GUILTY UK - Ian Watkins for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Pontypridd, Wales, 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lostprophets-rocker-ian-watkins-accused-1497254

The Welsh singer, 35, was refused bail today as he was charged with six child sex offences - including conspiring with a female fan, 24, to rape a one-year-old girl.

The singer and two women, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are also accused of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a girl under 13.

Watkins - a former boyfriend of TV presenter Fearne Cotton - was further charged with three separate charges of possession, making and distributing indecent images of children.

He is also accused of possession of “extreme *advertiser censored*”, some involving animals.

The court heard 40 images of children and child abuse were being investigated as part of the South Wales police probe.............

Senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Peter Doyle said specially-trained staff were available to speak to anyone with concerns or information regarding this investigation.

He said: “I want to encourage anyone who has any concerns or information which they think may be relevant to contact us.

“Safeguarding children involved in such cases is always a high priority and as such measures have already been taken.”

More at link.....

Another article:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...spiring-to-rape-oneyearold-girl-16252761.html

..........The conspiracy charges related to a period between May 1 and Monday, while the indecent images related to a period between August 12 and Monday.

Defending barrister Tom Crowther said his client would be denying the charges.

Presiding magistrate Alan Knight opted to remand Watkins - along with two women aged 20 and 24 - into custody.

The women, who face similar child sex allegations, cannot be named for legal reasons. All three will appear before Cardiff Crown Court on December 31.

Why can the mans name be released, but the 2 women's names are being kept under wraps for legal reasons.....

Why can the mans name be released, but the 2 women's names are being kept under wraps for legal reasons.....
My guess is if the women's names were released the victim would then be identified by association, if that makes sense.

While the Lostprophets debacle is unrelated to the post-Jimmy Savile investigations in the UK, a further look at the brouhaha that has enveloped segments of the British entertainment and media industries regarding sexual exploitation of minors is available on this WS thread.

The other members of the band put out a brief statement for fans last night, expressing their shock at what had happened.

"Following charges made today against Ian Watkins, we find ourselves in a state of shock. We are learning about the details of the investigation along with you," it read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...kins-arrest-on-child-sex-charges-8427378.html

I do feel sorry for his band mates. Their careers/lives are now on hold. The name of their band is forever tarnished.

Of course, even more significant, is what the charges relate to! A one year old?!!? :furious:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ian-watkins-lostprophets-singer-reappears-1512322

Rocker Ian Watkins has reappeared before a court accused of plotting to rape a baby.

With his mum Elaine in the public gallery at Cardiff Magistrates Court, the 35-year-old singer appeared via video-link................

Watkins, who was dressed in a black suit, black shirt and black tie, was refused bail and remanded in custody with a plea and case management hearing scheduled at Cardiff Crown Court for March 11........more at link...........

:furious: Wow, no words ! Well a few but I do not want a time out.....

I saw this band on the Warped Tour in July. These allegations are atrocious beyond imagination and no doubt fans like me are betrayed. But I am guilty of still listening to their songs. I feel bad for the rest of the band because they've put out some (IMO) praiseworthy music. No excuse whatsoever for the allegations, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back