724 users online (73 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy smilies

Does anyone know why I can't use smilies? Everytime I try to use one in my text, like this one for example, it comes up by the TITLE but not down here in the text. Can someone clue me in?

Do you have java script disabled, trixie?

That might be the reason. If you want, I can copy the codes for each smile, and send to you like this
    :{clap}: <---minus the { } you get

If you run your mouse over the smile, can you read the name of the smile, like on clap, can you see the word clap?

If you can see the name, you can type in :whatever-the-smile-name-is: and you'll have your smilies!!

Hope this helps, Lanie
    *if not, e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com and I will send you the entire list, ok?*

Hi! I'm still not sure what you mean, but when I point my curser at it I can read what it says. Do you mean I would have to type in the whole word,( like clap)? I was hoping I could just click on the little circle space beside the smilie or on the smilie itself. I don't have javascript disabled, unless it disabled itself? My computer just ran some automatic updates and turned itself off for 2 days in a row now. Would that possibly affect it? I used to be able to use smilies but now it will only show up by the title. Thank you for helping me. I'm on and off the internet alot so if I don't answer you right away please be patient with me. I WILL get back to you. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    Hi! I'm still not sure what you mean, but when I point my curser at it I can read what it says. Do you mean I would have to type in the whole word,( like clap)? ...
    Hi, trixie!
    Exactly, if the smile says clap, you will need to type a colon, the word clap, and another colon.

Like this

:#clap#:

without the # signs, and no spaces

You can practice here, if you'd like.

Blessings to you, Lanie

Got it. Thank you WasBlind and I hope you have a happy Valentines Day!

Aw, thank you trixie. I pray your Valentine's Day was blessed, as well.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Smilie Question

How do you use smilies that aren't in our standard list? I've seen some really cute ones and have no idea how to add them to my posts.

Hi NewMom

Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003
    How do you use smilies that aren't in our standard list? I've seen some really cute ones and have no idea how to add them to my posts.
    You just go to different smiley sites and copy and paste the code in here.

ex: www.bestsmileys.com and there are more.

Cool!!! Thanks Jovin!

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003

Cool!!! Thanks Jovin!
    I have more sites if you need them.

GabbyG is offline Prayers for Natalee...an important part of the fight to find her!

Talking

I just had to try this new smilie to see if I could do it

nope

trying again
    Last edited by GabbyG; 07-30-2005 at 12:26 AM. Reason: didnt work

GabbyG is offline Prayers for Natalee...an important part of the fight to find her!
    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG
    I just had to try this new smilie to see if I could do it

nope

trying again

YAYYY ty so much for the tutorial here!!!

Hi everyone...

Regarding smilies...Has any of you used the GETSMILE program that you can purchase online??? The website is getsmile.com If any of you use this program, how do you like it, and have you had any problems with it. It looks really good, and you get tons of great smilies. So let me know please!

Why....

Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    Hi everyone...

Regarding smilies...Has any of you used the GETSMILE program that you can purchase online??? The website is getsmile.com If any of you use this program, how do you like it, and have you had any problems with it. It looks really good, and you get tons of great smilies. So let me know please!

Why pay for something you can get for free and don't have to download? There are lots of sites to use and they're good.

Jovin

Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    Why pay for something you can get for free and don't have to download? There are lots of sites to use and they're good.

Jovin
    Thanks Jovin, I have just been looking around since you showed me some. Was just looking to see what kind were out there. I went to bestsmilies that you told me about, was going to copy those also. Having a lot of smilies will be cool.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast