1019 users online (164 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newborn Baby Tossed Out Car Window

NORTH LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Florida police say a newborn baby who was tossed out of a car window onto a street is in critical condition.

Authorities in North Lauderdale said they believe the boy was only hours old.

A car sped off after the child was tossed out. The boy was rescued by a woman passing by in her car.

The infant was taken to a nearby a nearby sheriff's office and then by helicopter to a hospital. Authorities said the baby boy was doing remarkably well.

A sheriff's spokesman said, "We're hopeful that he'll recover."
    Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Horrible....I hope they catch the scum who did this!! I also pray that this little man will recover and find adoptive parents who will cherish him.

I heard on the news this AM that his condition has been upgraded to serious from critical. It appears that Fla. does have a Safe Haven law, so the person who threw away this baby DID have other easy options. Police are looking for the persons who threw him away.

This is terrible, but my first thought when I heard where it happened was that I hoped Brownard County doesn't lose him.

I hope he is able to find a safe and happy home. They showed a picture of him on the news this AM and he is a beautiful baby.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

GatorMom is offline If you want something done right, get a couple of old broads to do it. -Bette Davis
    32 Miles from the Orange County FL courthouse
    Yes, Florida has a Safe Haven law. They could have left him anywhere, a church, a fire station, at a hospital and it would have been ok.

I don't understand this at all. There are so many evil people in this world.

They found the mother

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...newborn_tossed

"It is my belief ... that this person is the birth mother of the child," Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne told reporters.

The sheriff also said that the interview with the unidentified woman "puts a whole new light on this story" but he gave no specifics. A news conference was planned for later in the day to provide more details.

"We do believe at this point ... that we will soon have an admission to the birth of the child," Jenne said.

How sad !! I don't understand these women - they have many other options, but yet they choose to harm an innocent baby....

I hope he makes a full recovery and finds a loving, stable home.

Craziness! why not just make it easy on yourself and quietly leave your baby on a doorstep, hospital, fire station? etc... why throw the baby on the street??? it just makes no sense??

There may be more that meets the eye to this story.

"The sheriff also said that the interview with the unidentified woman "puts a whole new light on this story" but he gave no specifics. A news conference was planned for later in the day to provide more details."

Witness stated that a man and woman were arguing in the car.
    Maybe the mother was trying to prevent someone from doing this to her child ...

MSNBC has been reporting on this. They just said that the mother wasn't even in the car.

News conference coming up shortly.. The baby is just beautiful! Reminds me of my son when he was born with that blonde hair.

The sherriff told a reporter that people will be very surprised when the details come out.
    Oh the reporter is retracting that statement about the mother not being in the car.. he really doesn't know.

Intrestingly, they are still asking for people to call the police if they know the identity of the baby and/or his parents.

They are waiting for LE to begin the conference.

The good samaritan was the baby's mother. She came up with an elaborate story in order to turn the baby over to the authorities rather than just leave him at the fire dept.

Wow he's an absolutely beautiful baby!
    I love fat babies. I just want to smother him with kisses!

Good samaritan is the mother. Story about baby being thrown from the car is false. She had the baby at home and took the baby to the police station and saw a couple arguing while on the way and made up the whole story.

She is in a hospital now commited under the Baker Act by police. They will be taking her 10 year old daughter away from her as well. Conference is still going on.

The baby was never thrown out of the car. The mother of the baby was the woman that actually brought the baby in! She didn't want the baby, so she made up the story.

She had planned to take him to the firestation, but saw a couple fighting in a car and made up this story. Had learned she was pregnant a few months ago. Kept it a secret and went into labor on Thursday. She gave birth at home in her bathroom.

She's been taken to a psychriactic hospital. She has a 10 yr. old son as well but didn't want this baby. Both children will probably be going into child protective services.

At this point will probably only be charged with making up the story.

Awwww, thousands of people have called asking what they could do to help. There's a dependency hearing going on now, looking to see if the child could be placed with someone. The father of the child has not been made known, the mother refuses to give his name.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Wow he's an absolutely beautiful baby!
    I love fat babies. I just want to smother him with kisses!
    I know golfmom! If I had the means and was a tad bit younger I wouldn't mind adopting him myself!

They are saying that part of the reason she made up the story was because she was embarrassed and didn't want her family to know.

It's kind of touching to see how sensitive this sheriff is towards the mother.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast