1256 users online (228 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Christmas Day Tornadoes: Southeast Texas to Florida

Christmas Day Tornadoes: Southeast Texas to Florida
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...ther-o/3036203

Tornadoes outbreak is possible on Christmas. It is not unprecedented as there was a tornado outbreak on Christmas Eve and Christmas in 1982.

http://www.ustornadoes.com/2012/12/2...rnado-history/

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

We are in the zone expected to be hit. We have been warned of winds at speeds of more than 75 miles per hour. Wow!. I will be praying that no one sustains any injuries or major damage during this storm. Unbelievable that such a strong storm would hit on Christmas day.

We live so far in the boonies that we will have to take a 4 wheeler to get to Mr Swamps mom and dads. On rainy days, our dirt driveway becomes half a mile of muddy mess so we park our cars up by the road and take the 4 wheeler to them.

You might wonder, "well why don't they just get the driveway paved?". Well it is half a mile long and even putting rocks on it would costs us thousands. Sooooo we just continue to use the 4 wheeler on rainy days or drive thru the pasture to get home. Sounds like a pain in the butt and it can be, but the benefits of living in such a private area make it all worth it.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    We are in the zone expected to be hit. We have been warned of winds at speeds of more than 75 miles per hour. Wow!. I will be praying that no one sustains any injuries or major damage during this storm. Unbelievable that such a strong storm would hit on Christmas day.

We live so far in the boonies that we will have to take a 4 wheeler to get to Mr Swamps mom and dads. On rainy days, our dirt driveway becomes half a mile of muddy mess so we park our cars up by the road and take the 4 wheeler to them.

You might wonder, "well why don't they just get the driveway paved?". Well it is half a mile long and even putting rocks on it would costs us thousands. Sooooo we just continue to use the 4 wheeler on rainy days or drive thru the pasture to get home. Sounds like a pain in the butt and it can be, but the benefits of living in such a private area make it all worth it.
    Yeah in the Midwest the rural areas almost never get plowed during snow. And it does cost a fortune just to put rocks on a dirt driveway. Then you have to level it with a tractor and let the driveway dry....and repeat often.

Be aware and safe Swampmama...hope you don't have any tornadoes on Christmas.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

I am also in the area expected to be hit. I am a little worried. I love thunderstorms but this is a little much for me especially on Christmas. Its also a little concerning how they describe the storms.

All of you be careful SwampMama! We are in north Louisiana with rain to begin around midnight and storms tomorrow.

Lets hope the weather people are wrong on this forecast!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Praying all of you in the path stay safe, and have a very Merry Christmas!

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I'm praying everyone makes it thru this safely. We may lose power but luckily we have a generator. If there is any damage or car wrecks from this, we will be out there doing a rescue in the rain since Mr Swamp and I (and his dad, brother and my sis in law) are all on the fire department here.

Be safe everyone!!
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Exclamation

If you are in a tornado warning area, please heed them and go to a shelter or safe spot away from windows.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Its starting, It is thundering hard and the rain has just begun. Be safe out there fellow websleuthers.

Winter storm Euclid looking pretty bad for today! Get out the weather radios and weather channel phone apps.

Nine inches of snow possible near the Missouri Arkansas border. Wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour possible in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

We are fortunate...no bad weather here...just freakin' freezing. Good thing as this is the only day the whole family can get together.

Guess I'd better get my behind in the kitchen and start cooking.

Merry Christmas to all!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Sitting here not sure what I should do. We are supposed to going to my Sister's for a family gathering and a big pot of seafood gumbo.

But I'm kinda scared to be out and about.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Woke up to more than a little dusting of snow in southeastern lower Michigan. A major is on it's way tomorrow afternoon through the evening and could bring 4-8" to the area.

If you are in the path of today's storms, please stay safe and warm and enjoy your holiday as best you can.

It's not pretty...please be careful everyone!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I am hoping all you Websleuthers and your loved ones who are in the path of these tornadoes and storms are safe and warm!

I'm praying everyone makes it thru this safely. We may lose power but luckily we have a generator.
    Yeah gotta buy gas for the generator tomorrow in case it hits here. In the woods nearby there is a graveyard with 4 victims of the "tornado enigma" circa 1884, mother and her 3 kids (5th victim of the family, the infant, was never found). Thousands died across the south in that 2 or 3 days.

Enigma tornado outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I hear a train coming I will be having a conversation with God. Doubt that will happen but I do need to buy gas for the generator as if the power goes out it won't be a "conversation" as much as cursing. : )
    Last edited by KateB; 06-13-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast