Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Indy Anna

Reaction score
<snipped>
Phillips, 57, went for a walk on December 5th on a private road near his Helenwood home. There's been no sign of him since.
<snipped>
"He didn't take any personal items like his medication he would have had to have. His high blood pressure medicine especially," said Newport.

The only thing he took was his debit card, which has not been used.
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/24...Scott-Co-pastor-?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

121223060822_P-6%20MISSING%20PASTOR.jpg

Here are some older articles:

http://www.ihoneida.com/news/2012/12/authorities-search-for-missing-church-pastor/

<snipped>
According to the Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Phillips&#8217; wife &#8212; Melissa Phillips &#8212; reported her husband missing on Wednesday, telling authorities that he had left home without a vehicle, and without his cell phone.

<snipped>
Phillips is 5-8 and weighs 180 pounds, with gray hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing a cap, camouflage shirt, blue jacket, blue jeans and camouflage ear muffs.

Anyone with information can contact the Sheriff&#8217;s Department at 663-2245.
Updated, with no new info:
http://www.ihoneida.com/news/2012/12/no-clues-to-missing-preachers-location/

<snipped>
Previously, authorities had scoured the area on foot, employing the use of canine search teams from Morgan County.

&#8220;There has been no word or sign of him,&#8221; Sheriff Mike Cross said Monday. &#8220;We&#8217;ve been in there with bloodhounds and Detective Lewallen even went in with a cadaver dog.&#8221;
Phillips has been missing for 3 weeks, but this is the first I've seen anything about him. Before his disappearance, the area where he was last seen was searched by members of the congregation he pastors.

i live in a neighboring county over and tonight on the news is the first i have heard about this! hope the outcome is good, been cold the last few days, and gonna get colder:(

http://www.ihoneida.com/news/2013/01/search-continues-for-missing-preacher/

Jan. 16
HELENWOOD — The most exhaustive search yet for Helenwood Detour Road’s Dowell Phillips continued to yield few clues as to the whereabouts of the missing preacher.

Phillips, 54, has been missing since early December. On a warm but damp Saturday morning, scores of volunteers from local and regional rescue squads combined forces with law enforcement authorities and others to search the wooded areas near Phillips’ home, but turned up no sign of his location.

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Dowell's family member, you should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Dowell's family member, you should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast
Thank you for bringing that podcast to our attention, Emilykay! I listened to the podcast here:

It was very informative because there was never much in MSM about Dowell. I'm so glad you came to Websleuths!

It doesn't appear that Dowell is listed in MP databases like NamUs and Charley Project yet. Do you know why that is? TIA!

Article dated: Jan 16, 2013

The most exhaustive search yet for Helenwood Detour Road’s Dowell Phillips continued to yield few clues as to the whereabouts of the missing preacher.

Phillips, 54, has been missing since early December. On a warm but damp Saturday morning, scores of volunteers from local and regional rescue squads combined forces with law enforcement authorities and others to search the wooded areas near Phillips’ home, but turned up no sign of his location.

The forests behind Phillips’ Detour Road home, which range from open hardwoods to thicketed areas, were first searched by members of the church he pastors — Old Concord Baptist — and by law enforcement personnel in the days after he went missing. The search in those initial days — which included a foot search, a search using Tennessee Department of Corrections-trained bloodhounds and an air search using a helicopter from the Tennessee Highway Patrol — were centered on hopes of finding Phillips alive, perhaps injured from a fall or lost in the woods near his home.

With more than a month having elapsed since Phillips was last seen walking a gravel road near his home on Dec. 5, family members hold out hope that the 54-year-old is still alive. Missing posters with Phillips’ photo are posted in various locations throughout the community.

Law enforcement personnel say they have no reason to suspect foul play. Scott County Sheriff Mike Cross said Saturday that an “electronic surveillance of certain aspects” of Phillips’ life had been completed with still no clues as to his whereabouts. That led authorities to double down on search efforts in the wooded areas behind the Phillips residence…

It’s unfortunate to know that Dowell was such a great down to earth guy and went missing. He helped me take care of my grandfather Cecil Phillips as he took chemo therapy for lung cancer. I needed the help at the time as I was taking my father to the same doctor for chemo and it was always difficult and a bit chaotic to take two patients especially since I was around 19 or 20 at the time. The biggest help came with his friendship he extended to my father as a fellow preacher and they helped uplift each other on some of the toughest days. After my father passed away Dowell spoke at the funeral in 2011and stayed a good while to check on the entire family. They mention that Dowell had been depressed and stuff around the time of his disappearance and I think the passing of Cecil in August may have contributed to this depression as they had grown pretty close. (Chemo and health issues tend to build strong bonds for those who care for the sick in some cases). I remember the day he went missing I jumped to google maps immediately after my mom called me to tell me the news to try to find some path or direction that made sense but alas I wasn’t much help there. Hopefully one day some information will come to light that will help give closure to this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xerio
Back