1019 users online (182 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Golden, WhtMale Skel UP10876, 21-57, Dec'12 - Lorne Mabbutt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...near-red-rocks

Three hikers found a human skeleton in rugged terrain near Red Rocks Amphitheater on Dec. 14, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

The hikers were about three-tenths of a mile above and to the west of the entertainment venue when they found the bleached bones. The remains were clothed in blue sweatpants or shorts "and appeared to have been there for quite some time," according to a Sheriff's release.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-11-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Wonder what "some time" means?

Amy Ahonen, Kim Remmel, Kara Nichols, Angelica Sandoval, Aaron Martin, Kayla Chadwick.....

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    Wonder what "some time" means?
    Well, at a guess at least three to six months to be completely skeletized. And since pants were still there probably no more than three or four years at the most. Just a guess. I am sure LE will come out with an estimate on that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    Amy Ahonen, Kim Remmel, Kara Nichols, Angelica Sandoval, Aaron Martin, Kayla Chadwick.....
    Location-wise, I'm thinking of the persons on this list, Amy Ahonen, Kim Remmel or Aaron Martin went missing fairly close. Although Aaron Martin has been missing since the end of October (is that enough time?). Also, if it were Kim, I would think maybe her car would have also been found. I'm thinking more likely Amy than the others listed.

Of course this could always be someone not even on our radar screen. I hope LE is able to figure it out and give someone's family some closure.

The time frame of the remains being completely skeltonized and the location being close to Golden makes me think Amy Ahonen. I tried to look up and see what's she was last seen wearing as the article says the remains were clothed in blue sweatpants or shorts but couldn't find anything about her clothing.

There's no clothing description for Kim, either. Or a definite last seen. I know her car's missing too but I think there may be a good chance she's been separated from it. Kim was tiny. Listed as 5'3 and slight but some think she may have been smaller than that.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    There's no clothing description for Kim, either. Or a definite last seen. I know her car's missing too but I think there may be a good chance she's been separated from it. Kim was tiny. Listed as 5'3 and slight but some think she may have been smaller than that.
    She was last seen the evening before she disappeared; she had dinner with friends.

I only knew Kim via email but people we know in common have said she was a tiny, tiny woman. They said she looked far younger than her chronological age due to the combination of her size and her very delicate features.

If this is Kim's body, where is her truck? If it is Kim and her truck is nowhere to be found... well, that's pretty telling, even if they cannot determine a cause of death.

This article says Kim Remmel may have been wearing a baseball or cowboy hat, t-shirt and jeans, although I'm assuming this is just what she typically wore, since no one actually saw her leave.
    http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...e_activist.php

Yes, I see now. She had dinner with friends, went home and disappeared the next morning. Hence no description of clothing. But then, how is it known she left the next morning? I'm a bit confused now.

It looks as though Kim is wearing sweatpants to me, in both of those full length photos.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

It takes about 24 hours to process a DNA sample into a CODIS profile. The remains were found on the 14th. I would have expected the results to be available by now unless the lab is overloaded.

Going farther back -- isn't that pretty close to the area the Skibas disappeared from in 1999? "Bleached" bones could be quite old and somtimes bits of material survive for years.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Another thought I have is Nonnie Dotson. Where she went missing from is probably about 15 or 20 minutes away from red rocks.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...on_nonnie.html
    Wonder how long it would take bones to become bleached?

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Yes, I see now. She had dinner with friends, went home and disappeared the next morning. Hence no description of clothing. But then, how is it known she left the next morning? I'm a bit confused now.

It looks as though Kim is wearing sweatpants to me, in both of those full length photos.
    She lived in an apartment in her aunt's house. Her aunt noticed her truck was gone the next morning but wasn't alarmed until much later in the day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast