1291 users online (207 members and 1084 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Who asked for this link earlier?
    OCEAN?
    Tambascio said Nancy picked up the gun hobby in the last few years after a retired New York police officer took her to a shooting range. “She actually liked shooting a gun,” he said, and she started to take Adam to the shooting range “because she wanted to find something to do with him to bond. He loved it. I heard he was very conscious of gun safety.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...re-attack.html
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by FragileSugar View Post
    Conn. Survivor Heard Whimpers, 'Screaming' on Intercom

Sandy Hook Elementary staffer Shari Thornberg was happily showing off photos of her son to co-workers when she heard a "weird noise" that she mistook for the janitor taking down risers in the gym. But when the intercom came on, she realized the "pop-pop-pop" sound she heard was gunfire, reports USA Today. The teacher's aide, who worked with a fourth-grader with special needs, hurried into a small closet with two other colleagues. Through the locked door they heard "screaming, crying, and whimpering" on the intercom and the janitor ordering the shooter to put down his gun.

------------
    Have we heard anything else about the janitor? Is it possible he/she is the second survivor in the hospital?
    Yes - who and where IS the janitor?? I have heard so many things attributed to him/her -- turning on the intercom, yelling at the shooter, running down the hall telling people someone had a gun...??

Sandy Hook Elementary staffer Shari Thornberg was happily showing off photos of her son to co-workers when she heard a "weird noise" that she mistook for the janitor taking down risers in the gym. But when the intercom came on, she realized the "pop-pop-pop" sound she heard was gunfire, reports USA Today. The teacher's aide, who worked with a fourth-grader with special needs, hurried into a small closet with two other colleagues. Through the locked door they heard "screaming, crying, and whimpering" on the intercom and the janitor ordering the shooter to put down his gun.

------------
    Have we heard anything else about the janitor? Is it possible he/she is the second survivor in the hospital?

Quite possibly, he/she was reportedly out there in the corridors warning people.

I
    t was not just teachers who showed extraordinary courage. While the gunman roamed the halls, the school janitor – whose fate is still not known – ran along corridors shouting "Guys! Get down! Hide!", checking that classroom doors were locked. And librarian Yvonne Cech locked herself, two library clerks, an assistant and 18 fourth-graders in a closet behind the library's filing cabinets while the sound of gunfire cracked outside.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-8420459.html

A funeral home in NH finally claimed Nancy's remains, but nobody has claimed AXXX's.

Carver said unclaimed bodies are a big problem for his department, in general, which is run out of a 30,000-square-foot mortuary, laboratory and administrative facility in Farmington.

“The drill is to get a letter from the police department of record that no next of kin can be found or those who have been identified refuse to lay claim to the body,” Carver said. “We then contact a funeral home on a rotating list of volunteers who petition the probate court for custody of the body. They bury or cremate it with the $1,800 supplied by (the state).”
    http://www.registercitizen.com/artic...6915541498.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    A funeral home in NH finally claimed Nancy's remains, but nobody has claimed AXXX's.
    He killed the only person who would have cared about his remains.

Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    Yes - who and where IS the janitor?? I have heard so many things attributed to him/her -- turning on the intercom, yelling at the shooter, running down the hall telling people someone had a gun...??
    The Independence attributes the intercom to the principal

She is not the only one. If anybody wanted to know the kind of people who become teachers, they need only read of the bravery of the staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School. It starts with the principal, Dawn Hochsprung, who had the presence of mind to turn on the school intercom, broadcasting screaming and gunshots into every classroom, so that others had to time to take cover. "That saved a lot of people," said one teacher Theodore Varga, who survived the massacre.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-8420459.html

IIRC it was turned on from the principal's office? Then it would make sense that it was one of the people who were attending the conference there, which the janitor probably wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post

Carver said unclaimed bodies are a big problem for his department, in general, which is run out of a 30,000-square-foot mortuary, laboratory and administrative facility in Farmington.

“The drill is to get a letter from the police department of record that no next of kin can be found or those who have been identified refuse to lay claim to the body,” Carver said. “We then contact a funeral home on a rotating list of volunteers who petition the probate court for custody of the body. They bury or cremate it with the $1,800 supplied by (the state).”
    The article you linked says,
    It was not known if Adam’s body was still unclaimed Tuesday night.

Top Conservative Publication: Shooting Occurred Because Women Ran The School (thinkprogress.org)

Author couldn't even get the school circumstances right; Sandy Hook Elementary is K-4, not K-6.
    Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

That is interesting that he had his own car. He took his brother's identification and someone else's car to the school to kill. He also wore a flak jacket. It appears as if he thought he might leave the school alive and unidentified.

Very Interesting study and 10 recommendations to the TX Governor:

http://www.schoolshooters.info/PL/Su...20Governor.pdf

[PDF]
    Download PDF - SchoolShooters.info
    http://www.schoolshooters.info/.../C...man%20-...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
    The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor. Institute .... New York; Professor of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of ... September 8, 1966 ...

I was picking up my son from school today, and I became so sad. Our school's flag is at half-staff, and all these precious little faces coming out of the school, faces lighting up, running to moms and dads and grandparents and siblings. It's just not fair, the sickness in this world that can extinguish that light. This Christmas is full of mixed emotions for me....love for my children, grief over this tragic situation, and to a certain extent, guilt for having my children when others have had theirs brutally ripped away from them. Treasure every second....life is such a fragile thing. I just had to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Top Conservative Publication: Shooting Occurred Because Women Ran The School (thinkprogress.org)

Author couldn't even get the school circumstances right; Sandy Hook Elementary is K-4, not K-6.
    Think of what Sandy Hook might have been like if a couple of male teachers who had played high-school football, or even some of the huskier 12-year-old boys, had converged on Lanza.

I'm thinking there could be just a few more ex-footballers and husky pre-teens on the victim list.

------------
    Maybe!
    I saw a report one of the 2 survivors several injuries was in the hand...
    maybe she reached for the gun- but there has not been much news.

"At about 9:30 a.m., she ran out of a meeting with Principal Dawn Hochsprung and school psychologist Mary Sherlach. They came face-to-face with 20-year-old Adam Lanza..."

"... Hammond was shot in the foot, leg and hand, but managed to crawl to safety behind a door. Lanza then went down the hall to two classrooms, where he killed 20 children and four teachers."

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...#ixzz2FXB8QnL4

I am not sure about the janitor.
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post

“a feminized setting is a setting in which helpless passivity is the norm.”
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ool/?mobile=nc

Thanks for posting that, wfgodot! It was good for a long laugh. Many smart and unarmed woman saved a lot of children that day by not being helpless.

I think the medical examiner sounds a little evasive there.
    He might have a pretty good idea who will come and get AL and where but doesn't want rioters on his doors or the burial site.

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast