1134 users online (280 members and 854 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

'Habitable' planet discovered circling Tau Ceti star

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...vered-tau-ceti

A planet with conditions that could support life orbits a twin neighbour of the sun visible to the naked eye, scientists have revealed.

The world is one of five thought to be circling Tau Ceti, a star just 12 light years away that is almost identical to the sun.

Astronomers estimate the Tau Ceti planets to be two to six times bigger than Earth. One of them, with five times the Earth's mass, lies in the star's "habitable zone".

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Wonder what is living on the planet? Would we be compatible? Any weird viruses, bacteria, bugs? How do we get there?

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Wonder what is living on the planet? Would we be compatible? Any weird viruses, bacteria, bugs? How do we get there?
    It's a little late for worry about getting there now. The world ends tomorrow

The greys live there.

Lol

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Must have been what David Bowie was going on about, all those years ago.

Earth is full of bizarre life already. I think life exists on other planets and most likely they probably would not be that different from Earth's life. There maybe differences based on environment and star it orbits around. If the star is blue, plants would have different colors.

Plants under Alien Suns
    http://www.solstation.com/life/a-plants.htm

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

My bags are packed!

"You judge yourselves against the pitiful adversaries you've encountered so far - the Romulans, the Klingons. They're nothing compared to what's waiting. Picard - you are about to move into areas of the galaxy containing wonders more incredible than you can possibly imagine - and terrors to freeze your soul." – Q, Star Trek The Next Generation