1404 users online (218 members and 1186 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox:

His theory is that the shooter followed the Colorado movie theater/Holmes case and studied it closely...that's what he thinks the computer will show. He was asked if he (Wheeler) had been given that info, or whether it was his theory, and he clarified it was only his thoughts on what the shooter might have been researching on the computer.

He thinks the school was chosen because that's where a large gathering of young children would be on a Friday morning, causing great impact, which the shooter wanted.

His belief is this shooter was methodical in his planning.

Just passing along what Wheeler is suggesting at this time.

- - - -
    I'm still stumped by what LE was doing, responding to the mom's house last night, in a hurry...and that kept them there for over 2 hours, if what was reported was true. Hmmmm. Anyone heard more about that this morning?
    Love you, Littlest Little!

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18...on-medication/

Police have found no evidence that the troubled gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in a Connecticut elementary school was being treated with any drugs that might have tamed the mental illness that authorities believe drove his murderous rage, according to a report.

bbm
    Additional sourcing on the "no meds" information:

NEWTOWN -- Investigators seized cellphones, computers and computer games during a search of mass murderer Adam Lanza's home -- but found no evidence that he was being treated with any drugs prescribed for mental illness, a source told Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

Investigators are using search warrants to get medical records to determine if Lanza was being treated for a medical or psychiatric ailment, and what, if anything, was prescribed, the source said.
    http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...#ixzz2FQ0XrJzd

The Fox News article links back to this CT Post article as the "report."

Quote Originally Posted by TDEAN30 View Post
    I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing
    Newtown's only undertaker opens up about the 'week from hell' (NY Daily News)

Not the greatest article I've ever read but does give a nod to the overwhelming burden of the situation.
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

It's just a little sad that there are thousands of popular video games that deal with killing and shooting and destroying and practically none that I can think of that you can win by displaying altruistic, prosocial behaviors, cooperating with others to help people in need and being considerate of others.

Have AL and NL's bodies been claimed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    There was a link in the previous thread that said the coroner still needs them for a week or so.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    DD - me to about the house last night. I still kinda think that maybe they found a panic/safe room or hidden storage room or hidden wall/floor safe - something along those lines. And that the 2 hours was what they needed to search, catalog, document - whatever it was that was in there.

IF (BIG IF - and JMHO) she was a prepper - I have wondered about gold, silver, precious metals. I know a lot - I mean A LOT and most all of them definitely NOT preppers that have taken to investing in gold and have had hidden safes installed to keep it. So who knows? But, yes that rushed trip back to the house last night was very very intriguing.................

JMHO

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Classes resuming in Newtown, minus Sandy Hook

By DAVID KLEPPER and MICHAEL MELIA, AP
    16 minutes ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. — With security stepped up and families still on edge in Newtown, students began returning to school Tuesday for the first time since last week's massacre, bringing a return of familiar routines — at least, for some — to a grief-stricken town as it buries 20 of its children.

One 6-year-old boy's funeral was under way Tuesday morning, and two other 6-year-old boys were laid to rest Monday in the first of a long, almost unbearable procession of funerals. A total of 26 people were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S history.

Classes resume Tuesday for Newtown schools except those at Sandy Hook. At Newtown High School, students in sweatshirts and jackets, many wearing headphones, betrayed mixed emotions. Some waved at or snapped photos of the assembled media horde, and others appeared visibly shaken...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...cid=hero_media

I posted this on the memorial thread but hope its ok to share it here also

Tribute from The Voice last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-SeK...&feature=share
    Last edited by KateB; 06-19-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: removed embed tags-no media

I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2317120.html

A Texas woman, whose 2-year-old daughter recently died of cancer, offered to pay for the caskets for all 26 victims killed on Friday, KWWL reports.

The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association, a group that represents 220 funeral homes in the state, got together to figure out how to offset the pressure its colleagues are facing in the wake of the Newtown massacre, the Associated Press reports. The organization plans to offer caskets, hearses, staff and other necessary resources to help.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

In an previous thread there was a message with a link to an article stating that a number of other funeral homes in the area were contributing caskets, personnel, whatever was needed to accommodate the needs of the families. I tried to find that article and could not so this is from memory.

I think the surrounding communities as well as the entire country are doing what can be done to help Newtown through their grief.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox:

His theory is that the shooter followed the Colorado movie theater/Holmes case and studied it closely...that's what he thinks the computer will show. He was asked if he (Wheeler) had been given that info, or whether it was his theory, and he clarified it was only his thoughts on what the shooter might have been researching on the computer.

He thinks the school was chosen because that's where a large gathering of young children would be on a Friday morning, causing great impact, which the shooter wanted.

His belief is this shooter was methodical in his planning.

Just passing along what Wheeler is suggesting at this time.

- - - -
    I'm still stumped by what LE was doing, responding to the mom's house last night, in a hurry...and that kept them there for over 2 hours, if what was reported was true. Hmmmm. Anyone heard more about that this morning?
    It'd be surprising to me if he didn't follow other shooters. Unfortunately I don't think computer will show anything, since AL supposedly smashed it.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    It's just a little sad that there are thousands of popular video games that deal with killing and shooting and destroying and practically none that I can think of that you can win by displaying altruistic, prosocial behaviors, cooperating with others to help people in need and being considerate of others.
    There are tons of video games like that. Even Mass Effect, the game that was improperly linked to this shooting, is like that.

Most modern RPG games allow you to choose either path, good or evil.

Many MMO online games can't be won unless you work together and help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    It's weird to me that the articles keep updating how their bodies "haven't been claimed" since 1) they haven't been released yet, and 2) NL has a family (outside her xh) who as far as I know from the articles appear to have cared for her.

It's like the articles are implying that no one wants to deal with NL's remains - when in fact her body is at the moment supposed to be just where it is. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by newsleuther View Post
    There are tons of video games like that. Even Mass Effect, the game that was improperly linked to this shooting, is like that.

Most modern RPG games allow you to choose either path, good or evil.

Many MMO online games can't be won unless you work together and help others.
    Even if you choose the side of good you are cooperating with others to KILL.

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast