Please Help Find Lexy

5bigfish5

Reaction score
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Keep your eyes peeled and do your best sleuthing.

http://www.facebook.com/helpfindlexy

C'mon team, we can do this. Let's get Lexy home for Christmas.

spreading the word via FB

Lexy is adorable. I hope she is found soon. We drove thru Travelers rest yesterday and stopped for gas. If I can do anything from Atlanta please let me know. I will post on my fb.

I take my dogs everywhere and worry that someone will take them or break into the car and let them out. They can have my car but not my dogs! They are family!

Keep on the lookout. Apparently the Toyota's license plate was electronically scanned by a LE cam in Cobb County GA on Dec. 18th. Not much info yet, people on vacation. GRRR!

Still hoping for that Christmas miracle. Watch out for a purty speckled pup wherever your travels may take you.

Bring Lexy Home!

A rescue friend sent me the email about Lexy yesterday. So very sad! The owners are contacting every rescue and shelter in Georgia, even the small ones so I truly hope they find their pup. They are making a great effort.

The fact this is a hunting dog and not a "cool dog" by standards may help bring her home, if she were tied up on a chain in some ghetto backyard she would not fit in at all.

Pic of pup at a younger age:

Lexy_zpsd5afaf08.jpg

lexy2_zps11ffb0b3.jpg

Does anyone know approximately where in Cobb the vehicle was spotted?

Thx
Kelly

P.S. A Blessed & Merry Christmas to everyone.
I pray the person/s who stole the vehicle see NO PEACE until they let someone know where she is.

Does anyone know approximately where in Cobb the vehicle was spotted?

Thx
Kelly

P.S. A Blessed & Merry Christmas to everyone.
I pray the person/s who stole the vehicle see NO PEACE until they let someone know where she is.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Everything is very sketchy. As best as they can figure out. The onboard cam auto-entered the license number, but it did not set off a red flag, even tho the vehicle had been reported stolen.

They don't know or won't say where it was. Coulda' been anywhere the cruiser went. That Officer is off until after part of the holidays or something.

FRUSTRATING!

That Officer is off until after part of the holidays or something.

FRUSTRATING!

Yeah and that doesn't make sense, sounds like they got the info from their PD in SC. The Cobb County Police did not all take off for the holidays, they have computers, they should absolutely be able to provide more info.

Yeah and that doesn't make sense, sounds like they got the info from their PD in SC. The Cobb County Police did not all take off for the holidays, they have computers, they should absolutely be able to provide more info.

I agree. Sounds too much like the Keystone Cops.

Seems to me, in order for cam info to be useful AT ALL, it would have to record a location, as well as the time.

Seems to me, in order for cam info to be useful AT ALL, it would have to record a location, as well as the time.

The email I received said the "Cobb PD Technician" was on vacation. If it were a missing kid would the Cobb PD just wait until after the holidays before pulling the data?

So they spend all that money on software to automatically identify license plates and then they don't bother pulling up the data when a stolen vehicle IS spotted? Sheesh.

The email I received said the "Cobb PD Technician" was on vacation. If it were a missing kid would the Cobb PD just wait until after the holidays before pulling the data?

So they spend all that money on software to automatically identify license plates and then they don't bother pulling up the data when a stolen vehicle IS spotted? Sheesh.

I know. Glad you got the scoop in the email, I was trying to hunt it down. This is exactly what Jason posted on "Pirate":

On 18dec12 1:17 am the license plate was ran on the ncic In Cobb county ga, by a Cobb county sheriff. It is unclear what/why. The tech officer is gone for the holiday. I do not know what reason the plate was keyed in. I will not know until the tech officer returns, unless there is some magic on pirate.

That sounds about "right" for Cobb County. I've actually known of Cobb police officers themselves laughing about what a joke the police are here.

I just wish we knew where and if it was scanned on more than one occasion. I assume not as they surely would have caught that it is a stolen vehicle if it was seen more than once. ::sigh::

Unfortunately animals are considered property--much like your tv set--and not given any priority as far as the law is concerned. At least that's the way I understand it.

K.

I do not know what reason the plate was keyed in. I will not know until the tech officer returns, unless there is some magic on pirate.

Yeah the plate was most likely never keyed in. Atlanta (and it looks like Cobb County too) has software that automatically scans plates as they appear on the car video.

Every day, Atlanta police cruisers roll through parking lots, idle along busy streets, and creep through traffic to hunt for lawbreakers.

Occasionally, the computer inside one of their cars sounds an alarm and displays a license plate on the screen that might have expired registration, been reported stolen, or be tied to some other illicit activity. The image comes courtesy of an automatic license plate recognition, or ALPR, scanner mounted somewhere on the cruiser. The high-tech tool can document every tag in a parking lot, or read the decals of every vehicle passing through an intersection, within a matter of minutes.

http://clatl.com/atlanta/what-is-your-license-plate-telling-police/Content?oid=7121177

"Within a matter of minutes" likely means the software did not alert until later and no one went back to look for the stolen vehicle.

Unfortunately animals are considered property--much like your tv set--and not given any priority as far as the law is concerned. At least that's the way I understand it.

Very true but sometimes that has an upside. When the vet office wanted to keep my little mixed breed female over night (by herself, no staff in the building) after a spay and the technician was basically "refusing" to release her at 6 pm I said the magic words "That dog is my legal property and I am coming to get my property at 6".

At that point she said "Are you asking me or telling me?" End of discussion, got the dog. Years before a dog trainer had to do the same thing with a vet in California, I am so glad she told me that story as knowing the facts came in handy.

Very true but sometimes that has an upside. When the vet office wanted to keep my little mixed breed female over night (by herself, no staff in the building) after a spay and the technician was basically "refusing" to release her at 6 pm I said the magic words "That dog is my legal property and I am coming to get my property at 6".

At that point she said "Are you asking me or telling me?" and I replied "Well, kind of sounds like I am TELLING you!". End of discussion.

Oh my goodness... I had the same argument after having one of my babies spayed. Suffice it to say I did take her home and the tech who tried to keep her is still alive. They were going to leave her lying on top of the crate all alone all night. I was horrified. She said they were putting her on top so when she used the bathroom it would just drip below and she wouldn't be lying in it. I had no idea vets had nobody there at night to watch over the patients. I was shocked.

God watch over and bring our Lexy home to the family who obviously loves her so very much. Please send an angel to comfort and protect her wherever she is right now. Corny as it sounds, I feel like she belongs to all of us now.

K

We are driving from GA to Upstate NY tomorrow. 16 hrs on the interstate. Will be on the look out. Wonder if the vehicle could be a different color now...

We are driving from GA to Upstate NY tomorrow. 16 hrs on the interstate. Will be on the look out. Wonder if the vehicle could be a different color now...

No telling. The 1985 vehicle is probably worth more "pieced out", than as a whole.

Latest from the owner @ "Pirate".

Just had a call from channel 11 news in Atlanta. They are going to call the Cobb county sheriffs department and see if they can get any more info on the ncic hit from 18dec12. It is something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back