Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue the discussion here:

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...-connecticut-elementary-school/#ixzz2F3id8S00

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread#5

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Of...own-Victims-in-School-Massacre-183652041.html
Officials Release Names of Newtown Victims in School Massacre

Children:
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Aveille Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6

Adults:
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Rachel Davino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27

matou

Is there a phone number or contact to report people who are impersonating family members of the suspects and victims' family members i.e. trolls? I want to haul one in.

Here is some contact info matou:

STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Emergency Services &
Public Protection
Connecticut State Police

Public Information Office
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457

860-685-8230
DESPP.Feedback
Reuben Bradford
Commissioner Colonel Danny R. Stebbins
Deputy Commissioner
Division of State Police

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=515562&A=4226

Or just click the "contact us" link at the top of the page.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/police-find-no-evidence-connecticut-gunman-was-on-medication/

Police have found no evidence that the troubled gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in a Connecticut elementary school was being treated with any drugs that might have tamed the mental illness that authorities believe drove his murderous rage, according to a report.

bbm

<<Authorities armed with search warrants are still working to obtain medical records, according to the report. Lanza's parents told friends and divorce mediators that the 20-year-old had Asperger's syndrome, a form of high-functioning autism, but it was unclear if he had ever been formally diagnosed.<<

[FONT=&quot]Re reports that NL was searching for a college for AL and stated she would move nearby:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wonder if NL really had plans to commit or convince AL to self-commit to a facility and NL would move to the area?? Perhaps NL had just broached the topic with AL? Or, AL somehow discovered NL&#8217;s true plans?? JMHO
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wasn&#8217;t Seattle mentioned and some other place? Are there excellent care facilities for patients with Aspergers or Schizophrenia there? TIA[/FONT]

In the last thread there was some discussion about which children (angels) were in which classroom.

I found this class picture on the daily mail online website here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...school-picture-graders-gunned-Adam-Lanza.html

According to the article, this would be Ms. Rousseau's class. In the article it says Emilie Parkers father confirmed she was absent the day of that photo. There is one unidentified girl in the middle of the photo. If news reports are correct, It is possible this is the girl who told her mother that she was alive but all her friends were dead. If that is correct then there would be 15 victims from this class and one survivor. 16 students total in that class. So the children in Ms. Rousseau's class would be

Catherine Hubbard
Ana Marquez-Greene
James Mattioli
Grace McDonnell
Josephine Gay
Madeline Hsu
Chase Kowalski
Jack Pinto
Noah Pozner
Jessica Rekos
Daniel Barden
Charlotte Bacon
Benjamin Wheeler
Caroline Previdi
Emilie Parker

That would leave these 5 children to be from Ms. Soto's class

Avielle Richman
Allison Wyatt
Olivia Engel
Jesse Lewis
Dylan Hockley

If we take the reports that 7 were found surviving in the closet and 6 escaped by running, then that would make a total of 18 in this class.

Also, I've read articles that Dylan Hockley was found in therapist Anne Marie Murphy's arms. Which would put her in Ms. Soto's classroom.

I'm sorry if anyone finds this off topic but I've just been so consumed with thinking about these beautiful victims and have wanted to devour any information I could in regards to them.

Thanks all xoxo, I sent info to the Chief of Police in Newtown but I wish I could find a place for these specific issues, I'm sure he has better things to do than deal with these losers.

Rather than the medical records - I'm more interested in his educational records - the ones from when he was in elementary and middle school. I believe there is a wealth of information contained in those. Anecdotals from his teachers, test scores, anecdotals from guidance/pshycologists, notes from principals, etc. etc.

IIRC NL's SIL had said that NL didn't agree with the school district and pulled him out to homeschool him. There will be records of that as well and that should contain a statement from NL on the how's, where's and why-fors. Much less, IF a liason teacher had visited or met with them concerning his progress.

What all that tells me is that NL had her own opinion of what her child needed and that if someone disagreed with her - she would go elsewhere.

Is that a bad thing? No, not necessarily - we simply don't have enough info. But those school records will shed a bunch of light on that situation.

One question, for me, that all this leads to is NL had her idea of what her child needed - but did she convey that idea (or "poo-poo" others' ideas) in front of or even discussing with AL? Sadly, we may never know the dynamic between this mother and son - but I strongly believe that dynamic played a HUGE HUGE roll in this tragedy.

JMHO

I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing

@stmarysmead - Thank you, thank you, thank you for your excellent post!!! I entirely agree!

stmarysmead posted at the end of the last thread, post #1000:

These violent games are not and should not be "child's games." They should not be the "babysitter" for troubled, angry youth or persons with mental disorders. If, night after night, a troubled mind finds its "glory", its sense of recognition, its sense of power...in a fantasy world where killing makes you a winner...these games are teaching and reinforcing violence as the ultimate accomplishment.

Someone like Adam must have had few experiences that made him feel like the success his Dad and his brother were...but we may well find out that these fantasy games provided that "rush."

The glorification of violence in our society...in games, television, and movies...absolutely needs to be addressed in our national conversation. When the imaginary tough guy shoots up the place, corner his enemies, and destroys..that's the end of it, right. Ding! Ding! Ding! You are a WINNER! Are our children shown any AFTERMATH to violence? No, these "enemies" have no grieving parents, no heart wrenching funerals. We teach destruction , not empathy. We applaud power, not compassion.

By all means, lets talk about guns. But lets also talk about the glorification of violence so pervasive today. Hollywood, the game creators, etc. should not get to just stand and shake their heads like its all about something else.BOTH sides of pur political spectrum needs to confront their generous donors. It is truly morally appalling not to look at the ENTIRE picture.

Unfortunately, some of our vulnerable children become, to a great extent, what our culture tells them is admired. They may treat women like the guys on Jersey Shore; they may talk trash to strangers like the smart-mouthed teenagers on sit-coms; they may pick up profanity from their "music"; and they may learn to be numb to violence by its pervasiveness. You learn a language by videos that immerse you; you can certainly learn an apathy to violence, death, destruction too.

Not every child , no. But IMO the most outcast are the most vulnerable. Because they are lonely and alone. And, the violent world of these games become their world, their special place where they are powerful and in charge. Why are we surprised when their fantasy world...that fantasy place where they feel GOOD...spills over into reality...and becomes OUR nightmare?

Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox:

His theory is that the shooter followed the Colorado movie theater/Holmes case and studied it closely...that's what he thinks the computer will show. He was asked if he (Wheeler) had been given that info, or whether it was his theory, and he clarified it was only his thoughts on what the shooter might have been researching on the computer.

He thinks the school was chosen because that's where a large gathering of young children would be on a Friday morning, causing great impact, which the shooter wanted.

His belief is this shooter was methodical in his planning.

Just passing along what Wheeler is suggesting at this time.

- - - -
I'm still stumped by what LE was doing, responding to the mom's house last night, in a hurry...and that kept them there for over 2 hours, if what was reported was true. Hmmmm. Anyone heard more about that this morning?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/police-find-no-evidence-connecticut-gunman-was-on-medication/

Police have found no evidence that the troubled gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in a Connecticut elementary school was being treated with any drugs that might have tamed the mental illness that authorities believe drove his murderous rage, according to a report.

bbm

Additional sourcing on the "no meds" information:

NEWTOWN -- Investigators seized cellphones, computers and computer games during a search of mass murderer Adam Lanza's home -- but found no evidence that he was being treated with any drugs prescribed for mental illness, a source told Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

Investigators are using search warrants to get medical records to determine if Lanza was being treated for a medical or psychiatric ailment, and what, if anything, was prescribed, the source said.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article...nic-evidence-but-no-4125717.php#ixzz2FQ0XrJzd

The Fox News article links back to this CT Post article as the "report."

I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing
Newtown's only undertaker opens up about the 'week from hell' (NY Daily News)

Not the greatest article I've ever read but does give a nod to the overwhelming burden of the situation.

It's just a little sad that there are thousands of popular video games that deal with killing and shooting and destroying and practically none that I can think of that you can win by displaying altruistic, prosocial behaviors, cooperating with others to help people in need and being considerate of others.

Have AL and NL's bodies been claimed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail