.php#ixzz2FLfIUvkL

Wouldn't it be a good thing to transfer to a different school if everybody else in that school has accepted the Mark of the Beast?

Seems to be between accepting "the Mark of the Beast" and getting her interface web designer classes at John Jay, or rejecting "the Antichrist" and transferring to Taft.

As Shaquille O'Neal graduated from John Jay, I'd stick with the Beast. And the classes.

But who knows if any of the stuff the Antichrist school district teaches you is even true?

Yes. She could in fact wind up interfacing.......with Satan.

What the hell do you talk about in the school cafeteria with your friends who are all Antichrist disciples? (pun intended)

Big tennis tournament next month versus Beelzebub High?

Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of their religious beliefs, it just sounds so surreal to me. My school is the Antichrist but I wanna go!

Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of their religious beliefs, it just sounds so surreal to me. My school is the Antichrist but I wanna go!

Yes, you should. They have freedom of religion. We have freedom of ridicule (satire is a protected form of speech per Supreme Court) to counter it.

Descisions, decisions.....so she chooses the devil in a blue dress?

Yes, you should. They have freedom of religion. We have freedom of ridicule (satire is a protected form of speech per Supreme Court) to counter it.

If it is okay to ridicule religion then it must be okay to ridicule gays, other races and ethnic groups? Do you agree?

If it is okay to ridicule religion then it must be okay to ridicule gays, other races and ethnic groups? Do you agree?

If they believe anything as stupid as their principal is the Antichrist, then by all means, mock away.

"Okay" is a vague word. I said we not only have the right but the obligation to mock nonsensical beliefs. That's not the same thing as mocking somebody for an immutable trait they did not choose.

Now, personally, I don't think Christianity is per se ridiculous, so, no, I don't go around ridiculing Christians as a general rule. But since I was raised in a conservative Evangelical denomination, the belief systems of some Protestants have gotten more and more ridiculous.

We all ought to stand up and say so. Silly ideas do not deserve respect just because they deal in magic.

There was an article about the student a month or so ago in the Express-News. I didn't post that as a thread as she's a minor and thus should not be subject to ridicule.

But when the parent stepped forward one could see the adult basis for the ludicrosity.

I remember when those sorts decided that the bar code was The Mark of the Beast and spread their tales of Antichrist. Their version of being "tech-savvy" appears to be to up the ante.

Parent says Northside ISD is the Antichrist (San Antonio Express-News)

the rest of the story is at the link above

From the story above-

After Andrea refused Northside's offer to remove the RFID chip from her badge, the district ordered her transferred to Taft High School, her regular neighborhood campus. Northside officials said Monday she will be allowed to finish the fall semester at Jay regardless of Garcia's ruling.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ed...ourt-hears-I-D-case-4124059.php#ixzz2FNJhgKIe

I'm sorry they have offered to remove the RFID chip and Dad is still not happy? Am I missing something here? What's going to happen when college requires anID?

I personally don't like the RFID chip but have no problems with an ID badge at all.

Yes. She could in fact wind up interfacing.......with Satan.

Great. Now I have Dana Carvey's SNL character voice ringing in my head :great:

I've driven by JJHS at times when kids should have been in class and have seen streams of them leaving campus to go elsewhere. The chip addresses a real concern.

Yep. Just ask Larry Flint

I've driven by JJHS at times when kids should have been in class and have seen streams of them leaving campus to go elsewhere. The chip addresses a real concern.

But why couldn't the student just take the whole thing off leave it behind run to McDonalds and be right back none the wiser?

When my son was in High School they had a guard stationed at the only exit and entrance to the school-the only ones allowed to exit were the work release kids and the ones with excused releases. Believe me, Mr. Grady could not be fooled and if there was a question there was a call made to the office. He turned my son around more than once LOL.

But why couldn't the student just take the whole thing off leave it behind run to McDonalds and be right back none the wiser?

When my son was in High School they had a guard stationed at the only exit and entrance to the school-the only ones allowed to exit were the work release kids and the ones with excused releases. Believe me, Mr. Grady could not be fooled and if there was a question there was a call made to the office. He turned my son around more than once LOL.
Didn't say the chip was the perfect solution, just that it addressed a real concern. School guards cost money and JJHS didn't really get a lot of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back