1134 users online (225 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australia - Tyron Cetinich, 15, Bogangar, 22 December 2012

Tyron Cetinich, 15, was last seen about 10am on Saturday, December 22 by his parents at his home in Bogangar.

"Officers have been told Tyron left his home telling his parents he was going surfing," a police statement said.

"When he failed to return by midday his parents became concerned and contacted police.

"Concerns are held for Tyron's welfare due to his young age and lack of money.
    "Police have been informed that Tyron may be travelling to Proston in Queensland."

Emergeny services conducted an extensive search of nearby beaches.
    They have also inquiried to hospitals and local medical centres however he has not been located.

Tyron is of Caucasian appearance, about 190cm tall with a thin build.
    He has braces on his teeth and was last seen wearing a grey cap, a navy blue hooded jumper and board shorts.

http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/m...stmas/1697073/

Was he carrying a surf board? No mention of it in article .. how do you go surfing without a surf board? Also odd, why if he left at 10am would they be worried enough by noon to contact police?
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

I'm trying to find more information, all news reports are giving the same details.

I have a 15 year old and we have strict contact rules, especially if he's going to be at the beach. When he goes to the beach with his cousins he knows he has 5 minutes past his return time before I start to get worried. I wonder if Tyron told his parents that he would be gone for an hour. If my son went to the beach and wasn't home 2 hours later (if he said he would be) I would start searching too.

There's a photo of Tyron at this link:
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...yron-news.html

Question Any news today?

I have a 15 year old and we have strict contact rules, especially if he's going to be at the beach. When he goes to the beach with his cousins he knows he has 5 minutes past his return time before I start to get worried. I wonder if Tyron told his parents that he would be gone for an hour. If my son went to the beach and wasn't home 2 hours later (if he said he would be) I would start searching too.

Agree - same rules as us when ours are @ the beach
    - any word on Tyron today? I cant find any updates online.
    Last edited by anxietyqueen; 12-26-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: ooops - it was fruitys quote that i highlighted and agreed with.

An update has been released:

TYRON Cetinich, a missing Bogangar teenager, still has not returned home.

Tweed/Byron Local Area Command Inspector Greg Jago said information received by police made them believe he may be in the Brisbane area.

Insp Jago said police did not believe Tyron had been abducted.

"He's just missing," Insp Jago said.

"We're continuing to make inquiries and appealing to the public for assistance.

"We just want to get him back to his family."
    http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/p...l-mis/1697701/

I really hope this is true.

Hi Fruity, i just clicked on that link & there is a 4.40pm update saying that he has passed away in non-suspicious circumstances :-(

Quote Originally Posted by dizzigirl1 View Post
    Hi Fruity, i just clicked on that link & there is a 4.40pm update saying that he has passed away in non-suspicious circumstances :-(
    How tragic! I was so hopeful that he had just ran off for a few days. I wonder why it took 4 days to find his body if his death was not suspicious, unless he drowned.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by vasportsmom View Post
    How tragic! I was so hopeful that he had just ran off for a few days. I wonder why it took 4 days to find his body if his death was not suspicious, unless he drowned.
    Oh no! I thought he had probably gone to visit someone too.......that is so sad
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by vasportsmom View Post
    I am not sure. I was completely shocked when i opened the link to find it had changed. It wasn't formatted correctly to start with & i was worried i was seeing things. We get bits of news around here & never seem to hear the full story. His poor family :-( At least they have found him.

Unhappy

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/...l-mis/1697701/

Not much new info, but thought would post anyways. RIP Tyron.....too young and so full of life. Just makes me so angry that our youth dies it's just NOT fair!!!!
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

Oh no! I was so hopeful that he was going to be okay . What a tragedy. His poor family. Poor Tyron.

Im guessing suicide. If he had been depressed, shown previous signs it would account for his parent's contacting police so soon. Maybe found a note or something after he left home or something on socila networking. Mothers know when there is something wrong Police may have thought mum was misinterpreting signs and he was just heading to visit a friend. At that age they are so overwhelmed when falling out with friends being bullied breaking up with girlfriend etc etc Whatever the circumstance a young life lost and a family forever in mourning

Ah I really didn't want to come here and see this RIP Ty

Some lovely comments here

http://www.facebook.com/RestInPeaceTyCetinich

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
    Im guessing suicide. If he had been depressed, shown previous signs it would account for his parent's contacting police so soon. Maybe found a note or something after he left home or something on socila networking. Mothers know when there is something wrong Police may have thought mum was misinterpreting signs and he was just heading to visit a friend. At that age they are so overwhelmed when falling out with friends being bullied breaking up with girlfriend etc etc Whatever the circumstance a young life lost and a family forever in mourning
    I'm really praying (for his family's sake) that it was an accidental death rather than suicide, but all news stories in Australia have a Lifeline phone number at the bottom of a news article if there was suicide involved. All articles about Tyron have that phone number at the bottom.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/tyron-ceti...earch/1698523/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast