http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Help-Find-Missing-Adult-183834181.html

Posted: Mon 2:54 PM, Dec 17, 2012A
Updated: Mon 3:09 PM, Dec 17, 2012

Help Find Missing Adult

missing_man_marten.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OmahaPoliceDepartment?group_id=0

Omaha Police Department
December 17

Missing Adult - James Marten, 49-year-old white male, 5 feet 11 inches tall, 190 pounds, brown/gray hair and blue eyes. Marten's vehicle was located in a parking lot by the Omaha Riverfront near Rick's Boatyard. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please call police at (402) 444-5818.

https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/MissingPersons/

MARTEN, JAMES E

Age When Missing: 49
Current Age: 49
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11
Weight: 190
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Blue
Missing Date: 12-10-2012

Classification: MISSING PERSON

Description: JAMES is a 49 year old White male. At the time of his disappearance, he was 5'11" tall and weighed 190 lbs. He has grey hair and blue eyes.

Remarks: n/a

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this missing person, please contact one of the phone numbers listed below.

OMAHA PD
402 444-5818

Or

The Nebraska Missing Persons Information Clearinghouse can be reached at
402-479-4986 in the Lincoln Metro Area or
Toll free 1-877-441-LOST (1-877-441-5678) Outside the Lincoln Metro Area.

Wow!

I wish there was more information...

Who did he live with... What was his demeanor before he disappeared...

Wife?

significant other?

JMO

News Radio

1110 KFAB

"Help Sought in Missing Man Case"

Quote:

"Omaha Police say Marten has a history of depression."

I am reading the storm thread here on WS... and am seeing that there have been white-out conditions... And power outages.... in Omaha, NE...

I hope James Marten is somewhere safe and warm! :please:

There is a Rick's Boatyard here in Indy and it is a restaurant.

Yes... When I googled Rick's Boatyard in Omaha, NE.... I found a nice restaurant... I wonder if he met someone there.. And things went south?

I wish there was more MSM... And ANY family announcements!

My mother works with his wife. She has been off work since he went missing. There is a history of depression.

My mother works with his wife. She has been off work since he went missing. There is a history of depression.

Oh My!

Thank you for the information regarding your mom working with James' wife... I can only imagine that his wife must be paralyzed with worry!

Articles report that James has a history of depression...

does his wife have any clues to where he may have gone?

Thanks, again!:seeya:

:welcome4: Raindownonme! :wagon:

Your local information is so appreciated!:seeya:

Bumping
No Updates :(

Sad to see the number of people that go missing around the holiday's that are depressed.
Somewhere the holidays have turned into gifts. When should be about family and friends and spending time together.

Very Sad

Bumping
No Updates :(

Sad to see the number of people that go missing around the holiday's that are depressed.
Somewhere the holidays have turned into gifts. When should be about family and friends and spending time together.

Very Sad

Thank you, Davia!

I saw James' thread on my subscription page... And was so hoping for good news!

I hope James comes home to his family soon!

:praying:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130112/NEWS/701139879/1685

PUBLISHED SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2013 AT 2:00 PM / UPDATED AT 3:13 PM
By Haley Dover
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Multiple ATVs and two search and rescue dogs led the way Saturday in a riverfront search for a missing Omaha man.

<snipped>
To help with search efforts, the family is holding a pasta dinner fundraiser Jan. 25 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at St. Leo’s Catholic Church in Omaha.

I hope this family finds some clues...

I feel for James... Depression can be so debilitating...

:please:

As far as I can find, there has been no progress on locating Mr. Marten. It is a terribly sad situation for the family. Rick's boatyard in Omaha is closed and has been for several weeks. This is the same location that a missing woman, Jennifer Anderson's car was found in 2010. So far Ms. Anderson has never been located.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/88256192.html?ref=192

As far as I can find, there has been no progress on locating Mr. Marten. It is a terribly sad situation for the family. Rick's boatyard in Omaha is closed and has been for several weeks. This is the same location that a missing woman, Jennifer Anderson's car was found in 2010. So far Ms. Anderson has never been located.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/88256192.html?ref=192

Wow! I was not aware of another disappearance of a person with a car found in the same location...

:(

Jim is married with 2 kids. After losing his job several months ago, he started drinking again. The family is holding a pasta dinner fundraiser at ST. Leo Catholic Church in Omaha on Jan. 25 to help with search efforts.

Jim was last seen wearing black sweat pants, navy jacket and white tennis shoes. US ATV Search and Rescue had 15 members search along the Missouri River near Rick's Boatyard where his car was found.

Jim is married with 2 kids. After losing his job several months ago, he started drinking again. The family is holding a pasta dinner fundraiser at ST. Leo Catholic Church in Omaha on Jan. 25 to help with search efforts.

Jim was last seen wearing black sweat pants, navy jacket and white tennis shoes. US ATV Search and Rescue had 15 members search along the Missouri River near Rick's Boatyard where his car was found.

:welcome: Storm Chaser! :wagon:

And thank you for the information...

I hope he is found soon...

Does anyone know why Rick's Boatyard in Omaha, Nebraska, was closed?

TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back