AL - Teacher accused of taping students together, Phenix City, 2012

Darkman00

Reaction score
Posted: Dec 14, 2012 10:14 AM CST Updated: Dec 14, 2012 12:18 PM CST

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHENIX CITY, Ala. -
Authorities say an east Alabama teacher is accused of taping together two students who had not been getting along.

The teacher, 24-year-old Sierra Pettway, has been charged with two counts of willful abuse of a child in Phenix City.

Phenix City Superintendent Larry DiChiara said Pettway reported the incident herself to school officials on Tuesday. She's a first-year teacher at Phenix City Intermediate School.

It wasn't known early Friday whether she has an attorney.

DiChiara said Pettway is accused of wrapping together the forearms of a sixth-grade boy and girl "so they would have to sit arm to arm."

-------------

Read more:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20346386/teacher-accused-of-taping-students-together

http://soulsofblackwomen.blogspot.com/2012/12/black-women-what-shame-teacher-accused.html

so somewhat inappropriate but probably meant humorously.
And really HARMLESS

Well, I think it was very inappropriate and that teacher should be very glad it wasn't my child this was done to.

MOO

There's only two ways to fix something here in Alabama....

with duct tape, or WD-40.

I'd say the other choice would have been worse.

Neighbors support Phenix City teacher charged with abuse

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 3:44 PM CST Updated: Dec 15, 2012 5:27 AM CST

By Dante Renzulli

PHENIX CITY, AL (WTVM) -
People in the neighborhood who know Phenix City teacher Sierra Pettway well want to speak on her behalf.

Pettway is accused of taping two of her students together by their forearms because they weren't getting along.

She reported her actions to the principal of Phenix City Intermediate and was immediately suspended. She was later arrested and taken to jail for two counts of willful abuse of a child.

She faces a grand jury at a later date. As of Friday, no hearing had been scheduled in Russell County Court.

One man says he thinks the charges she is facing are too severe for the offense.

Read more: http://www.wtvm.com/story/20348975/neighbors-support-phenix-city-teacher-charged-with-abuse

While it really makes me laugh, I guess that is what passes for teachers education these days. "We don't care if you learn anything, but you are going to have diversity and get along if I have to tape, staple, or nail you together!"

While it really makes me laugh, I guess that is what passes for teachers education these days. "We don't care if you learn anything, but you are going to have diversity and get along if I have to tape, staple, or nail you together!"

Teaching people to get along with and care for others is probably the most important thing that can be taught. Unfortunately far too many kids aren't learning it at home!

It's nearly impossible to have any actions taken by social services when a teacher suspects a child is being beaten or horribly neglected by their own parents or guardians. How absurd that this teacher is under arrest for self-reporting the incident. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do, and she really should have known better, but arrest for taping their forearms together?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back