PA - Three dead, 3 troopers hurt in Juniata Valley shooting spree, 21 Dec 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
4 Dead, 3 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting (pittsburgh.cbs.local.com)
BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. (KDKA) — Emergency officials are on the scene of a deadly shooting in the Hollidaysburg area in Blair County.

Right now, sources tell KDKA-TV that 4 people are dead, and 3 Pennsylvania State Troopers were also hurt but expected to be okay. One of those troopers was shot, and his bulletproof vest stopped the bullet. The other two troopers were injured in an accident with the suspected shooter. Troopers then shot and killed the suspect.

Sources say the suspect was on a rural road in the Altoona – Hollidaysburg area shooting at random.

Emergency officials say 3 men were killed, and one woman in the shooting. The suspect was one of those men.

About 95 miles east of Pittsburgh.

There just seems to be no end. :(

sounds like randomly inside that church? just wow....the amount of "crazy" walking or driving the streets is just unbelievable...why? why do people want to just kill other people...people they dont even know? and i dont even want to discuss the gun issue...there is an entirely different issue about the humans seemingly in the United States in which people are being afflicted with some kind of mental instability/sickness that causes them to figure a way to kill some people and then they just go do it. what in society is causing this? its an issue, imo, far beyond owning a gun or not owning one. it is the "want" to cause harm that i am so confused and frightened of....am i the only one that feels like this? I have no desire to argue the weapons issue. i honestly want to try to understand why our own people are killing us?

sounds like randomly inside that church? just wow....the amount of "crazy" walking or driving the streets is just unbelievable...why? why do people want to just kill other people...people they dont even know? and i dont even want to discuss the gun issue...there is an entirely different issue about the humans seemingly in the United States in which people are being afflicted with some kind of mental instability/sickness that causes them to figure a way to kill some people and then they just go do it. what in society is causing this? its an issue, imo, far beyond owning a gun or not owning one. it is the "want" to cause harm that i am so confused and frightened of....am i the only one that feels like this? I have no desire to argue the weapons issue. i honestly want to try to understand why our own people are killing us?
Here's the most up to date I can find right now:

(CBS) BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. - The shooting that ended with four people dead, and three troopers wounded Friday morning took place, at least in part, at a church, sources tell CBS Pittsburgh.
---
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that according to Blair County District Attorney Rich Consiglio, the shooting scene "extended over several miles."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...r-dead-including-one-at-a-church-reports-say/

Prayers to family and friends of the three victims that loss their lives.

Please take discussion of 'gun control' to the below linked thread.

tia
fran

Gun Control - is it crime control? (A Political Pavilion thread) #2

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8660335#post8660335"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

---
The shooter was mobile as he exchanged gunfire with police, he said. Officials said he used his vehicle to ram a police car during the chase.
---
“This person went to their driveway with a pistol, pointed at them and started shooting,” said Marie Brenneman, who identified herself as a cousin of one of the victims.

She said the shooter was a neighbor of the two male victims and “they were uneasy around him,” she said.
---
http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/3178234-74/police-shooter-juniata#axzz2FipkG5Lt

OMG!!! This is where I was born, raised and lived until I was 30. This is the first opportunity I have had to get on this forum, or my iPad all day today. I must get details from some of my local friends. Prayers for the dead and injured.

Just wanted to add that I do not know any of the victims, but know exactly where that church is, and saw the Reverend McCaulley's obituary in the paper earlier in the week. So tragic for the families of the victims, and for the statement it makes about our society. When I grew up there the state had a psychiatric hospital in Hollidaysburg, and that is where I did my psychiatric nursing rotation. The grounds included a farm area where the patients (those who could and with supervision) would plant many of the food items consumed there. When the mental health laws changed, and the hospital was eventually phased out the federal government bought it and turned it into a state veterans nursing home, which it still is today.

While I was growing up I can remember a few violent homicides. One in particular was a man who stabbed his wife to death, with the local tv cameras capturing quite a bit of graphic film of the actual murder. I was about 12, and couldn't believe the news station would put that on for everyone to see. Also, a number of years ago there was a shooting during a practice of the Sweet Adelines choir, which was done at a local church in Altoona. I know at least one woman died, but there may have been more. I have been gone 26 years, so it was around 27-28 years ago. Those types of things didn't happen often, but did happen. It always broke the bubble of small town, everyone knows everyone, all is safe fallacy. My sympathies to the victims' families, and wishing those who are injured have a quick recovery.

Kimberly A. Scott of Duncansville is identified as the woman killed by Jeffrey Lee Michael at Juniata Valley Gospel Church while she was decorating for a children’s Christmas party,

Michael reportedly shot her through the window of the church. He then left the scene, stopped at a driveway and killed two men before engaging in a shoot-out with state troopers, three of whom were injured.

http://hinterlandgazette.com/tag/geeseytown-shooter-jeffrey-lee-michael

I have a feeling that the killer was aka Jeffrey Lynn Michael.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/c...ct-in-straw-gun-case-faces-delay.html?nav=742

The trial of a Frankstown Township woman accused of making a straw purchase of a gun used in a triple homicide more than two years ago has been delayed while the court ponders whether the shootings should be mentioned during the testimony.

Brenda Shultz, 54, faces charges of making materially false statements and making false statements under penalty of law because, it is charged, she purchased two firearms at a Hollidaysburg sporting goods store under her name when they actually were for her boyfriend, Jeffrey Lee Michael.

Days before Christmas 2012, Michael used one of the guns, a .45-caliber Taurus, to go on a shooting spree in the Juniata Valley Road area of the township.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back