710 users online (78 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Black Hills

ND - Front-end loader used to take house apart and end ND standoff

If the bad guy won't come out...tear the house down! LOL That works for me.

NEW TOWN, N.D. — Law enforcement used a front-end loader to break into a New Town home and end a standoff with an armed man Thursday morning.

New Town Police Chief Art Walgren said the heavy equipment was used shortly before 10 a.m. to “dismantle the house” to end the standoff that lasted more than 24 hours.

“The house is only about half of what it was,” Walgren said.

No shots were fired while taking the suspect into custody. FBI spokesman Kyle Loven identified the man taken into custody as Michael Jason Smith, 32. He said no one was injured. Smith faces narcotics charges in Colorado and will likely face additional charges in North Dakota, Loven said. Walgren said Smith was being taken to the Mountrail County jail.

My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

333 Halfway to Hell
    LOL! Puts new meaning to "holed Up" doesn't it? XD
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Dang, no flies on LE there.

Maybe our law should have tried that back in the day with the Move standoff. Seems dropping a bomb was a better idea.

Go ahead, North Dakota.

Walgren said it was unclear if Smith had any connection to the home before the standoff that started early Wednesday.
    Well I do hope it was his own house... it would pretty much ruin your holidays if some nutjob barricaded himself in your place and the police destroyed half your house.